Leighton Denny TSV 26/6/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ring qcut on 0800 52 42 32 and quote item number 205455 and you can buy it that way right now :) :mysmilie_8:

OK I'll wait. I'm new to Leighton Denny so need more information before purchasing anyway. I'm currently recovering from a poor nail phase. Possibly brought on from a prolonged stressful situation but possibly from wearing and removing polish too often. Tried perfect formula which didn't help it actually got worse in the end I left them naked and they seemed to be pulling through now. I have been using Gatineau's hand treatment from time to time though and I read a review which was gushing that it had transformed their poor nails so perhaps that has helped me too.

Would any of you recommend LD for me. I'm nervous of polish but would like to be able to wear it at least some of the time?

I've tried the other brands and my nails hate them but love Leighton Denny. I have temperamental skin and nails which can change at the drop of a pin. I would definitely recommend LD. As far as your nails go, it depends which problem is the worst as to which you need. If your nails have no give in them, flake and snap you would go for the Hydra-Flex option or if they are weak and bendy you would need the Bio-Build option. There are 2 other treatments not covered by this TSV, if you have stained yellow nails then you would need Brilliance or if you have combination nails, then you would need Renovate. In the autumn I can use Renovate, but the rest of the year my nails are too hard so I use the Hydra-Flex. I don't find the colours chip and have such a wow finish. I have over 100 colours some are 5-6 years old and if they go a bit thick you can get LD's As Good As New a few drops shake and off they go again. But if you're really unsure then the 1 product I would highly, highly, highly recommend is the crystal nail file. It seals the edge of the nails and is usable on any type of nails.

Hope that helps.

Anyone else buying? I'm not very excited about the colours; the 2 creme colours are okay but the metallic purple and the pale nude one aren't calling to me but DD might wear them.

i dont like these colours at all. i am still loving the last opi tsv apart from the navy colour

I will never purchase leighton denny again, ordered it once and thought his colours were poor quality - quite thin and watery.
I used to have the worst nails imaginable, i bit them and they were shorts, flaky and just yuck! Then i saw OPI on Q and ordered the nail envy, its been 8 years and I now have nails that are so good people think they're fake!! OPI colours are also very good quality, so i will stick to my OPI. I'm not even going to watch a LD show today, no doubt it will just be him bragging about his recent OBE :mysmilie_490:

Why shouldn't he brag about his MBE. It is an achievement. I know some of the MBEs are awarded to people who don't appear to have merited them but Leighton Denny has created an award winning brand and created UK jobs.

I've ordered it in the Hydra-Flex as my nails snap very easily. I really like Leighton Denny products, the colours are great & last better than any for me. I find OPI useless, doesn't last even a day without chipping & Nail Envy turns my nails yellow without providing any noticeable strengthening benefits & I did persevere with it for years, believing all the hype.

Why shouldn't he brag about his MBE. It is an achievement. I know some of the MBEs are awarded to people who don't appear to have merited them but Leighton Denny has created an award winning brand and created UK jobs.

IMO the only people who should get such awards are those who actually make a difference, LD creating overpriced avon quality products isn't really an achievement. the young boy who won for all his charity work, thats worthy of bragging, but sadly he won't get the chance... too many "celebrities" get these awards for no reason at all... its become a joke. sorry i have strong feelings on this :mysmilie_50:

Here is something that has been bugging me for ages,

OPI, Nails Inc, Leighton Denny. Probably the 3 best known brands possibly?

Why such a difference in sizes for full size products?

Nails Inc - 10ml per bottle
L Denny - 12ml per bottle
OPI - 15ml per bottle.

They all say they have an RRP of around £11 - £13 per bottle, so it seems to me that OPI are a hell of a lot better value than the others.
Can't understand why no-one ever mentions it?
(Not that it matters to me, I don't wear nail lacquer).

IMO the only people who should get such awards are those who actually make a difference, LD creating overpriced avon quality products isn't really an achievement. the young boy who won for all his charity work, thats worthy of bragging, but sadly he won't get the chance... too many "celebrities" get these awards for no reason at all... its become a joke. sorry i have strong feelings on this :mysmilie_50:

I agree CMQ.
When the rumours were flying around last year that David Beckham was going to be knighted, I will admit to feeling very smug when he didn't get it. (Although he probably will at some point in the future unfortunately).

