Lulu Guiness sale already started....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thanks Tinks and Caretodiffer, I will take a trip to my local store today. They're all big superstores round my way so prob wil have sold out but worth checking x.

My local Sainsbury's is clearly very uncool!! They never sold out in the first place and i had no bother getting the 2 i wanted - spotty one and doll face.

They are obviously only selling out in the 'posh' places where people know who LG is. There has been loads around here - does that tell me something ?????

They are obviously only selling out in the 'posh' places where people know who LG is. There has been loads around here - does that tell me something ?????

Awwww Rosey :) I think it's prob cos there's ex cons down here who are happy to swipe the lot as the latest scheme to make a few easy quid lol x.

The spotty one didn't sell out here I don't think. Or if it did it was well after the doll face and kooky Kat. I'm using my Kooky Kat to carry my stuff to work ... I seem to be carrying a load of stuff at the minute.

Great, thanks Karen! :)
I used my work e-mail so will probably get the message tomorrow.

Just to let everyone know re the Sainsbury's comic relief Lulu shopper bags, I was told yesterday that my store in Kent have been informed that they are unlikley to get any more in. I managed to get 3 of the red ball ones, they had a few of those left. I may even have to get the cat or doll one from one of the expoiters on Ebay grrrr! x

Hi,

bag arrived. Extremely please with it :)

Currently have it sat on our coffee table, so I can admire it, after having a prance in front of the mirror!

Cheers,
karen

Hi,

bag arrived. Extremely please with it :)

Currently have it sat on our coffee table, so I can admire it, after having a prance in front of the mirror!

Cheers,
karen

Glad you like it. Wish I had got up early enough to get one now! I have the red one and love it, bought the Nicola in that new cobalt colour last week ordered it from John Lewis as I had a voucher from there to use sadly not for the complete cost of the bag, it was naughty of me, and I will not be buying anything else for a while, well that is my story and I'm sticking to it! Managed to get the comic relief tote in Birmingham today, and that doesn't count as a purchase!!
X

Made a visit to the LG pop-up shop in Bicester, Oxford at the weekend and was very impressed by the discount and selection of bags/umbrellas/purses in such a small shop. Think it will only be there until May but well worth a visit for LG fans (although all handbag fans would find something at Bicester) :rock:

Black patent Franka has arrived. Really pleased. Beautifully packaged as well. Hope everyone is happy with theirs.

Made a visit to the LG pop-up shop in Bicester, Oxford at the weekend and was very impressed by the discount and selection of bags/umbrellas/purses in such a small shop. Think it will only be there until May but well worth a visit for LG fans (although all handbag fans would find something at Bicester) :rock:

Ooh thanks for Bicester info, I did not realise it was only there until May, will have to go there sharpish! Can I ask what bags they had there, are they last season's ones? just wondered what to expect, ta x

The Lulu Red Nose bags are in Sainsbury's if you're interested. They're obviously selling well. Quite heavy canvas with soft handles. All the designs are good and there's the Lulu logo on the back.

My preference, and the one I bought, is the Kooky Kat but I did buy the spot one as a gift for someone I work with and I'm sure she will love it.

They're a good size. Big enough to stand a 2 litre bottle of pop up in.

Hope anyone who wants one gets one.

I got the Doll Face yesterday. Our local store is limiting 1 per customer at the moment as they can't keep them in stock.

My black patent franka bag arrived today too, there's a couple of small scrathes on it but only noticeable very close up so deffo keeping hold of mine seeing as Q are selling the exact same bag for £317 plus p&p. Got mine from Cocosa, £129 plus a fiver p&p, delighted :)

Oooh I may take another look in my Sainsbury's. I managed to get 3 of the ball ones for me & gifts & caved in & bought the doll face from Ebay as my store said they weren't getting any more in. The ball ones are quite striking actually, I was surprised, looks better than the picture.

