liz earle perfume bombed

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What is an 'old lady perfume' and what age group does it refer to exactly. What a bluddy insult to the older generation, you are implying we all wear awful perfume and I can assure you that is not the case.
Whoaa.......I think you have mistaken my post somewhat!!

I have no idea what an old lady perfume is,I was just mentioning what had been said on the reviews!!

My post was intended to be tongue in cheek and I'm sorry it has offended you,never my intention to do that.

I like either oldie perfumes like Joy, 1000 and even original Coco but tbh I do like and wear the products like Clarins Eau Dynamisante more often. Love REN's Rose Maya.

I like either oldie perfumes like Joy, 1000 and even original Coco but tbh I do like and wear the products like Clarins Eau Dynamisante more often. Love REN's Rose Maya.

I have not tried the Clarins one you mentioned. I like Joy by Jean Patou, smells great on me. Also a Chanel No5 and the original Miss Dior fan. I am not keen on a lot of the en vogue celebrity smellies to be honest. I also like a couple of Annick Goutal fragrances. They did one called La Violette (definitely violets!) but it was only made for a limited time and I am out of it now. I used to wear Laura Ashley Emma and No1 as a girl, again gone now. I am getting old, time I faced the fact lol :thinking2:

I really wanted to like this, but tried it in JL on Thursday & I thought it was awful & quite overpowering. I was expecting a lovely fresh, clean smell & it's anything but!:sad:

Whoa, hold on a minute, all this talk is brandishing this fragrance as some sort of cat pee/ lavender/tena sort of conglomeration. Try it, live with it, that's what the 30 day MBG is all about. It's strong to start with but it settles quickly into a pleasant, lighter aroma that sings of classic fragrances. It's different, don't we want that? My OH loves it and I can usually wear Fairy Bluddy Liquid without him noticing. :thinking2: Have an open mind and live with it, you may find it grows on you... :spider:

I won one of the samples and on its first trial, my Bengal kitties reacted like it was cat nip. I have been trying it out while I'm away from home (and Bengal free) and it's definitely worth persevering with. I like woody, musky perfumes (like Estee Lauder's Sensuous) and after the initial verbena lemony smell wears off, I've been left with a lovely light musky perfume which has lasted for hours.
Cats not withstanding, I will be buying a big bottle when my sample runs out.

Whoa, hold on a minute, all this talk is brandishing this fragrance as some sort of cat pee/ lavender/tena sort of conglomeration. Try it, live with it, that's what the 30 day MBG is all about. It's strong to start with but it settles quickly into a pleasant, lighter aroma that sings of classic fragrances. It's different, don't we want that? My OH loves it and I can usually wear Fairy Bluddy Liquid without him noticing. :thinking2: Have an open mind and live with it, you may find it grows on you... :spider:

PMSL! ahhhhhhhh the intoxicating,heady,scent of ammonia,I can't wait to smell this stuff.:)

I'm terrible at buying perfume but my favourites are Chanel No5, Anais Anais Alliage and Caleche which is very hard to find now.
I wish I knew what family of scents I liked best as I thought I was 'green' but I don't think any of those fragrances fall into the same category.
It's confusing isn't it?

I've got the LE perfume on waitlist as I told the kids that's what they were getting me for Christmas (cheek eh!?) but like everyone else, I thought of fresh, IB type scents but now I haven't a clue what to expect.

:spider:
I've got the LE perfume on waitlist as I told the kids that's what they were getting me for Christmas (cheek eh!?) but like everyone else, I thought of fresh, IB type scents but now I haven't a clue what to expect.

It's not, it's definitely a heady, nostalgic fragrance but give it chance, it does settle to a lighter, easier wear fragrance after a short while. It's growing on me, literally as Ally Young would say, give it chance... :spider:

well I cant wait to try it after reading all the posts today,I must admit I have found some of the posts have put me off but I want to try it as you never know do you?? I almost ordered it last week and changed my mind.
I like many different things,l'occitane verbena,jo malone nectarine and honey,eau de lancome,chanel no 5,bulgari and calyx to name a few.I consider myself a fresh,light perfume/fragrance wearer so I will try this next time I go to the trafford centre...hope John Lewis have it there to try.
Thanks everyone for all your thoughts anyway I have read them with interest !!

If you're in your forties Sweetie, it won't be far off in the mean time a base note of Tonka Bean and Patchouli can be a worthwhile distraction... :whistle:

Oh Gawd! is that what i've got to look forward to in my 40's???? ZOIKS!

Thank God i've been fastidious with my pelvic floor exercises.

My personal opinion is that it's very difficult to understand another person's idea of an exact smell because perfumes can be so different when sprayed on one body to the next. It's all down to personal taste at the end of the day and there is no doubt that actual perfumes change throughout the day. Some initial smells can be quite "offensive" maybe but once they've calmed down different tones filter through and it's those which we interpret differently.

I would never go on someone else's likes or dislikes because what suits/appeals to one probably won't to another. I think we all have to try it and decide for ourselves and it's that which makes us interesting and different - pretty boring otherwise don't you think?

Latest posts

Back