Longest lasting tea lights??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

shushkin!

Registered Shopper
YC tealights are supposed to last 4-6hrs which is really good going
but they aint cheap. Not tested by myself as yet.
I have heard Lakeland do some long lasting pine scented tea lights
that smell yummy and also very reasonably priced.
I bought a pack of 100 from M&S for £4 and they do last 4.5 hrs after
testing by yours truly.
I would be very interested to hear others experiences with the
longevity of tea lights they have tried. Are YC tea lights tops?

p.s. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone. Lets hope the economy really starts to turn the corner in 2010.

I use a lot of yc tarts .. and have tried many t lights but for me it has to be yc unscented t lights.... they really last, unlike the cheaper unscented t lights

I get a bag of 50 from homestore & more. Think they are a couple of quid. They last for about 4-5 hours so happy with them. Can't relight them once they are lit though but I don't know if any t-light can be relit??

Trim the wick really short and they'll last loads longer.

:mysmilie_12:

The best brand I have used are Bolsius unscented tea lights which I picked up at Boundary Mill but can be bought online from scentedcandleshop.com. In second place are Prices.

The worst taht I have tried are some a I recently got from Dunham Mill. All the wicks were jammed down into the wax so I had to dig each one out first. x

Sainsbury's Basics - 100 for £2 - or sometimes 100 for 99p depending when you shop, usually get 4 hours out of each one.

habitat,m&s,homebase all last ages4-5 hours each.
john lewis last the longest 4-6 hours but are a little more expensive.
i have never bought yankee tarts as they are very expensive.

Ikea - no idea how much they cost as i got them ages ago & only just started using them with a tart warmer thingy. they're about a third deeper than the normal ones i've bought (dunelm, asda etc.) & the one i lit at about 3pm this afternoon is still burning strong!

Sainsbury's Basics - 100 for £2 - or sometimes 100 for 99p depending when you shop, usually get 4 hours out of each one.

I bought some from Sainsbury's this week as I'm not using my glass burner at the moment (previously they have burnt too hotly for this and I've ended up with a broken burner due to the heat). I have a wreath arrangement on my coffee table that is a tealight holder. I have placed a medium jar candle in the middle of it however didn't order enough scented tealights so thought I'd get some unscented to burn in the holders. Big mistake with the Sainsburys ones again as the heat from one of them has melted some of the holly in the arrangement.

Ikea - no idea how much they cost as i got them ages ago & only just started using them with a tart warmer thingy. they're about a third deeper than the normal ones i've bought (dunelm, asda etc.) & the one i lit at about 3pm this afternoon is still burning strong!

3pm until 1.20am when it finally gave up the ghost - pretty amazing eh?! :mysmilie_696:

Latest posts

Back