Lock & lock broken hinge

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

timberhill

Registered Shopper
Hi! I'm sorry, I know this has probably been asked before but has anyone else had a broken hinge with lock & lock, & what sort of repsonse did they get from QVC?
I love my lock & lock & have never had a problem until today.
Plus this lid has probably only been used half a dozen times.

Many thanks

To be honest I didnt bother QVC, I just threw it away, maybe I should have called them to see if they would help. Let me know how you get on.

I had one once and you have to send the whole set back!! as wasn't sure which belonged to which set etc I didn't bother either.

I think I'd be more inclined to contact Lock & Lock Direct. Either that or put your foot down with QVC about sending the whole kit back (which they invariably ask for!!!!)

Em xXx

I did not bother either when I had it happen to me as I know QVC like to have whole sets returned.

I think I'd be more inclined to contact Lock & Lock Direct. Either that or put your foot down with QVC about sending the whole kit back (which they invariably ask for!!!!)

Em xXx

I tried that as I've had two broke, after promising to send me out replacements more than 3 times and continual emails I gave up in the end! IMO the L&L CS is carp!

I tried that as I've had two broke, after promising to send me out replacements more than 3 times and continual emails I gave up in the end! IMO the L&L CS is carp!

Oh, that's not good!!!

Em xXx

I had one once and you have to send the whole set back!! as wasn't sure which belonged to which set etc I didn't bother either.

I was in the same position, QVC wanted the whole set returned.
I told them that this was not possible at the present time and why could I not just return the faulty lid.
Told it had to be the whole set.
No offer to repay postage, so it went in the bin.

With all this talk of customer services I just wanted to mention that it's worth buying L&L from Lakeland shops. Their customer service is simply the best ever. If you're not happy with anything at any time they'll refund or replace. You don't have to make it to a Lakeland shop either as they do mail order too & are happy to post things out to you. They'd replace broken hinged L&L no problem, & they wouldn't make you feel guilty whilst doing it as QVC sometimes can! TSVs from QVC of course work out better value, but only if you want every single box. If not choosing individual boxes from Lakeland works out just as well.

One of my lids broke on a bowl, don't think it helped hubby throwing accross the room and anger. :angry:I didn't bother getting a replacement as I've loads of L&L bowls.

I took mine back to Lakeland , must have been at least 1+ year old and they just gave me a new L&L, they do have a lifetime guarantee so they shouldn't quibble with you . Can't even remember if I bought it from them either, but they were very helpful.

I bought the set of 15 small boxes, they were very good value for about £11. I threw the packaging away before I checked all the lids, and one of the lids broke as I was trying to cliip it on, I rang cs and they wanted me to send them the number which had been inside the box, well because I had binned it, I just forgot about it and I still use the box without a lid, or just clip it on with the 3 sides.

Hi - I had a hinge break - really annoying because it was on a pink useful size (think they called it a bacon box). They wanted the whole set returned and I explained I couldn't do this as I had given some away. They offered to refund the postage on my original order - which they did but I really wanted the replacement lid......

I ordered a first - and last - set of L and L. Came home to find a parcel net card - undated and untimed and with no contact details - saying that my parcel had been left in my dustbin! No parcel - had words with QVC about their choice of cowboy outfits for delivery and got money back.

Then I bought some boxes from Tesco with the lock type lids. They were three for price of two. Good quality and very good value.

I've had several lids break at the hinge, always the coloured ones, and I suspect they are not as robust as the clear ones. QVC insist on you returning the whole set, and if outside of the 30 days mbg they are not interested at all. I have always just thrown them away. Lakeland don't sell coloured ones, unfortunately.

something a bit weird with L&L...i've seen the demos but whenever i have used them in the freezer, it has not been an absolute airtight seal. as a result i have become a bit more reserved about purchasing L&L recently. from everyone's posts with regards to the CS, i am going to be even less faithful to the brand!

I ordered the latest tsv and when I got it the base of the largest box was cracked. I expected to have to send the whole lot back but they are replacing the broken part only.

I had to provide them with the number on the bottom of the box and they have now ordered it. They said they are able to order seperate parts (although it can take up to 6 weeks). I would give them a ring/email.

Thank you so much for all your replies!!

I couldn't send the whole set back as I'd never be able to sort out which container came from which set! lol
I'll try CS but not holding out much hope now.
It's only a small round lid so I'm sure it will lock ok with 3 hinges, but it would be nice to have a new lid in an ideal world!

Haven't opened the last TSV yet. Had better go & check it now

hinge

this happened to me years ago and all qvc did was ask for the item code which is embossed on all items. they then got the supplier to send just the lid in the post. ask them if they will do that.

Latest posts

Back