Lodge Farm Kitchen - Ridiculously Expensive

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I remember a time when QVC used to cater for ordinary working class people back in the days when Sky first came into our homes now they seem to be aiming a the upper/middle class.

If i want luxuary ready meals i will use Marks and Spencer or Waitrose and i guarantee these will be far cheaper and tastier than those on the tv at the moment.

Putting aside the price, I`d never buy food off the TV. I never buy ready meals but if I did I`d want to see what`s inside the carton before I bought it. I`ve seen ready meals in supermarkets and some of them look tiny and I daresay if you looked under the sleeve and saw exactly what was inside the tub then you`d be even more shocked. We all know the con of using smaller plates to make the food portions look bigger, all the foodie TV ads do that and I daresay Q do it too and also display items much bigger than those you`ll actually receive such as meat joints. Plus no 2 pieces of meat are ever the same so the piece on TV might look lean and tasty but the piece you get might be completely different.
I appreciate not everybody can get around a supermarket or even live near one and when you do an online shop with Asda or whoever, you`re allowing someone else to choose things for you but the person delivers the items to your door, tells you straightaway if something has been substituted and you can always check your products before you sign for your order and return items there and then if you`re unhappy with anything. I honestly can`t see any practical reason for buying food from Q, whatever the price.

And again, quotes taken out of context or just plain misquoting of what I've said. Just some simplistic, banal 'argument', banging the same drum just a little bit louder. Are you Alex Salmond? Anyway, there's little point in having any sort of discussion with you, is there. Oh well...

There are other posters on this thread... it's just a little conceited to assume I'm responding solely to your comments.

As someone else has said, the buyers of the meals are the only ones who can really tell us if they are 'worth' the money.

And again, quotes taken out of context or just plain misquoting of what I've said. Just some simplistic, banal 'argument', banging the same drum just a little bit louder. Are you Alex Salmond? Anyway, there's little point in having any sort of discussion with you, is there. Oh well...

Leave Scottish Politics out of your childish petty arguments - good grief never seen such petty comments and, I hasten to add, not just from you. Could we try having an adult debate on here .....................

Oh and the meals are overpriced but if someone wants to pay good luck to them.

Leave Scottish Politics out of your childish petty arguments - good grief never seen such petty comments and, I hasten to add, not just from you. Could we try having an adult debate on here .....................

Oh and the meals are overpriced but if someone wants to pay good luck to them.

I'll bring Scottish Politics into whatever I see fit, without your blessing thank you. If you want to try to dictate what politics people can talk about then you're best off living in North Korea or Iraq.

I concur 100% with what has been said. If people were savvy enough to know they were being ripped off and, consequently, didn't spend their hard earned on this gloop, the Q wouldn't sell it. A friend of mine is a real foodie and is not averse to spending £70 and more on joints of meat. Although I am vegetarian for over 30 years, I realise that some may feel that flesh from a certain breed of animal is better than that from another, so may be prepared to pay more. But the prices for a few sausage rolls is exorbitant. I don't eat pastry but, if I did, I could buy two cheese and onion rolls from the supermarket for 50p! It is, imo, pure laziness, spending all this money on ready meals, when it would be so easy and quick to cook them yourself.

Could I just take issue with this as a sweeping generalisation please - my parents, both in their 80s, find them really useful as a standby in their freezer. They don't rely on them solely but when one of them fancies a hot meal and the ore one doesn't, or doesn't feel up to cooking everything from scratch they are ideal. I don't see that as 'pure laziness' personally.

My youngest son live alone, works long hours and isn`t a great cook at the best of times so he regularly buys ready meals. He finds them quick and easy and buys them from asda where they`re regularly on offer at 5 or 6 for a set price. He bulks them up by adding chips, pasta, rice or salad. When he lived at home I never ever used ready meals, especially as there were 5 of us to feed but I can understand why he buys them. He isn`t lazy, far from it, he knows they won`t be wasted, they sit in the freezer until he uses one and when he gets home after a long shift and late at night, he can make a meal quickly.

Ridiculous. Tiddlywinks, I think you might be the sort of woman who's always right... So I agree with you. All that you say.

EOM

You're very gracious.

Could I just take issue with this as a sweeping generalisation please - my parents, both in their 80s, find them really useful as a standby in their freezer. They don't rely on them solely but when one of them fancies a hot meal and the ore one doesn't, or doesn't feel up to cooking everything from scratch they are ideal. I don't see that as 'pure laziness' personally.

I agree... One of my elderly relatives buys ready meals from Wiltshire Farm Foods. Sometimes it's hard to find the motivation or energy to cook a Thai curry from scratch for just one person but, with ready meals, he can just reach into the freezer and grab a curry, fish in parsley sauce, steak and kidney pie, sticky toffee pudding or whatever takes his fancy.

http://www.wiltshirefarmfoods.com

You're very gracious.

I agree... One of my elderly relatives buys ready meals from Wiltshire Farm Foods. Sometimes it's hard to find the motivation or energy to cook a Thai curry from scratch for just one person but, with ready meals, he can just reach into the freezer and grab a curry, fish in parsley sauce, steak and kidney pie, sticky toffee pudding or whatever takes his fancy.

http://www.wiltshirefarmfoods.com

When my dad was in hospital they gave me a leaflet from Wiltshire Foods to get a supply of food for after he left hospital (we don't live near each other) so the NHS don't consider them a no no. I didn't use them because he was able to get meals on wheels fairly quickly but it was certainly an option. No waste when only one person in a house.

When my dad was in hospital they gave me a leaflet from Wiltshire Foods to get a supply of food for after he left hospital (we don't live near each other) so the NHS don't consider them a no no. I didn't use them because he was able to get meals on wheels fairly quickly but it was certainly an option. No waste when only one person in a house.

I worked for the NHS until not so long ago, in a department working with terminally ill patients, and we too used to give them info about Wiltshire farm foods for when they didn't feel up to cooking.

6 pages of "discussions" and not one person has said they have bought it or that its good value , Even Q fb had the same up roar about this range, I guess the viewers have voted NO :mysmilie_59:

I work bonkers hours and sometimes I resort to a ready meal. One of the best is a brand called Charlie Bigham. Available in Sainsbury's and although they're not huge portions, they're great with some green veg or a salad. They're often on offer for a fiver for a meal for two. Some are really good on the calorie count. I keep one or two in the freezer for those days I just don't have the time to cook and they're cheaper and better than a takeaway.

Latest posts

Back