L'occitaine Hot Pick Huh !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
I am getting fed up with QVC !

A L'occitaine tsv just over a week ago was £39.10 For the same products today the hot pick price is £42.66 ! We have only saved just over £3 for the tsv price - what are they playing at ?

The tsv's are getting worse and worse for value, and by the time the p and p is added on they are just not worth the effort.:angry:

i have been saying this for months that i buy the tsv beauty kits when i need them and can afford them not cos its a tsv...

It's certainly been a long time since the beauty TSVs were good value deals. Gets me when ol' yappy goes on about the amount of money you would be paying if the items were full-size, er, yes, but they're not, are they, so it's a moot point. I can't imagine anyone falls for the spiel: "this is unbelievable value, as it would cost £350 if you were to buy all of these in the FULL SIZES, and here, you've got several TRAVEL and SAMPLE sizes for just £50 (plus £6.99 p&p). Bargain!

It's certainly been a long time since the beauty TSVs were good value deals. Gets me when ol' yappy goes on about the amount of money you would be paying if the items were full-size, er, yes, but they're not, are they, so it's a moot point. I can't imagine anyone falls for the spiel: "this is unbelievable value, as it would cost £350 if you were to buy all of these in the FULL SIZES, and here, you've got several TRAVEL and SAMPLE sizes for just £50 (plus £6.99 p&p). Bargain!

That's a new one..AY= Ali Yappy...love it:grin:

I noticed that the price for the L'Occitane former TSV was only about £3.50 more than the TSV price. I got that TSV and it is lovely and good value so I'm not really bothered. However the selling point of the TSV is the bargain price for one day only, so if TSVs reappear at almost the same price the whole reason for buying on TSV day has gone.

I'm not AY's biggest fan but the point that you can buy a range of products in smaller sizes for much less than the full sizes is fair enough. I'm sure we only take notice of the price comparison when expressed as the equivalent cost for the quantity you get. Of course if the smaller sizes get you hooked on a range that costs a fortune then that could be a problem, and I'm sure that's what they are trying to do.

Unfortunately, the quantity you get is often pitifully small, and makes the full-size price spiel even more annoying.

Bring back the TSVs of 12-15 years ago........................ choc full of litre sizes of Aveda Shampoos AND conditioner AND styling products

Now they really were bargains :clap:

The pricing mechanism seems to be full of holes at the moment. I bought a Carole Hochman kaftan yesterday that was three different prices depending how I 'found' the item on the website. Naturally I bought it at the cheapest price! I've found several jewellery items where the price on the list page is different from the price when you click on the item. You've really got to look carefully at the page.

As for the OTOs and the 'Anniversary Prices' and the 'Special Prices' - they make no sense to me at all.

Bring back the TSVs of 12-15 years ago........................ choc full of litre sizes of Aveda Shampoos AND conditioner AND styling products

And what about the Molton Brown ones, full sizes and around £20. The posties in those days all had hernias bringing our stuff.:cool2:

I can remember years ago buying a molton brown tsv which was in a round black bag and contained about 12 small bottles (but at least 100mls so good sizes) of shampoos, conditioners, all the shower gels, yuan zee etc and the whole lot only cost about £18. ALL the TSVs are around the £50 mark with the postage these days and considering the credit crunch i cannot justify that sort of money, this is my weekly "food" bill instead QVC. Kipling handbags for exampe are cheaper TSVs than beauty items recently and at the end of the day these are handbags which will last years compared to beauty items which you literally only pour down the drain with the bathwater. Come on be fair and bring the beauty tsvs back to reality.

I agree Jabba I used to stay up for those! even when I was up early the next morning for work!!

the l'occitane ones were fantastic you used to even got some skincare and bath stuff and tins of chea butter and rarely any trial sizes..
the philosphy ones were to die for boxed like it was a wedding gift so sumptious oh well se la vie....!!!!:wave2:

Ooohhh the days of staying up for the TSV are long gone for me. The Molton Brown and Philosophy ones were always worth staying up for until MB decided to do the same TSV over and over. Philosophy has really gone downhill since Lee left as a lot of forum members have already said. The Decleor TSV's are always very expensive as are Gatineau. I am fed up with the TSV's and haven't bought one for ages. Oh I did buy nails inc but I am still deciding about whether to send it back.

I remember just two years ago my first ever Smashbox purchase. It was a TSV full of all sorts of things, primer, brushes, eyeshadows, brow tech to name a few - and it was priced around £23. That is worth staying up for!

Also if I'm skint, I propery look at the price difference, and as already mentioned, the fall out is only a few quid.

Not worth the risk of going over drawn, no way!

Yeh it's a bit like buying a second-hand Lada and the salesman saying it would cost loads more if it was a Porsche...:thinking2:

L'occitaine sale

I am getting fed up with QVC !

A L'occitaine tsv just over a week ago was £39.10 For the same products today the hot pick price is £42.66 ! We have only saved just over £3 for the tsv price - what are they playing at ?

The tsv's are getting worse and worse for value, and by the time the p and p is added on they are just not worth the effort.:angry:

A few months ago when QVC had a series of show from L'occitaine, I checked on their website and some of the items were cheaper even it you added postage. Also if you spent a certain amount, postage was free. Sometimes I do thing that QVC play on customers loyalty a little to much::thinking2:

I think you're right taliskar re: the playing on loyalty. I get the feeling though, and no offence is meant here, that the majority of QVC customers are elderly who either can't or don't want to go out shopping for the items they see on screen and additionally do not have internet access to shop around online. How many times do you hear the presenters make mention that you don't need to go out and shop for things as QVC deliver direct to your door.

Given the above it's no wonder they don't bother giving good value anymore as why would you need to when the majority of your customers would order from you for ease anyway?

I think you're right taliskar re: the playing on loyalty. I get the feeling though, and no offence is meant here, that the majority of QVC customers are elderly who either can't or don't want to go out shopping for the items they see on screen and additionally do not have internet access to shop around online. How many times do you hear the presenters make mention that you don't need to go out and shop for things as QVC deliver direct to your door.

Given the above it's no wonder they don't bother giving good value anymore as why would you need to when the majority of your customers would order from you for ease anyway?

:hi:No offence taken but it is nice sometime to get things delivered without the hassle (especially Christmas) and you do want best value but I for one, most of the time like to see what I am buying so do prefer the shops.

Latest posts

Back