Leighton Denny crystal file ... any good?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tinkerbelle

Registered Shopper
I have pretty good nails that grow like the clappers and I usually let them grow to absolute talons and then use nail clippers to cut them down again. To keep them I'm check I'd need to file them a couple of times a week and I just don't.

Is the LD file any good for seriously reducing the length of nails? Ordinary emery boards are ready for the bin half way through.

I've just trimmed them back this morning to about half a centimetre so we really are talking talons here.

It's a fantastic file. I keep my nails quite short but the file is very effective and gentle too. You can decide how much pressure you want to use. Would never go back to emery boards now. After a while the crystal file can become a bit dust-bound but a rinse under the tap restores it.

Fantastic file. It has stopped my nails constantly splitting & breaking & I brought both my daughters one each last Christmas & they love theirs as well. Emery boards are useless. Easy to clean, just rinse under the tap.

They are fantastic. Best nail files ever. I have used the OPI and nails inc ones but they are not a patch on the LD ones.

Hubby bought me some for xmas a couple of years ago and got the set in the white pouch and a free metal case to keep the small one in for your handbag directly from LD website.

I think it's brill too. I used to have trouble with peely nails and they're fine now. Certainly wouldn't go back to emery boards. I clean mine either under the tap or in the dishwasher.

I think it's brill too. I used to have trouble with peely nails and they're fine now. Certainly wouldn't go back to emery boards. I clean mine either under the tap or in the dishwasher.

Dishwasher :eek: Thats very brave. I would be afraid it would shatter.

Brilliant File! love mine and am planning to get my sis one for crimbo, so here's hoping they do a TSV nearer the time with a nail file included, (i got mine in a kit too)
Would highly recommend, but am having trouble with smudging my varnish, i use the drop thingys but still always seem to do at least one nail in with my inability to sit absolutely still for ages while it dries, so, any suggestions for a super quick dry, haven't tried any other quick dry stuff so any tips would be fab.

I have tried all the quick dry drops and sprays - all are rubbish IMHO. The best thing is the Seche Vite top coat - which you can paint on whilst the varnish is still wet and it will dry the whole lot touch dry in a couple of minutes. Also the finish is great and my finger nail polish will last for a week and my toes last so long I get bored and take them off because I want a change of colour before they are chipped.

I think it's excellent. I've got the smaller one in the metal case. Just rinse it under the tap if it becomes a bit "dusty". My nails peel like mad and it does seem to help. I didn't get it off QVC though, I bought mine from Amazon - lot cheaper!

I just have the small one but its great, although not much different than the OPI. Shop around - I bought mine from Amazon for a few pound cheaper!

I don't like you any more Tinks, I have terrible nails! But the Leighton Denny file is brill, I keep mine in my bag at all times for emergencies, and while I don't think using it has improved my nails as such, I certainly wouldn't go back to an emery board now.

lol @ Carol

I will let you know when I next break one ... which I do more often than I'd like!

Thanks for all the positive comments. I'll get one!

Same here BusyMum...great file but same cr*p nails!

I know where to come to cry on a shoulder then! Every time I mention nails something happens to mine - not long after that last post I scratched my temple and it didn't feel right..looked at my fingernail, 7/8ths of the free edge waving in the air 1/8th still attached - it's a good job I'm a lady or I'd have said oh bugger it..or worse..!!

I bought mine from boots which would save you postage costs, I got the small one as I like the tin to keep it in

I have tried all the quick dry drops and sprays - all are rubbish IMHO. The best thing is the Seche Vite top coat - which you can paint on whilst the varnish is still wet and it will dry the whole lot touch dry in a couple of minutes. Also the finish is great and my finger nail polish will last for a week and my toes last so long I get bored and take them off because I want a change of colour before they are chipped.
I find the nails Inc caviar top coat dries really quickly

Last edited:
Brilliant File! love mine and am planning to get my sis one for crimbo, so here's hoping they do a TSV nearer the time with a nail file included, (i got mine in a kit too)
Would highly recommend, but am having trouble with smudging my varnish, i use the drop thingys but still always seem to do at least one nail in with my inability to sit absolutely still for ages while it dries, so, any suggestions for a super quick dry, haven't tried any other quick dry stuff so any tips would be fab.
I find the nails inc caviar top coat dries very quickly

I find the nails inc caviar top coat dries very quickly

Same here - it's all I've tried, and it's all I've ever needed to try, because it does the job perfectly - it dries so fast that by the time I've applied it to all 10 nails and put my polishes back in my polish drawer, it's dry and set for the day. I would definitely recommend it.

Latest posts

Back