Lulu Guinness Accessories Show Last Night!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

So surprised no-one has commented on this. I watched out of curiosity and couldn't believe some of the prices :YIKES: Look at this gimmicky little (and I mean LITTLE :rolleyes:) offering - this was £420 for a cloth bag!!
141617.jpg

I know the word designer is another word for rip-off but more feckin money than sense some people. :rolleyes::pPC:

If anyone bought it they must have more money than sense!

I loved some of the bags, but could never justify spending that amount of money on a canvas bag. I really liked Lulu herself, and admire her for launching her own company and making such a success of it. A bit like Liz Earle really. It's easy to knock them, but they started from nothing and are great role models for young women. They must have worked really hard to get to where they are today.

Yes I wish I'd thought of selling cloth handbags made up in childish designs first.......and charging a small fortune for them :eek: then I'd be extremely wealthy too. :rolleyes: :pPC:

Her bags are very expensive but she seems very quirky in her style (I wish I could pull off the red lipstick look) and I respect and admire that.

I would like to think there is a very good reason why one can charge £420 for a material bag, but I really can't. Perhaps its to fund the posh shop, staff, personal salary etc.

If I were to buy one I'd need to love it because buying for the label means nothing to me in this case - niether me or my friends had heard of LG!!

I loved some of the bags, but could never justify spending that amount of money on a canvas bag. I really liked Lulu herself, and admire her for launching her own company and making such a success of it. A bit like Liz Earle really. It's easy to knock them, but they started from nothing and are great role models for young women. They must have worked really hard to get to where they are today.

I think it's always admirable when women have set up sucessful companies. Liz Earle & Lulu are definitely roles models, I think you need to have lots of creative flair to be a handbag designer & Lulu has oodles, my only gripe I think are the prices are too high for what the items are i.e a teeny cloth bag for £420, waaaaay over priced.

....but saying that I think Lulu herself is fab, she has bags of style & she has that slightly kooky eccentricity about her which I love.

The lipstick thing had already been done to death by B&W so it's hardly original and funky. :pPC:

I walked past her shop in Sloane Square yesterday. Got the impression I would not be welcome inside! maybe they should cross breed her and her bags with the bloke from B and W...

I walked past her shop in Sloane Square yesterday. Got the impression I would not be welcome inside! maybe they should cross breed her and her bags with the bloke from B and W...

Now that would be interesting :D

I had a look at her handbags in John Lewis, not my style at all, and definitely overpriced. If you have the cash to spend on handbags,there are so many more stylish brands around: Hindmarsch, Mulberry, Bottega Veneta, ....... I know they are expensive, but very stylish and have a great leather quality.
She can stick her childish looking collection and her attitude in her @rse!
QVS should stock a better afforable and more stylish brand, like Radlye, Ri2k, coccinelle....

I'm fascinated why she want on QVC - and I would love to know what the mark up is on those bags.
Oh and the 30 day MBG - can I really use it for a month to see if I like it and then return it?
(without getting 'the letter')
And interesting Marzy that the bags appeared back in stock later - methinks the chequehold option might have been in use for that show then :cool:

That Bag from B & W will go down in History on this Forum, and so it should.
The Bag was overpriced, mass produced in China, and Sold with a "ONE EYED CROC", Simon Wilson is the one laughing all the way to the BANK..........

Guinness Bags are well overpriced, with or without the means to afford one........

Well at least with Eric you could get a nice big bag of chips instead of just an overpriced bag. ;) :pPC:

Latest posts

Back