I agree CMQ.
When the rumours were flying around last year that David Beckham was going to be knighted, I will admit to feeling very smug when he didn't get it. (Although he probably will at some point in the future unfortunately).

Oh I'm sure at some point he will, just a matter of time.

I also agree with your previous comment too about the size of them, its odd how no-one mentions that, one thing I've noticed too is that LD copies OPI and Nails Inc, nails inc have that little pot you can plunge your finger into and remove the lacquer, now he has one. OPI recently started selling a little plastic holder for their bottles so you could prevent spills etc... he has a similar one in his TSV today - he's not very innovative if he needs to look at the other Q brands for inspiration.

I've decided not to buy. Not wowed by the colours and won't use the top coat as committed to Seche Vite. The only thing I would definitely use is the Remove and Go which I highly recommend so my money is safe and I also have the OPI set on AD .

As for which is best I think it depends on your nail type but for me the best is always OPI with the odd exception such as the LD crystal file which is fab and better than the OPI one imho

Last edited:
Here is something that has been bugging me for ages,

OPI, Nails Inc, Leighton Denny. Probably the 3 best known brands possibly?

Why such a difference in sizes for full size products?

Nails Inc - 10ml per bottle
L Denny - 12ml per bottle
OPI - 15ml per bottle.

They all say they have an RRP of around £11 - £13 per bottle, so it seems to me that OPI are a hell of a lot better value than the others.
Can't understand why no-one ever mentions it?
(Not that it matters to me, I don't wear nail lacquer).

I have never ever completely finished a bottle of nail polish, even a small sized one. Does anyone else?

I have never ever completely finished a bottle of nail polish, even a small sized one. Does anyone else?
No, though I've had several bottles of OPI go solid when only half used.

I think LD had the little plastic holders first. I have some sets from last year in which the bottles came held in a row in the little black holders within the cosmetic bags.

I agree CMQ. When the rumours were flying around last year that David Beckham was going to be knighted, I will admit to feeling very smug when he didn't get it. (Although he probably will at some point in the future unfortunately).

I hope he is recognised at some time in the future, because David and Victoria Beckham are people who use their fame and their wealth to help others, personally giving millions of pounds to various charities and, importantly, giving their time. They are particularly involved in children's issues and charities, and much of their activities are conducted with no publicity at all. With Andy Murray, David is also a founding member and Leadership Council Member of Malaria No More, and gives a lot of time and resources to the Elton John Aids Foundation, Help for Heroes and the NSPCC to name just three. He has been made a member of the NSPCC's Hall of Fame for the work he's done with them.

The following was posted to a group I belong to:
"When they lived in the Manchester area they used to drop into the local childrens cancer hospital without press and cameras around just to visit the children and spend time with them. They didn't seek publicity they just sat and chatted and the smiles on the childrens faces, well, what can I say! The Beckhams kept in touch with the children they met sending messages and cards to many - they didn't have to do that, but they did. Sadly not all the children they met made it and floral tributes and sympathy cards arrived with messages to the parents. You can only imagine what that meant to them. I know all this because my friends son was one of those children. They are good people with good hearts. They do a lot more than is ever known."

No, though I've had several bottles of OPI go solid when only half used.

I think LD had the little plastic holders first. I have some sets from last year in which the bottles came held in a row in the little black holders within the cosmetic bags.

I would say the bottle holders have been included with LD sets for at least two years actually. The LD ones are more practical, I think, whereas the OPI ones make nicer displays.

If anyone is interested Leighton has a sale on his own site, not a massive selection but half price.

Can't see it! Is there a code you need to input?

Was undecided about the TSV, so ordered the weak nails one after it went to Waitlist, so might get it, might not. When I met Leighton he said I should use his Bio Build treatments, so am keen to try them, and I liked 3 out of the 4 nail colours.

Latest posts

Back