LUCAS JACK JEWELLERY - what do you think?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sparklyraindrops

Registered Shopper
Just watching Lucas Jack hour - to me they are incredibly expensive for something that looks very plasticy (if there is such a word) and the sort of thing you would get for about £5 in Primark.

Just watching Lucas Jack hour - to me they are incredibly expensive for something that looks very plasticy (if there is such a word) and the sort of thing you would get for about £5 in Primark.
I pretty much agree with you. I didn't see the show but saw the half moon earrings earlier, as you say they seemed very pricey and caertainly didn't look like they cost so much.

Sparklyraindrops;456407]Just watching Lucas Jack hour - to me they are incredibly expensive for something that looks very plasticy (if there is such a word) and the sort of thing you would get for about £5 in Primark

Cheap & nasty expensive tat. Even California Style looks classier!:sun:

I am not very schooled in what is good value for money in jewellery, but the Lucas Jack range seems expensive :cash::cash: for what it is. I have only seen half the show so far (recorded it) and my thought was that my husband got a solid silver (guy-like) cuff from Taxco for £90 (no gemstones, either precious or semi-precious) last summer that was a considered purchase. It is fantastic. I was shocked at the £97 price tag for a bangle with resin stones. :mysmilie_466: Some of the items looked ok but only if they cost a lot less. :wonder::thinking:

From the tiny glimpses I got in the midst of putting the kids to bed, I thought the designs looked really gorgeous and unusual. But yes, on the pricey side.

I only saw the show for a few minutes and they were showing a resin cuff for £97 which although a nice design was very expensive IMO.

I heard them mention Cheryl Cole loves it. I wonder if she actually does wear it, or if she has the solid gold equivalent.

Having watched the show fully now (recorded it), some of the pieces are attractive like the bangles and earrings but still highly priced.

I only caught the end of the show, but the (expensive) Bakelite bracelet with the stone stuck on it, reminded me of something Gok Wan could create from a cheap bracelet and a snazzy button.

I had heard of Lucas Jack before QVC started selling it and a few years ago I might have considered to buy something.

However after seeing this on TV and knowing that the stones are only resin and the earring findings, bangles and rings are made from a base metal I won't be buying anything. The pieces didn't have the "Wow" factor for me.

I would rather invest my money in a sterling silver piece with gemstones and pay a fraction of the price for something that won't turn my skin green which has happened with some of the fashion jewellery pieces I have bought from QVC.

Wasn't impressed by the half hour I saw. Reminded me a bit of the brand Mint that is newish to QVC - IMHO neither have the wow factor to justify the prices they charge.

I prefer the items by his brother, Cracker;-) Although everything does come in a pretty orange suedette pouch, or is that pochette? Made Diamonique look classy (or glassy) and you don't hear that too often.

Latest posts

Back