Liz Earle - Is it just me?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
.... or does the packaging look a little shabbier than it used to? has the colour of the typeset changed?

i notice the lady herself isnt making an appearance these days. yes i know she had a baby but that WAS months ago. is that it forever?. maybe her involvement will be in name only these days?

i wonder if john lewis will stop stocking her now that she's gone down-market?

She's coming back on air in July apparently - was what Caroline said anyhow.

BUT

I thought the same as you re the packaging - and also...they turned a bottle of the Men's Face and Body Wash round yesterday so that they could show there were instructions on the back (because obviously, men are so incredibly thick they need to be told how to wash their faces *rolls eyes*) and I am SURE, nay POSITIVE, the ingredients have changed on it - ie there was an inclusion of more 'nasties' than in previous years. Don't mean SLS or anything, but seemed there were a few more sneaky chemicals in...

*pops back into my box*

Cleanse and Polish has definitely changed. It used to be thick and great to use but now it's gone all thin and watery and you need to use twice as much to achieve the same effect. I've used it for years but I won't buy it now. I prefer the Elemis one now but I get it at half the price on Ebay shops. I wouldn't pay QVC prices.

i am so over LE now.My eldest son is using the last of my C&P and will only purchase again if he wants me too.

She always had parabens in her range.

Some people have problems with these in products. So cannot blame Avon for the products changing already, Liz Earle started it themselves.

Liz Earle products are the worst I've ever used for my very normal unproblematic skin.
Within days of using the products I was like a teenager again,with horrid pimples !!!
My sister hated it too.

As for Liz,I find her to be just about the most insincere person to grace our screens.

I don't know about the packaging as I haven't bought any LE for a while and won't be as C&P doesn't work for me now unless I mix it with a facial exfoliator! I do still have some in my stockpile but having had enough of my skin not looking so great I have recently tried Tesco's BNatural cream cleanser and it is fab. I am a convert. Try it. x

I too find the C&P very runny now - they have obviously watered it down so they can make twice as much money on it!!! I now use the Boots No7 Hot Cloth Cleanser as this is lovely and thick - just like the LE one used to be and a fraction of the price!

I've always loved C&P since Liz's first day on QVC but have to agree with the general opinion here in that you seem to need more of the product to do a good job.

Could you tell me please - does the Boots No 7 Hot Cloth Cleanser have a strong fragrance only I have rather sensitive eyes to heavily perfumed products?

The cleanse and polish was changed 18 months ago apparently. They took the almond butter out of it. I still find it fine for my skin but I am working through my stockpile and won't be buying anymore. I have found the st ives cleanser to be really good and have bought some half price in tesc's a while ago- will move onto that when my LE is all gone. I still like the skin repair though-it suits me better than any other moisturiser I have tried and I also love the perfume. My son loves the mens body wash, but I have not encouraged that habit lol!

I've been wanting to try the S&G one for ages but when it was on offer in Boots they didn't restock it. Since then I have seen one bottle on the shelf last time I went in but couldn't be bothered to buy it as I was using the Tesco one by then. It's still on my to try list though - maybe when it's on special offer again.

I too still love the Skin Repair (although I use it as a night cream only as it's too heavy for day wear) and still have not found an alternative to the Instant Boost Skin Tonic. If they change the ingredients in these two products I'l switch to Elemis Maximum Moisture but don't know what alternative toner I would use. At the moment I am using a Champneys one which is ok, no astringent feeling with it but it doesn't absorb as quickly as the LE one.

I've always loved C&P since Liz's first day on QVC but have to agree with the general opinion here in that you seem to need more of the product to do a good job.

Could you tell me please - does the Boots No 7 Hot Cloth Cleanser have a strong fragrance only I have rather sensitive eyes to heavily perfumed products?

I don't think it does - but I don't have a strong sense of smell anyway. But at £8.75 for 200ml and if you can get one to try when they have a £5 off voucher offer on it has got to be worth a try - even if it doesnt work and you have to use it for handwash!! I just restocked as they have 3 for 2 on at the moment so for £17 I got 600 ml - this is still cheaper than one tube of LE!

I know quite a lot of ST members have changed to this as there was a long thread on it a while back - which is where I found out about it - so hopefully they can help you.

Do No7 also sell the muslin cloths?

The No7 Hot Coth Cleanser comes with a muslin cloth in each box. Also the Body Shop sells muslin cloths on their own but none are as good as the LE ones in my opinion - you can buy them on ebay.

Will get some new ones from there then, the ones I have are a horrible colour now even thought I hot wash them

I am using Organic Surge wash off cleanser but do this with a muslin cloth, I would prefer a creamy formula so will look out for No7,have tried to get hold of Soap and Glory hot cloth cleanser but it is always sold out

A slight tangent here. I switched to the oil cleansing method a few weeks ago and I've found it very effective. I use it every night and the Elemis chamomile cleanser in the morning, both with muslin cloths that I got from E Bay and they are more coarse than the LE ones. TBH I prefer them as they give me more of a "polish".

Anyway my main point is that I wish QVC would offer an oil-based facial cleanser. Decleor used to sell one but it's been discontinued. I actually discovered this method after a Decleor facial when the therapist gave me some samples of the oil. There are recipes on MSE for mixing your own cleansing oil but I prefer to buy ready-made.

Linda :nod:

Last edited:
A slight tangent here. I switched to the oil cleansing method a few weeks ago and I've found it very effective. I use it every night and the Elemis chamomile cleanser in the morning, both with muslin cloths that I got from E Bay and they are more coarse than the LE ones. TBH I prefer them as they give me more of a "polish".

Anyway my main point is that I wish QVC would offer an oil-based facial cleanser. Decleor used to sell one but it's been discontinued. I actually discovered this method after a Decleor facial when the therapist gave me some samples of the oil. There are recipes on MSE for mixing your own cleansing oil but I prefer to buy ready-made.

Linda :nod:

Have to agree with you there, cleansing oils and balms are fantastic cleansers and leave your skin really clean and soft. I've used used a few over the years (Heaven at Home (balm), EpheMer (balm- remember them?) and Babor (oil - salon brand), Neals Yard Wild Rose (balm). One I've been meaning to try from QVC is the AD Skin Synergy cleansing balm.

Dermalogica do a cleansing oil (Precleanse) and Babor (HY-ÖL®.)

Give cleansing balms a go too as they melt into an oil like texture and are divine to use as well as getting a deep cleanse. Boots Botanics Organics do one and comes with a cloth.

:sun:

Latest posts

Back