Liz Earle's Cleanse & Polish

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

backstreetgirl

Registered Shopper
I've been using Liz Earle's Cleanse & Polish for a number of years now and with great success. But.....recently I've found that one pump is now not enough for my face as it just seems to 'sink in' too quickly, so I have to use two pumps - and that's without using it to remove eye make-up too. Is it anything to do with the fact that she's added or replaced whatever it was fairly recently?

Last edited:
If you do a search you will find several threads talking about almond milk (I think) having been substituted by something else and this diminished the product performance. Don't use her stuff personally so didn't pay much attention but I imagine that many more corners will be cut to reduce production costs (almond are very expensive now like many other things we take for granted) as Avon will want high profits.

Ah, that was it Vampyre, almond milk, thankyou. :) I'll do as you suggest and search for the original threads. It's such a shame though, I really loved Cleanse & Polish, it suited my Rosacea prone skin perfectly, but it's not so good - nor cost effective - now.

Edit: I do remember reading the original posts about a product being removed or added and thought at the time that I hadn't noticed any difference. Maybe I'd received an 'old' one at that time. Now I've got the 'new' one and don't like it as much. :(

Last edited:
They took out the almond milk, something to do with allergies according to them. Didn't seem to bother Liz Earle for the 8 or 9 years it was in cleanse and polish. They put in coco butter which strangely is a much cheaper product, and has been known to cause blocked pores etc.

Thanks Donna, I have always loved C & P in the past but I can see me looking for another cleanser, which is a shame. It would have to be one I could use with a muslin cloth as I like that idea. I'm wondering about A'kin but I don't know if it's possible to use that with a muslin cloth.

I wonder how many customers Liz has lost due to taking out the almond milk?

Ironically, I couldn't use the old formula. It brought my skin out in lumps and bumps. The new formula is perfect for me and my skin has never looked so good. I guess it's win some, lose some with customers. However, it's always a shame when a product you have loved for years is suddenly reformulated. I was heartbroken years ago when Chanel got rid of their original matte moisturiser and introduced the Precision range (and hiked the price up at the same time). Wouldn't touch it now.

Thanks Donna, I have always loved C & P in the past but I can see me looking for another cleanser, which is a shame. It would have to be one I could use with a muslin cloth as I like that idea. I'm wondering about A'kin but I don't know if it's possible to use that with a muslin cloth.

I use the A'Kin creamy cleanser with a muslin cloth. Stopped using C&P when it changed.

:flower:

I've stopped using C&P as well - in fact I've stopped using Liz Earl altogether. I now use Elemis Pro Radiance Cleanser and use my old Liz Earl cloths to take it off. Works a treat and only one pump is necessary for the whole face.

Tesco do a similar cleanser, as do Soap & Glory and the Boots Botanic range..I've tried 2 out of these three and they're impressive.

Well, I've just placed my order for A'kin's Creamy Cleanser. I was going to go elsewhere as it's £10.50 for one on another site, with cheaper p & p, but I wanted to use QVC's 30 day mbg. I'm sure I'll like it though, every single rating is 5 star! Can't wait to try it. I will still use up my Cleanse & Polish, but every now and then.

It will feel like the end of an era though, I've been using C & P for so long now. :-( If Liz had kept in the Almond Milk, I would probably still be using it, but it just feels more drying and sinks into the skin now instead of being more creamy. The more I massage, the more it disappears, which isn't how it used to be with the Almond Milk. I will still be using her other products, I adore the shower gel (but can't afford to keep getting that) and I love the Superbalm, although not so keen on her Superskin.

Well, I've just placed my order for A'kin's Creamy Cleanser. I was going to go elsewhere as it's £10.50 for one on another site, with cheaper p & p, but I wanted to use QVC's 30 day mbg. I'm sure I'll like it though, every single rating is 5 star! Can't wait to try it. I will still use up my Cleanse & Polish, but every now and then.

It will feel like the end of an era though, I've been using C & P for so long now. :-( If Liz had kept in the Almond Milk, I would probably still be using it, but it just feels more drying and sinks into the skin now instead of being more creamy. The more I massage, the more it disappears, which isn't how it used to be with the Almond Milk. I will still be using her other products, I adore the shower gel (but can't afford to keep getting that) and I love the Superbalm, although not so keen on her Superskin.

Yep same for me too. I found the new C&P wouldn't take off my waterproof mascara, whereas the first one did. I changed to the Elemis cleanser also, I'm using one I got with a TSV so when that goes, I'll have to look for another also, as it's too expensive to just buy on it's own.

Will be interested to hear how you get on with the A'kin one.

I also used cleanse and polish but found it wasn`t doing the same for my skin, also the cost was always going up. I have now changed to akamuti orange cream cleanser and remove it with a hot flannel and my skin has never been better. Your face feels really clean. I still use Liz Earle Skin Repair as I found this to be the best moisturiser.

I buy A'kin from salonskincare or mypure.com, much cheaper than Qvc... I use alot of A'kin, its great.

I also used cleanse and polish but found it wasn`t doing the same for my skin, also the cost was always going up. I have now changed to akamuti orange cream cleanser and remove it with a hot flannel and my skin has never been better. Your face feels really clean. I still use Liz Earle Skin Repair as I found this to be the best moisturiser.

That sounds absolutely gorgeous, another one I'll have to have a look at! :happy:

I buy A'kin from salonskincare or mypure.com, much cheaper than Qvc... I use alot of A'kin, its great.

That's what I'll do if I like it when I get it from QVC, I just need to take advantage of the 30 day mbg the first time, although I'm sure I'll love it. I have the rosehip oil and radiance serum too, which are both great.

I used to love c&p but its gone down hill i now sware by the loccitane clensers and toners iv no.idea why qvc dont stock

Latest posts

Back