Lulu Guinness' New Handbag Hardware

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

caretodiffer

Registered Shopper
All of Lulu's new handbags have hardware of golden lips as her trade mark ( I don't know if hardware is the correct name? )

I love all the lips on her older bags, in fact the Lulu bag that I have is the squidgy large Ruthie

LULU-0190-039-279-010.jpg

and I really love it:happy:

But, I am not sure if I like these golden lips :thinking: They somehow remind me of Agatha Christie's Poirot :giggle:

I know there are so many Lulu bag lovers here, what do you think about this new hardware?

LULU-0088-277-994-401.jpg

LULU-0071-247-999-010.jpg

LULU-0190-402-279-010.jpg

Hi Caretodiffer,

As you have probably guessed, I am a dedicated Lulu G fan so I'll start the ball rolling!! On the whole, I'm not a big fan of gold, I prefer silver, but I do like the new hardware on Lulu's bags because it is a more subtle brushed gold, rather than a bright polished finish. I think all the examples you've put in your post are beautiful!

I have the Ruthie too, in red, and have to agree that it is a gorgeous bag. We went to London recently and my Husband bought me the Nicola, which is a similar slouchy style to the Ruthie but plain nappa leather AND it has the gold lips - it's gorgeous but I have to wait until Christmas to get my hands on it!!:grin:

Cheers, PP x

Um .... excuse me ... excuse me ... I have to go off topic a bit here. Your husband took you to London & bought you a Lulu handbag!
Wow!
I get the odd packet of Wine Gums from Murco garage and I'm grateful.
I've gone seriously wrong somewhere

I am going off the lips full stop! Don't know what's wrong with me! Have even changed my old faithful Continental wallet for a sleek black patent Ted Baker one.....however, I do like the gold hardware as I am a gold fan :D

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

I definitely like the nappa leather with quilted lips. Not so keen on the quilted lips in the patent. I prefer her plain patent. No problem with gold hardware and thinking about it I don't have a preference for gold or silver. I quite like some of the bags with the lips hardware but not all of them. That's about right for me though.

I like the wallet and the first bag above but not the last one. But it's the bag I'm not keen on really. Too big and an odd shape but the lips look a bit of an afterthought.

By the way...well done Pickle on your Nicola!!! Bet you can't wait for xmas :p

I have a few Lulu bags but don't have anything with lips, quilted or otherwise. It's not a conscious thing and I wish I'd bought a bag in cherry quilted patent (jenny or annabelle) when they were available. The brushed gold metal is fine but the lips seem too large so I'm not drawn to the current season's designs. It's a passing phase and I'll probably be drawn to something from subsequent seasons.

Jude xx

Um .... excuse me ... excuse me ... I have to go off topic a bit here. Your husband took you to London & bought you a Lulu handbag!
Wow!
I get the odd packet of Wine Gums from Murco garage and I'm grateful.
I've gone seriously wrong somewhere

Haha! Well, to be fair, it was me that arranged the trip (we'd never go anywhere otherwise :cheeky:) but yes, he did indeed buy me a bag and it's not the first time either so I can't complain! Not bad for a grumpy old Yorkshireman!! :sun:

I definitely like the nappa leather with quilted lips. Not so keen on the quilted lips in the patent. I prefer her plain patent. No problem with gold hardware and thinking about it I don't have a preference for gold or silver. I quite like some of the bags with the lips hardware but not all of them. That's about right for me though.

I like the wallet and the first bag above but not the last one. But it's the bag I'm not keen on really. Too big and an odd shape but the lips look a bit of an afterthought.

It's all down to personal taste isn't it? Believe it or not, there are some Lulu bags that I'm less keen on, I'm not so keen on the "library" theme this season for example although I like some of the new non-themed bags (like anything in the navy patent!!).

Haha! Well, to be fair, it was me that arranged the trip (we'd never go anywhere otherwise :cheeky:) but yes, he did indeed buy me a bag and it's not the first time either so I can't complain! Not bad for a grumpy old Yorkshireman!! :sun:

*sigh* Dead jealous now!
My bag is a Wine Gum bag ... that's life

I am going off the lips full stop! Don't know what's wrong with me! Have even changed my old faithful Continental wallet for a sleek black patent Ted Baker one.....however, I do like the gold hardware as I am a gold fan :D

Capirossi! Let's talk - I can help you through this.........:cheeky:

I have two Lulu Wanda bags which i bought on easy pay, and have them a couple of years and not used
them, and am now going to sell them on e bay. Think i was mad paying that much for handbags. I'm not
a fan of the gold lips, i like silver things, but the lips don't appeal to me. After seeing how much she reduces
her bags in her sales i wouldn't buy bags full price now, and they're probably older styles so it wouldn't be
a problem anyway. Great being sensible, pity it didn't happen earlier :cash:

I have two Lulu Wanda bags which i bought on easy pay, and have them a couple of years and not used
them, and am now going to sell them on e bay. Think i was mad paying that much for handbags. I'm not
a fan of the gold lips, i like silver things, but the lips don't appeal to me. After seeing how much she reduces
her bags in her sales i wouldn't buy bags full price now, and they're probably older styles so it wouldn't be
a problem anyway. Great being sensible, pity it didn't happen earlier :cash:

If you don't use them, SB, then you should sell them and hopefully someone else can enjoy them! Personally, I like the lips but in moderation.

I'm looking forward to the next sale too! Would love to go to London and be at one of her stores for sale time but can't see it happening.....:sad:

PrincessP it's too late to talk.. Last week she actually bought a handbag in Marks and
Spencers, so i think she's gone to the dark side :sad:

Lol girls!!! Yep, a Marks bag and a Ted Baker wallet. Have also just ordered that navy patent boxy bag from Next that was initially only available in black and berry!! What's going on?!! :eek:

I've just sold my black nappa lips purse, so I definitely recommend getting them on ebay SB. Make sure you put them on here as well though, so we can all be tempted ;)

I have a Ted Baker wallet too Caipirossi. And I definitely have at least one M&S bag. The Wanda is my favourite LG bag shape/size. Can't see how that will work with the new lips hardware but I'm seriously not in the Market for a handbag right now anyway.

Minim my other half didn't buy me a bag but my son bought me a Mulberry bayswater for my birthday. I was seriously impressed and slightly stunned.

Latest posts

Back