l'occitanes gain as molton brown wanes......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

boffy

Registered Shopper
l'occitane have done a booming 32,000 units today with its exceptional tsv i wonder if molton brown was around if l'occitane would have done so well.
have all molton browns customers wondered down the path to provence?
l'occitane to me look after their l'occitane customers at qvc and value the high spend they get from them. well done l'occitane for not biting the hand that feeds you. boffy!

could be....

I'm not sure whether, beyond this forum, this is common knowledge that Molton Brown has left QVC.

QVC never make anouncements about brands leaving or being withdrawn; as though they think no one will notice.

Given the credit crunch I thhink Molton Brown has shot itself in the foot trying to re-establish itself as an exclusive brand; I wonder how their "units shifted" total reflects the decision at the end of the year.

The Christmas TSV must have been a great way of spreading the word about the brand, not just to those who bought from QVC but those who received it as presents.

Jude x

Must admit that if I hadn't read it here, I wouldn't have known about MB. It must almost be slightly embarrassing to QVC. After all, the presenters frequently mentioned MB even on non MB shows and there was even a trailer about re-ordering, showing MB as one of the "favourite" brands. I don't particularly like the way QVC don't mention it and assume customers just won't notice. They did that with Aveda a while ago, I seem to remember.

I'm not especially bothered personally, as I didn't find the products all that exciting and Jill Goldsmith's simpering and waxing lyrical over the products would often find me reaching for the off button.

I do think they've shot themselves in the foot rather though. I hadn't really known much about the brand before QVC and it certainly encouraged me to try, as it did for other members of my family/friends. Surely they must be missing out this year, by not having that big TSV.

Mind you, it does make me wonder....who knows in these troubled times...maybe there were other reasons for withdrawing from QVC?

But if it is just because QVC isn't "high end" enough for them, then quite frankly, they can get stuffed! :20:

Visited a Molton Brown shop once and the smell of the products really did nothing for me! L'Occitane all the way

I prefer MB shower gels everytime, Loccitane products dont lather up the same as MB.
I am gutted that MB are no longer on QVC and think there will be an awful lot of disappointed people on the 2nd weekend in December when they are relying on a MB TSV for christmas gifts

I much prefer L'Occitane to MB. The MB Naran ji handwash is lovely - I've bought it myself - but the fragrances in L'Occitane just suit be better.

I don't think the 32,000 sales is that surprising when you consider the TSV was shown pratically every 15 mins, for 24 hrs.

I like L'Occitane, but am seriously unimpressed at how often they discontinue lines. Most of the candles I liked, the old vanilla formula, and the shea cleanser have all gone to the great beauty counter in the sky over the last couple of years. I don't even bother trying anything new now, coz there's no point getting excited about something that'll be gone in 10 months.

(Yes, I know - bah humbug!)

I don't think the 32,000 sales is that surprising when you consider the TSV was shown pratically every 15 mins, for 24 hrs.

I like L'Occitane, but am seriously unimpressed at how often they discontinue lines. Most of the candles I liked, the old vanilla formula, and the shea cleanser have all gone to the great beauty counter in the sky over the last couple of years. I don't even bother trying anything new now, coz there's no point getting excited about something that'll be gone in 10 months.

(Yes, I know - bah humbug!)

Completely agree with this.

I personally prefer the L'Occitane, as I prefer the scents, but they just don't seem to be very consistent, apart from Lavender and Verbena. Much as Jill Goldsmith used to get on my nerves banging on and on about Heavenly Gingerlily, at least you knew where you were with those.

L'Occitane seem to discontinue things no matter how popular they are - the Vanilla being a case in point. And I miss the candles too.

l'occitane have never ever sold this many tsvs. ever! i have to agree that they are awfull at constantly discontinuing items but sometimes they have made good improvements to the lines. i would like to see qvc do more of thier skincare as it is far superior to say elemis which even avon does not upset my skin. nearly evrything elemis does for the face upsets my not so sensitive skin especially that pro-collagen cream
also a little known fact is that l'occitane are acutally part of the clarins group. this would explain the high calibre of skincare that they offer.oooppps!!!! i slippped up there.

I think they sold more Loccitane TSV's than normal because MB hasnt been on and also the EP does make a difference and the fact they kept saying last bath and body TSV before christmas. It all adds up.

they told us on air just before the traditional went limited stock that they have sold 32,000. a record for l'oocitane. normally if they are lucky its around 18,000. well done l'occitane and may you continue to give us excellent tsv.

they told us on air just before the traditional went limited stock that they have sold 32,000. a record for l'oocitane. normally if they are lucky its around 18,000. well done l'occitane and may you continue to give us excellent tsv.

I bet they'll get complacent like everyone else though boffy :fume:

Latest posts

Back