Links of London TSV 22/04/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have often wondered, and your post has reminded me, what on earth is so special about this Links of London? I've seen one or two of the shows, for what to me is very very overpriced stuff, and I certainly wouldn't buy it, so won't be watching any more of the shows, which I only did out of curiosity, but what am I missing, I just don't get all the hype about this stuff.

I dislike silver which may be one reason, but I could certainly never justify the prices they quote, and I don't find the items all that appealing to be honest.

I have often wondered, and your post has reminded me, what on earth is so special about this Links of London? I've seen one or two of the shows, for what to me is very very overpriced stuff, and I certainly wouldn't buy it, so won't be watching any more of the shows, which I only did out of curiosity, but what am I missing, I just don't get all the hype about this stuff.

I dislike silver which may be one reason, but I could certainly never justify the prices they quote, and I don't find the items all that appealing to be honest.

I feel the same way, however last christmas my son bought me a links of london friendship style bracelet (in yellow gold colour - although i must admit I am getting into silver a lot lately) and its really pretty, its a little on the snug size and i only have a small wrist (about 6.5inches)... IMO they're overpriced but nicely made, if they were more affordable i think they'd appeal to a wider audience, but I don't suppose thats what they want is it...

I like silver but think this range is very overpriced & to be honest a bit boring. I think they play on their name & a certain reputation.
I live in a fairly touristy area which has a number of jewellery shops & they have quite a bit of silver in much more exciting & unusual styles than Links. Most have semi precious stones in the designs. The prices are much better too.
So no, I don't see the appeal of Links at all.

That two interlocked ring necklace from a tsv a while back (rings the same size and one of they gold-plated) was lovely and the tsv price was good - links got that one just right and it was massively popular. But the matching bracelet was less so because of the weight of the rings making them swing round underneath - the other bracelet option that would have matched and addressed this problem had smaller sets of the interlinking rings distributed along the length of the bracelet, but unfortunately that option - very annoyingly - cost around £100. Most of the time I find links too expensive, but I always have a look at their stuff, in the hope that one day, they'll 'get it right' again lol!

I think you're so right, Breeze: there can be some lovely silver jewellery in shops and at craft fairs sometimes too - well worth a look!

I love Links of London and have a few pieces. Silver is probably my second favourite metal behind rose gold. But I only have two pieces bought from QVC. One was an absolute bargain. They had two different length necklaces at the same price so I got the 60cm for the price of the 45cm. The other was the last TSV, the Rose gold station necklace.

I do agree that you can find alternatives but often pieces in craft fayres have unusual settings or what I call twiddly bits. I much prefer simple, clean designs. Anything too fancy just isn't me. I also like delicate pieces. A common criticism of LOL is that its too fine or even flimsy. But I wear the Hope bracelet and have done every day for weeks. I never take it off. Its very well made and stands up to everyday wear and tear which fine jewellery often doesn't.

But like every other range I certainly don't love everything. And LOL tend to release pieces early to LaQ but I'm not aware of anything that is "only sold at QVC".

And their customer service is outstanding. I had a necklace with a broken link which they replaced even though I couldn't find the receipt. I thought I would just have to bite the bullet and pay for a repair but every sale is logged on their system so not having a receipt is not an issue. Also you can often get a 10% discount in store if you just ask.

Links of London Tapestry Heart 45cm Necklace Sterling Silver
Item Number: 664934
Silver QVC Price £72.00 Todays Special Value Price £59.96
Rose Gold Plated QVC Price £85.00 Todays Special Value Price £69.96
Yellow Gold Plated QVC Price £85.00 Todays Special Value Price £69.96
P&P £4.95

This beautiful sterling silver necklace from Links of London's Tapestry range comprises an openwork, heart-shaped pendant, a simple polished bail and a fine rolo chain. Whether you're tempted to enjoy the pendant and bail in their purest silver or elect to give them an 18 carat gold finish, this beautiful design is an easy, elegant choice that's simple enough to be worn every day.

Wear it your way - the necklace can be worn at a number of lengths from 39cm to 45cm so you can match to different necklines and styles, and choose what is most comfortable for you.

Created for QVC - this necklace is launching first in the UK with QVC and won't be officially available anywhere else until April 2017.

The complete Links of London experience - your necklace will come supplied with a Links of London pouch, box and presentation bag, so it'll feel just as special as if you'd picked it up in a store - with all the convenience of delivery to your door.

Sterling silver with optional gold vermeil
Links of London tag on the clasp
Lobster claw clasp
Length: 45cm (18")

Colour options:

Sterling Silver
18ct Rose Gold Vermeil
18ct Yellow Gold Vermeil

The price above will initially display the lowest and highest priced options. The price for your choice will be shown once you select your preferred option.

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.664934

It is really lovely, and I would love to get it but... end of a 5 week month for me so every penny is a prisoner. Maybe if it was on easy pay, but think I will need to resist. If only it was a week later!!

i wish someone would tell me what I'm missing - this Links stuff imo is so over priced - is that because it was first made famous by some celeb in London - I just don't get all the rave about it -never have, so won't purchase at such inflated prices generally, if it was being given away in a lucky bag that's different, but it's not, so the hype escapes me.

The difference in various items on the range is unbelievable.

I have the sweetie bracelet, it is extremely substantial (not purchased from Q got it and a charm for £120)

I have one of the earlier TSV bracelet and it is probably near its money.

I have another bracelet which is far too light for the money.

The last thing which was bought for me is the heart from the masquerade range. It is far too small for my tastes.

They do a plain bangle with a large heart charm which is substantial. I would buy this but it is a little big for me.

I wouldn't even look at the dainty stuff as its not for me.

Have a really good look in a LoL shop because there is a big difference between styles.

There is an official eBay shop which I have used several times, sometimes very good deals. Or keep an eye out for sales.

The one place not to buy is Q

I can't see anything in LoL either, even though silver is my favourite metal. Don't like hearts either, so this one's never going to appeal to me. And what's with the yellow and rose gold hearts coming on a silver chain? Looks as though you couldn't afford a chain that matches the pendant.

I prefer Hot Diamonds. Their stuff is really well made, they have an outlet tab on their website where you can pickup a good deal, plus you get loyalty points and if you put BASKET10 in the code box at checkout you get another 10% discount, plus its free delivery. I`ve had some lovely stuff from their sales.

To me they looked like something you might get out of an expensive Christmas cracker, and does it really cost £10.00 to cover something in either yellow or rose gold?
There was no mention of the silver weight either which makes me think that it must be low and there for thin and flimsy
Also why are ALL of the choices on silver chains it just looks wrong to me. Do we think they felt they would have had to add another £5.00 to plate the chain as well?

Latest posts

Back