Links of London

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Flamenco

Registered Shopper
I see there's a show tonight at 7pm with what seems to be dedicated Team GB jewellery. Have to say I used my easy pay code to buy the Union Jack heart pendant

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.604717/walk.yah.UKJE

I was very tempted by the heart stud earrings too but resisted

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.604736/walk.yah.UKJE

Both items are probably horribly overpriced but I do like Links of London and the quality is very good.

Anyone else interested in the range?

BTW this is the first time I've bought anything for a couple of months. Not watched for ages but I still get QVC email newsletters and probably got the easy pay code this time to entice me back.

Having the official supplier to the 2012 Olympic Games on QVC is a nice idea but, as I do not have much faith in the british team, I won't be making a purchase. One problem - and Andy Murray is a prime example of this - is that US athletes are so much more dedicated and proud to represent their country, and not just achieve glory for themselves.

Flamenco, the necklace looks lovely. I'm going to record the show with a view to buying a bracelet, possibly not from their 2012 range, but just to see the quality.
I hope you like your purchase when it arrives :nod:

Flamenco, the necklace looks lovely. I'm going to record the show with a view to buying a bracelet, possibly not from their 2012 range, but just to see the quality.
I hope you like your purchase when it arrives :nod:

Thanks! I thought the necklace would be a timeless classic and didn't look too much like Olympic/Team GB memorabilia. Will update when I receive it. I relented in the end and bought the stud heart earrings. I did notice that neither had sold out though, which I had expected them to do.

I like the understated elegance of the range that was presented on the show. Hubby wanted the friendship bracelet (thought it looked guy like enough for him to wear, we'll see) so I ordered that for him. But for myself I like the Union Jack heart woven bracelet but have not ordered that. It would match the pendant. The Union Jack heart stud earrings look good too ... all the items look stylish without shouting "souvenir". Hope that they look as good in person as they do on TV.

I am very much in awe of our British athletes and Olympians. They dedicate their lives to their sport and I really think they are proud to be British. They work well as a team and often do better in team activities like the relays than they do as individuals. I for one will be screaming my head off for our boys and girls at the Olympics. They don't have the financial or structural support that the Yanks have and yet they still compete.

Lovely pendant. It's very patriotic but in a very discreet and chic way. Hope it's fab in real life.

I will be screaming for our lot with the best of them. But won't be paying for souvenirs.

I bought the friendship bracelet a few weeks ago at the Links outlet shop in Cheshire Oaks, it was the same price as QVC are selling it for its very nice. I am tempted by the union jack bracelet and it's on easy pays

Be interested to know where the jewellery is made, their website gives nothing away. Memorabilia is not really my thing but I would want it to be made in the United Kingdom, would lose some of it's meaning for me if not.

Erm ... despite the name Links of London is owned by Follie Folie ... spelling could be wonky! ... which is a Greek company so goodness alone knows where the pieces are made.

I received both the earrings and the pendant necklace today and was very disappointed with both so have returned them immediately and asked QVC to refund my original p&p under the DSRs. The stud earrings were minuscule and I wasn't impressed with the union jack style print on them. For around £55 I was expecting something better. The necklace and pendant were awful - the chain and the pendant were a really bright sterling silver - the type that makes jewellery look cheap and nasty (except this was not so cheap at around £111 with postage). The chain was flimsy and the pendant was actually 3D in shape and just didn't sit nicely on the neckline. I am really disappointed as the quality was just not there, which is unusual for Links of London. They've probably had to pay the IOC so much money to be a sponsor of the Games that they've cut corners with the quality of the jewellery they're making to mark the event. Or they are simply trying to maximise profits by producing tat LoL think people will just buy as memorabilia. I would not buy anymore from the London 2012 range. Looks cheap and nasty - in fact the necklace looks like silver-tone and something you'd find on a jewellery stand in Tesco's womenswear department - for £6 not £106.

Latest posts

Back