Leighton Denny TSV 3/2/11

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sazza

Staff member
There is a Leighton Denny TSV on Thursday 3rd February. :happy:

I hope we get some nice bright colours in it. The last TSV was too pale for me. I really do not need any more nail products but I'm afraid it's more WANT than need. :mysmilie_500:

I don't have high hopes (CC says thank gawd for that lol) - I remember hearing Leighton say that EVERY set has to have a nude in it, and I hate them! I only really buy colours, so any accessories/treatments are of no interest either.
The only downer is it's damn hard to find a Leighton colour you love anywhere for less than full price, even eBay is impossible.

Excellent, am very intrigued as to what it will be as I am sure I remember him mentioning it would be something completely different (not nail/hand related).. or was I dreaming?!

You may be on to something Mibbette - Leighton did mention on the 19th December(his last show) that he was also a fully trained beauty/Aroma therapist and we should look out for something different? next year(2011) - personally i will be disappointed if its not a hand/foot nail TSV. Like Belle has mentioned a crystal file in the TSV would be good - i've used other crystal/glass files but Leighton's is much better and has greatly improved the strength of my nails?-how it does that i dont know.

On his facebook page he's said that Miracle Drops Speed Dry Oil will be in the TSV and 2 colours from the Spring/Summer collection. He can't say which ones yet as the range hasn't had it's press launch but it's based on ice-cream colours. No other hints at the mo.

ice cream colours?

Meh! Sounds like tippex based pastels...not really me :smirk:

Jude xx

I dont like the sound of "ice cream colours" they sound as if they will be too light for me - Nails inc have a few "pastel" collections on the QVC website at the mo - 223208 Catwalk coutour and 221 453 Four piece sorbet collection as well as a demin collection which is also light/pastel so this may be a up to date trend? - not for me though although i remember Leighton saying that orange(i love juicy) was continuing to be a spring/summer trend and thats a strong orange? I would like to see a storage box for mini/sweet petite bottles in any of the nail brands TSV's - i love my OPI black manicure storage boxes for my full size bottles but would love to organise my minis. I've mentioned before how much i'm loving the LD sweet petite bottles - good size brush and bottle has a good size opening(no jokes guys and gals!!:cheeky:), i'm also loving the new Nails inc mini bottles(we got four in the Chrissie TSV) again same good size brush and opening - unfortunately the OPI minis are useless, i received a discovery collection(because i liked the colours) and wasted my money as the bottles/brushes are too small to use,i've tried the OPI girls advice re loading the brush but still cant use them and get a good effect:heartbroke:.

Sounds a bit same old same old to me, would like to try the miracle drops though but the ice cream colours do nothing for me, tried the Nails Inc colours and they just dont look right on very pale skin, maybe ok with a tan but they just look a bit too pastely!

I'm getting to the stage of over kill with polishes now, so many look the same and I wonder whats the point of having 5 reds etc in slightly differing shades. I'm on a no go TSV drive this year so unless its something really special my money will be safe. :wonder:

Don't like ice cream colours myself, I think they are more for the very young...teenagers, etc, would much prefer a glamorous full size set of 5 polishes in deep darks or brights..... or a choice of both even....

Personally I would go for rich dark colours every time however I can not wear dark colours for work o invariably end up with lighter pastels mainly sheer.
So from a value for money perspective a light set makes more sense for me however forgetting practical aspects I would always go for darks.
Miracle drops are fantastic though I swear by it one drop and your polish is touch dry. They are a must have in my manicure kit along with LD crystal nail fime. I would love to try some of his treatments so a TSV with them would be very tempting, not sure about ice cream colours and miracle drops I have just opened a new bottle and it lasts ages

Summer 2011 nails are...
pastels! brights! (this applies to clothes also)

Here are the colour guides to be seen in this summer...(not Denny)
these are called - "wink" "nudge" "Caress" "Blow" .. christened by a man maybe?:grin:
Illamasqua-Pastel-Nails-Wink-Nudge-Caress-Blow.jpg

and..
image_resize.php
"Jo Mina"

image_resize.php
"Poke"

image_resize.php
"strike"

I doing the shoes match nails thing....
so its my favourite
0AA3D338.jpg

with
red toenails. but might be bold and apply gloss yellow :taphead:

Have heard great things about the Ilamasqua polishes on the grapvine. Wish the TSV was a storage case for my gazillion bottles of LD :blush:

Leighton Denny TSV 3rd Feb

sorry if anyone has already mentioned this, I am still somewhat new and have not managed to find out how to do a successful search for previous threads.

There is another Leighton Denny TSV on Feb 3rd. I have not even managed to use all the colours from his previous TSV :blush:

I'm looking forward to this TSV(as usual!!) - Sazza has already started a thread last week,not to worry she'll be able to put the two threads together when she's next on the forum. Welcome and i hope you enjoy your time on ST.com.

ups sorry, and thank you Sazza for amalgamating.

Hmm, I also do not like the too insipid colours, preferr to either have really strong colours or very sheer for french manicure look
Well, I wait, but would love one of the crystal files in a TSV. Has anyone used them? And what do you think? Worth the money?

Latest posts

Back