Leighton Denny manages to fake some humility...I think.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

B

BenFongTorres

Guest Shopper
He was on briefly in the wee hours this morning, I'm not sure if this was his first appearance since "Leighton-Gate", however, I was pleased to only hear one mention of Butterfly Wings thank feck :up:and not once did I have to hear the names Jade Jagger or Geri Halliwell, whoop-dee-doo!!:clapping:
Also,no sight of the 9 trillion awards he's won, cluttering up the table, or mention of the fact that he is "banned"from entering competetions because he wins everything.

He's on again at 4pm, so we shall have to see if this more subdued Leighton is a one-off, would be a shame if it were,coz this one is a lot more bearable.I actually managed to listen to his whole pitch, which I haven't been able to do for about 3 years.:movie:

Just saw him on the repeat this morning and thought the same. We can live in hope....

What have I missed? What was Leighton-Gate?

It all kicked off a few weeks ago when the general feeling was that LD was being a little 'over boastful' and was turning into a bit of a bighead. Think there was talk of it going off on Facebook as well. We had a 'one time poster' come on sticking up for LD and saying, we were all wrong in what was, if memory serves, a rather derogatory fashion.

It all kicked off a few weeks ago when the general feeling was that LD was being a little 'over boastful' and was turning into a bit of a bighead. Think there was talk of it going off on Facebook as well. We had a 'one time poster' come on sticking up for LD and saying, we were all wrong in what was, if memory serves, a rather derogatory fashion.

Oh it was great, you must look it up!! Anyone remember what the thread was called? Basically LD came on and told us we were all jealous!!! :mysmilie_486:

Oh it was great, you must look it up!! Anyone remember what the thread was called? Basically LD came on and told us we were all jealous!!! :mysmilie_486:

oh my oh my! link to the thread anyone ....... please????

(this same thing happened to me once a few years ago.... suspected visit by someone from the simon wilson empire)

i nearly split my sides laughing when alison young said that leighton is very humble. he turned bright red.

the hand model dressed a bit less flamboyant which made for better viewing.

quite peasing to see lieghton in a new reformed light.

i wonder if it will last. liked the look of some of the kits with the reduced p&p.

hi leighton!

Looks like the LD is modest line is catching. Charlie Brooks has just said it to. Didn,t stop them extolling all his prizes and reviews lol.

CB also said it must be fun being a girl!

I'm sure he dresses up in Kim & Co behind the scenes: "Look, it skims!!" :smirk:

I can see him draping himself in a Basso faux fur and doing a Joan Crawford round the set.

As for LD: she does so love name dropping her celebrity clients (I mean "mates", of course!) all over her Twitter.

I love to see any queen pull herself up by her jockstrap and have fab hags to hang out with, but let's keep things in proportion dear.

Wait until the Next Big Thing in nails comes along and then we'll see how many of LD's "mates" stick around. :smirk:

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I did hear mention of Butterfly wings about 6 times, but at least it was in context.

And at least LD did trot out a new new celeb to talk about, that being Patsy Kensit, difference being about this presentation is that he is quick to move on and not harp on about them incessantly.

This was the only tweak he needed, no harm in "bigging oneself" up occasionally, but Leighton's presentations were becoming nauseating and unwatchable, Leighton, mark 2, with the faux humility is much more palatable.

Unfortunately, I did hear mention of Butterfly wings about 6 times, but at least it was in context.

And at least LD did trot out a new new celeb to talk about, that being Patsy Kensit, difference being about this presentation is that he is quick to move on and not harp on about them incessantly.

This was the only tweak he needed, no harm in "bigging oneself" up occasionally, but Leighton's presentations were becoming nauseating and unwatchable, Leighton, mark 2, with the faux humility is much more palatable.

Yes he did move CB on to talk about what was in the "iconic white gift box."

I heard CB saying' it must be fun to be a girl' I wonder does he know how silly he sounds ?. I know it's been said before he's getting 'intouch' with his metrosexual side but it just makes me feel queasy!!! and that it just not right somehow coming from him!!!!!

I heard CB saying' it must be fun to be a girl' I wonder does he know how silly he sounds ?. I know it's been said before he's getting 'intouch' with his metrosexual side but it just makes me feel queasy!!! and that it just not right somehow coming from him!!!!!

Poor chap, he's come down to earth now, he's just done the hoover hour. Oh, the ultimate female gadget. Maybe he was ok with this then.

Latest posts

Back