Liz Earle Sheer Skin Tint

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

She is not exactly bowled over by it is she? I am hoping that those of us who buy regularly from the LE website will get a sample sent to us so we can try without shelling out for a full tube. I have been sent samples before. (not many)

Oh so its £21 for 40mls bet the regular Liz Earle users will complain about the high price.

I'm a bit stunned by the high price tag as the dragons say "I'm out". The products speak for themselves but I must say that the responses posted on the LE FB page by the company are imo patronising and the love affair with the company is starting to end.

Someone asked today when the next TSV is going to be and the posted this usual spiel " Whilst we don’t have a confirmed date, our next TSV will be in the autumn" , To me this is rubbish as Lee Etheridge from Bare Escentuals posted the next TSV date the day after their last TSV , I'm sure that companies get their TSV dates at the start of every new year so they do know the next TSV date but imo LE don't like contents of TSV's being leaked and (from experience) when I've posted up the details they have been deleted as quick as , as did the review link that I posted and was quickly taken down.

Also they aren't a company big on charity as someone who has organised a charity night for Breast Cancer and was looking for donations from companies as raffle prizes (some from QVC) which Keeley , Fiona all donated to but the lady was told by the LE company that they couldn't give a donation to put forward as a prize as they only donate to women's charities (work that one out). Absolute disgrace imo.

Sorry but the make up range looks like its going to be vastly overpriced..

Problem with LE for me (apart from the tedious attitude) is that some things just smell a bit strange. I'm used to natural oils and don't need everything to be perfectly perfumed but I have the wee tube of the golden shimmer and it reeks :-( It would be so nice for cheeks but I can't have that whiff on my skin right next to my nose! So I'm dubious about having LE make-up.

ETA: Eeeep, just read the blog post, so the tinted moisturizer whiffs, too? No thanks, I'll stick to my Laura Gellar for now and in autumn switch to BB cream or try the much touted Laura Mercier.

I like her normal moisturizer, and the Cleans and Polish, but the superskin moisturizer smells really off to me, and I can not use it for that reason. Seems I might also not get on with the sheer skin tint for that reason either

Found this link Itchy. It is more expensive though at £33 http://www.spacenk.co.uk/product/shop+by+brand/laura+mercier/122730144+tinted+moisturiser.do

I read on a few blogs that were at the London LE store stated that LE herself has said that the skin tint should last 3 months.. Hmm I wonder.
Thank you DarJos. Its dear enough - when converted to the dreaded euro it will be nearly €40.00. I might have a look when i am next in town.
PS. Keep up updated re LE skintint on the facebook site. I don't go anywhere near facebook myself, but you are a really good correspondent!

This is from another beauty blogger who has tested the product:

The formula is quite thick and the coverage buildable, enabling you to either have a natural and dewy finish or a more concealed and healthy glow. It's long-lasting, staying put all day without caking or smudging - although I did feel I needed a bit of a top-up and powder after work to get my face looking tip top again. I'm not convinced on the fragrance though, as it doesn't have that usual Liz Earle scent which I love; it smells slightly artificial (ironic seeing as it's a natural product) when you first apply it, although this disappears after it dries. Liz has really thought this all through, as when you buy this online you'll be given three sachets to test the colour you've chosen is correct before you open the bottle. If not, you can return it free of charge in exchange for the shade of your choice. The aim of this is to help reduce landfill and wastage of product - such a great, but simple, idea

This is from another beauty blogger who has tested the product:

The formula is quite thick and the coverage buildable, enabling you to either have a natural and dewy finish or a more concealed and healthy glow. It's long-lasting, staying put all day without caking or smudging - although I did feel I needed a bit of a top-up and powder after work to get my face looking tip top again. I'm not convinced on the fragrance though, as it doesn't have that usual Liz Earle scent which I love; it smells slightly artificial (ironic seeing as it's a natural product) when you first apply it, although this disappears after it dries. Liz has really thought this all through, as when you buy this online you'll be given three sachets to test the colour you've chosen is correct before you open the bottle. If not, you can return it free of charge in exchange for the shade of your choice. The aim of this is to help reduce landfill and wastage of product - such a great, but simple, idea
Sounds more promising. Maybe its because i love the skincare so much, that i am willing myself to like this before I have even tried it! We have to wait 5 flippin weeks for this to officially 'come out'. I am not known for my patience (Gemini, you know!).

But tinted moisturer is that a moisturiser with tint. You do not build up the colour or add powder to set it. The latter is reviewing it as if it were a foundation which it is not.

You watch the Bobbi Brown shows you see Paul doing the tinted moisturer, does he powder etc over it? No. Its meant as a light cover usually in summer instead of full face makeup, older women are advised to wear as no powder to go into the wrinkles the. Sorry this woman sounds like she hasn't got a clue what tinted moisturer is.

http://thelondonlipgloss.blogspot.com/2011/07/first-look-new-launch-of-liz-earle.html

This blogger says it is v good but she has pictured everything on the box apart from the ingredient listing which i would love to see, I do think £21 for 40ml means the liz earle prices are creeping up, they seem to be getting more along the lines of more premium brands with some of their products, i know they are still cost effective compared to the really expensive brand but they aren't cheap, 100ml of c+p is one months worth for those who use moring and night and thats if you use just one pump and its about £13 i think that much money a month for a cleanser is steep.

But tinted moisturer is that a moisturiser with tint. You do not build up the colour or add powder to set it. The latter is reviewing it as if it were a foundation which it is not.

You watch the Bobbi Brown shows you see Paul doing the tinted moisturer, does he powder etc over it? No. Its meant as a light cover usually in summer instead of full face makeup, older women are advised to wear as no powder to go into the wrinkles the. Sorry this woman sounds like she hasn't got a clue what tinted moisturer is.

I agree Donna, posted this really just to show that one of the testers did like it (apart from the smell again!) and the fact that they were going to send out all the colours with your order. I don't know this blogger but I do follow Fleur de Force from the first post and have bought many a product on her recommendation. She is knowledgable and honest and I trust her review to be accurate. It is only an opinion of course and some of us may love it and others hate it - only 5 weeks to go to find out! :smile:

With my cynical hat on, I wonder how much of a passing resemblance it bears to any Avon products :giggle: In defence of Avon I think their MagicX face perfector is excellent.

With my cynical hat on, I wonder how much of a passing resemblance it bears to any Avon products :giggle: In defence of Avon I think their MagicX face perfector is excellent.

LE company posted this reply to someone who posted exactly what you have said and also to me about deleting posts , I don't believe their reply to me though.

"Liz Earle Naturally Active Skincare • Hi Sally and Christine. Many thanks for your posts. For many years our customers have been requesting Liz Earle make up, and for the past three years we've been perfecting our Sheer Skin Tint. Development of our Sheer Skin Tint started around three years ago, prior to Avon acquiring Liz Earle Naturally Active Skincare back in March 2010 - and we continue to operate as an independent, standalone beauty brand, under the leadership of our co-founders, Liz and Kim and our management team on the Isle of Wight. Our Sheer Skin Tint will be our first step into effortless, easy to wear colour. We’re sorry to hear that a link you posted was removed from our wall, we don’t delete customer comments and reviews from our Facebook page so we don’t know why this is not on our wall. Best wishes."

My DD loves a cheapo tinted moisturiser (skin wisdom) she gets from Tesco-has been using it for years and her skin always looks lovely (mind you as a 21 year old it should do!) It's normally £6 but is frequently on offer-I got her a couple of tubes at £3.50 each last month.

Latest posts

Back