Live from the O2 Arena

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm arriving late to the conversation so maybe this has already been highlighted but I thought it odd that the 'running the gauntlet' corridor to the studio with the winners showed a cluttered reception with a guy, at one point, drinking a mug of tea/coffee in jeans and a grubby t-shirt! Not exactly professional looking but none of the winners seemed to notice.

Let's get real about this and what it represents. As Jessie J sings "It's all about the money, money".

The beauty brands on QVC are going to show up in force because QVC can sell in a single day more than all their other outlets can in a year - especially if they get to do a TSV. They don't all have to pull the 100,000 + units which Elemis do for the Christmas TSV to be laughing all the way to the bank, even if QVC squeeze the company's margins til the pips squeak. For a new brand trying to establish itself the airtime on QVC is invaluable. Both Liz Earle and Leighton Denny can attest to that.

QVC will make a big hoo-hah about beauty as it's their biggest, and most profitable, department. Doesn't matter which brand it is, QVC see the £££s rolling in. Especially with the way they have been walking the price-points for the TSVs steadily upwards.

There are very few categories where you wouldn't guess who was going to win it..., perhaps it's about time some of them were voted into a Hall of Fame and excluded from the next year's voting as a result? That would rattle a few cages and kill off some of the smug (Fiona Brackenbury)...

Ali Young looked very nice (a great contrast to the previous day when she was wearing what looked like a pink pyjama top) - hair, makeup and dress. I wonder if anyone saw her trying to walk in the towering silver high heels which were on her feet?

Did anyone else notice the Velcro ripping noise every time Ali did the big winner unveil? I reckon they had a single gold spangly envelope and just kept re-filling it with the next winner.

It's all a little bit of a throwaway love-in for the guests... but it works neither as an awards ceremony or as a selling show. I watched a bit of it, but then found the simpering and gushing too much - the mute button went on when Sarah Jagger opened her mouth to say yet more barely-credible things about the Laura Geller range.

I'm rather surprised that Will Gowing wasn't leading the backstage festivities rather than Craig. He and Ali are usually joined at the hip.

liz earle is a popular brand and quite rightly so. but as a brand on the whole its not as perfect as our liz will have us believe in my opinion. she has eczema so have very sensitive skin but her products are loaded with ingredients that are highly irritating a bit like the constant references to awards for cleanse..... and break out!

Her products aren't bad but I just don't want to line her pockets so I use Avalon Organics which has some marvellous products. I also various products from Holland & Barrett. They do a tea tree soap for example is amazing.

I'm arriving late to the conversation so maybe this has already been highlighted but I thought it odd that the 'running the gauntlet' corridor to the studio with the winners showed a cluttered reception with a guy, at one point, drinking a mug of tea/coffee in jeans and a grubby t-shirt! Not exactly professional looking but none of the winners seemed to notice.

Fantastic! I wish I'd watched the show now, LOL. I remember last year they walked down a truly manky corridor through what looked like the mail room with a battered trolley loaded with post. I mean if you are staging a pretend Oscars, why the heck would you allow scenes like that in the broadcast. They just don't think things through do they?

I'd love to see the bit were Alison Young was crying, the daft bugger. I hope someone can post a link. AY herself must've been mortally embarrassed to get QVC to pull it. :mysmilie_17:

I watched 2 mins where AY was waiting for the nod, arms suspended, to pull out the Gatineau winner. Remote quick .........

The whol show was nauseating lol .....and that comment made to Craig ....talk about awkward ....worse than the academy awards and Oscars ....Hard work to watch it lol :mysmilie_1:

The whol show was nauseating lol .....and that comment made to Craig ....talk about awkward ....worse than the academy awards and Oscars ....Hard work to watch it lol :mysmilie_1:

Oooh what was the comment? I must have missed that bit!

Oooh what was the comment? I must have missed that bit!

It's been referenced earlier in this thread, I think. Salacious comment about him and James Read making a lovely couple, I think. Alternatively a salacioius comment by James Read (who appears to be unable to speak or even look without innuendo when on QVC - he was flirting with the camera every time it pointed his way).

He commented to Craig how tight his suit was in a certain area.

Oh no! How dreadful! Very funny though. Whatever made anyone think that would be an appropriate thing to say? Imagine if Charlie Brook commented on the size of a woman's breasts? Would that be treated lightly? I don't think so!

Oh no! How dreadful! Very funny though. Whatever made anyone think that would be an appropriate thing to say? Imagine if Charlie Brook commented on the size of a woman's breasts? Would that be treated lightly? I don't think so!

He's fond of a racy anecdote, and a saucy comment, is James. He got cut off in his prime, so to speak, when doing a spot on the breakfast show one time and relating an anecdote related to nude spray tanning. In this case, however po-faced QVC are being, my sympathies lie with them. James should realise that a funny story told person-to-person isn't the same as what you are telling while Margaret from Bournemouth is eating her cornflakes at 9am on a weekday morning.

Some male guests like to have a bit of flirtatious fun with the male presenters (remember John Barrowman with Dale?) but there is a limit.

He's fond of a racy anecdote, and a saucy comment, is James. He got cut off in his prime, so to speak, when doing a spot on the breakfast show one time and relating an anecdote related to nude spray tanning. In this case, however po-faced QVC are being, my sympathies lie with them. James should realise that a funny story told person-to-person isn't the same as what you are telling while Margaret from Bournemouth is eating her cornflakes at 9am on a weekday morning.

Some male guests like to have a bit of flirtatious fun with the male presenters (remember John Barrowman with Dale?) but there is a limit.

Yes it is funny though. I think a lot of the guests and presenters on QVC are gay - probably a higher percentage than in society generally. It's funny how the whole ceremony was supposed to be all glamorous and classy, yet turned out exactly the opposite.

Latest posts

Back