Liz Earle Fragrance

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

S

Spooky

Guest Shopper
About a week ago I purchased a bottle of the Liz Earle No 1 Botanical Fragrance, it was £42 over 2 Easy Payments of £21.
Having received it and quite liking it I thought I'd order another for my mum for Mothers Day. Amazed that within a week not only has the EP been removed, it has also gone up in price from £42 to £45! After querying this as it wasn't on an Introductory Price or anything, I was told that Liz's prices have gone up, so its £45 now everywhere - QVC, Liz Earle website and John Lewis to name but 3.

Sorry QVC but you aren't getting another order now, Liz Earle will give a small travel size free gift if ordered through them and cheaper P&P, John Lewis is "free" delivery or collection in person in store. So much for QVC's buying powers!!!! Not even kept the price at £42 just whacked it up the same as everyone else. No incentive at all to shop with them for this.

I had a postcard from Liz Earle direct to advise of the price rises across the board and basically saying buy now to beat the price rises. I'm pretty sure that's not the first time I've received it.

You get freebie travel sizes when you buy in store too and in my local store they have cakes on a Friday. Beat that QVC!

Spooky, I haven't ordered any LE from QVC for years apart from tsvs. Much better value and fast dispatch direct. Also, along with travel size freebies I've always received a free full sized product with my Christmas order - not one of the obscure ones but C/P and Skin Repair.

I like the sound of cakes on a Friday, Tinkerbelle, but I don't live close enough to a store, unfortunately.

I admit I only ordered the first bottle cause I got EP. Had I had a postcard advising of the price increases I would have ordered the 2 together, so bummer all round. It just bugs me where QVC go on about their buying power as they buy by the million lol but then like in this case they are charging to the penny the same price. But ripping you off on P&P and not giving free travel sizes either. I didn't realise John Lewis did the freebies too, may go there. But bet you anything that they will do a TSV soon with the fragrance in if I buy it now, just to really cheese me off.

The fragrance is nice as its all citrussy but got to be honest within no time you cannot smell it but I suppose I may have got used to it so the ole conk might be missing it.

I agree Spooky: with the QVC buying power, you expect to get a little off the standard retail price. I do think you have a point about sods law and a TSV with the fragrance in it coming along just after you've bought another bottle!! So, given that it seems to be the same price everywhere, the best you could do is find a p&p-free option if you could - i.e. get it from a 'real' shop.

Latest posts

Back