Ooh thanks for Bicester info, I did not realise it was only there until May, will have to go there sharpish! Can I ask what bags they had there, are they last season's ones? just wondered what to expect, ta x

I'm new to the world of LG so not sure how old the ones I saw were but they had the following that I can remember:

The bag that looks like a stack of books and there was another style also featuring books
A black bag with poppies on it - maybe a Wanda style?
Medium Pollyannas in the cameo design and black devore lip design - they were about £89
Lots of totes (with poodles, with sunglasses (Dollface), the world is your oyster) plus the fold-up bags with red lips. The totes were around £45.
Jennys with different shop designs (think they were medium and around £80)
Large Red leather Romilly for nearly £200
Large navy Jenny quilted lips for about £120
Large navy Annabelle with gold lips for around £160
Large red Annabelle quilted handbag for £107 (and all red handbags had additional 20% off this month)
Annabelle haircalf snakeprint in two different sizes - they were a bit more pricey but around £200ish
Loads of the lip clutches in the different colours, some were metallic looking, some sparkly, some hardshell and starting at £120
Fan clutch bags
Black leather cross body bag which was quilted and that was around £70 and looked like a medium to me
Loads of little clutches with things like Pearls of Wisdom and ones that looked like little books with lipstick kisses in gold
Necklaces for under £20
Umbrellas
Lots of little purses and suitcase tags
Suitcases

What I got was a Medium Romilly in the Devore Lip for £82.50 and two medium Wandas - one with the cameo design for £73.50, one with the black & brown stripe bow for £88.50 and a red small scalloped leather Wanda for £84. Yes I went a bit mad but two of the bags are for my sister so I'm not completely greedy :angel:

The ladies in the shop were very helpful and knew the products inside out. The shop isn't big, it's a like big beach hut and if they only had 1 of an item, it was in a drawer rather than on display (so be sure to ask to have a look in it if you don't see what you are after). I got the feeling that the stock changed quite frequently. They did put a bag by for a customer but she had to collect it that day so if you are travelling a distance probably best to phone ahead and find out what they have in case you want it put by. The tel no is 01869 253 579.

Price wise and not including suitcases, nothing seemed to be much over £200.

If they are anything like the Ingenue London pop up shop in Spitalfields was, they may well discount heavily a couple of weeks before they shut in May. Ingenue London had dresses for £20 and under and it wasn't old season when I went there in mid Jan :clapping:

As for the Kipling shop there - OMG it was superb and the biggest Kipling shop I have ever seen. They had everything and the prices were great.

Well worth a day out and I am tempted to go again in April if I have any money to spare (living on bread and jam for next few weeks LOL) :up:

Awww many thanks Pollybelle, that took some writing, (and remembering)! Bravo!!:rock:
Sounds like they're about 70% off RRP full price by the sound of it as I also have the black cameo flock mid Romilly and that was about £88 I recall. I got it at 70% off in her online Jan sale this year. You got the lowest prices around I'm pretty sure so well worth the expense! :clapping:

Many thanks from me as well, what a memory you have! Sounds really good and Kipling as well! I will have to go and have a nose soon, thanks again xx

Bicester Village is very near to me, so I have to be disciplined, as it's so easy to be sucked in by big discounts.
It gets incredibly busy, so I try to go on week days. The Kipling store is fab, they always have a huge box full of final reductions- well worth a look!
I'm sure as Pollybelle says, the best LG deals will come near the time the pop up shop closes. I have always had the best bargains when the high street sales are over- they practically give things away!
The Cath Kidston shop is good, L'Occitanne very disappointing, but I guess there is something for everyone!
Top tip- take your own food or go to the pub at the left as you drive in- the on-site eateries are over- priced !!

I do like the Wanda shape but only have a mink stripe bow print one in small - I would really love a leather one but there doesn't even seem to be one on her official site at full price - I'm wondering if she's discontinuing the Wanda shape ?:sad:

Thanks for the info re Bicester - might give them a call.

Latest posts

Back