Lulu Guinness bags

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

As you know Julie, with a bling addiction like mine I'm the last person to tell people off for spending their money on frivolous expensive luxuries! I even understand that some people view fancy bags the same way I do jewellery - I like a nice bag myself, but would never spend big to get one, as you say we all have different priorities. But that stamp bag is soooo ugly lol (in my opinion obviously!!!) - I'd rather go out head to toe in Quacker!!! (Maybe)
If I was ever to buy a £600 bag I'd at least like it to look nice! (OK, this is where you tell me you bought one and I'm not your friend any more lol, I hope you love your sequinned queen when she arrives ;) - actually, that last sounds like a transvestite on a big night out, but I digress...)
The rest of the range is fine, though as I've said not where I'd choose to spend my cash but that one just threw me completely.
Maybe I should just stop digging now hahaha!

I don't even know what her Stamp Bag looks like, I was just talking generally and I have never bought a sequinned bag in my life. What a strange reply.

lu lu in clearance shops

being a londoner i have heard of lu lu many many years ago. in fact a friend of mine worked for her. one of her jobs was to remove the made in ta....n labels on the flower pot bags. i quite like her bags as an expression of art i am that kind of person. the designs are quirky but i have seen some in tk maxx and i was not impressed with them on a practical level or even great quality. horses for courses i suppose. we all fall for hype of some sort we are all avid lovers of qvc for example. nothing wrong with that!

I caught a bit of the show today and was horrified by this, the first item I saw:
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.142724
I can't think I've ever seen an uglier bag (and I've watched B&W shows lol) - I actually squeaked out loud when I saw the price, having initially been bowled over by the true hideousness of the design.
If you like this, you should have gone to Specsavers! And would you like to buy London Bridge...?

I saw the show and laughed a lot :) I would also ask does anyone believe the review on that link Anne C posted above?

inspirational
"truly gorgeous. this bag is, in my opinion, more of an ornament. it's displayed in my home for all to see and for me to enjoy. i consider the purchase an investment."

:53:

Well you could hide your valuables in it no one would ever be tempted to steel it!! And as they are so heavy that mean they where to heavy to run away with.

I saw the show and laughed a lot :) I would also ask does anyone believe the review on that link Anne C posted above?

:53:
I wonder if she uses the bag when she is wearing the Kim and co trousers and the Michelle Hope top that she has also reviewed!

im happy to go round town with my kipling bag/s & some of the monkeys are proper leather & brass unlike some of these so called on trend & to be seen with bags....my kids call me a funky mum.[ them & hubby are all that matter to me for their opinions] ...the price of lulu guiness's bags are more than some people have to spend on the food & fuel bills for a month.....is this the correct & proper place to brag how much you can afford to spend..i joined here hoping for money saving hints & tips as well as a prize pot of cream is worth the doing without something else type of thing............not to have to read some people have IMO more money than sence..especially in the financial climate were in at present..please can we all have a 'nice to each other week' AT LEAST.......many thanks for allowing me to put my two pennyworth in

i joined here hoping for money saving hints & tips as well as a prize pot of cream is worth the doing without something else type of thing.

I have posted occasionally about where I've found things cheaper (like John Lewis for Liz Earle) and not falling for the hype that 'expensive = best', but to be honest it has fallen on deaf ears.

what a shame HQ as it would do us all good.......save a few £££££ even if to plough back into QVC
let play nicely children also springs to mind......heres hoping......

im happy to go round town with my kipling bag/s & some of the monkeys are proper leather & brass unlike some of these so called on trend & to be seen with bags....my kids call me a funky mum.[ them & hubby are all that matter to me for their opinions] ...the price of lulu guiness's bags are more than some people have to spend on the food & fuel bills for a month.....is this the correct & proper place to brag how much you can afford to spend..i joined here hoping for money saving hints & tips as well as a prize pot of cream is worth the doing without something else type of thing............not to have to read some people have IMO more money than sence..especially in the financial climate were in at present..please can we all have a 'nice to each other week' AT LEAST.......many thanks for allowing me to put my two pennyworth in

Iggylover OOPS have only just seen your post ...

yes, I agree with you, I love my Kipling Bags they are great fun .. Have had lots of complements when using mine! :1:

i also have people come up & say snap & hello & show me their bag.......sometimes its just a look that brings a smile in this not very friendly place that i happen to live in at present..
the straps go across my shoulder & my OM has been known to carry it over his shoulder [ well the black one & a khaki one ]...he wont do the lighter brighter ones...meany...& i think we need a little more fun tooso good on you jillzzZ long live kipling

I think Lulu Guiness bags are too expensive and I couldn't justify spending over £200 on a handbag. Some of them look as if they would be ruined if you got caught in the rain. I love Kipling myself but always get mine from the outlet store at Bicester Village as can't afford the QVC prices.

and the outlets dont do any % off of kiplings now either......so no bargains on ebay either

Well you could hide your valuables in it no one would ever be tempted to steel it!! And as they are so heavy that mean they where to heavy to run away with.

Well Lulu Guiness did say at one stage in the show when they were demo['ing a purse for 45 quid that you could keep your savings in it!
I did wonder at that stage if she lived in the RW or not.

Well Lulu Guiness did say at one stage in the show when they were demo['ing a purse for 45 quid that you could keep your savings in it!
I did wonder at that stage if she lived in the RW or not.

Definitely not the world I live in. The bag she was showing off the other day that was an imitation of a tiny box of cholocates SOOO reminded me of Emily Howard!!!

Lulu Guinness? Who's she when she's at home? The price of those bags is the luggage equivalent of buying a Damien Hurst.... you gotta have more money than sense and they won't stand the test of time.
I prefer the Tommy and Kate bags they sell on Price-Drop TV. Real leather, excellent quality and they get loads of complements because they are quite designer-led.

Latest posts

Back