Leighton Denny - animal testing?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
Does anyone know if Leighton Denny's nail products are tested on animals, or contain animal ingredients?

They probably haven't been directly tested on animals, but no doubt the ingredients have been tested on animals several generations back. I doubt they contain any actual animal ingredients, just scarily chemical ones! (Truly natural cosmetics companies never make nail polishes, they're just too toxic.)

I don't know the answer - but when I stop to think, if someone gave me a pot of gloss paint to put on my nails, I wouldn't touch it - but nail polish can't be much different!

I'm an advocate of no nail polish these days- i don't even like the natural water based ones - soooo hard to remove and this from somone who wore nail polish everday for over 10 years. I use nail oil only now - have lovely health nails and save loads of money :D:D

I'm an advocate of no nail polish these days- i don't even like the natural water based ones - soooo hard to remove and this from somone who wore nail polish everday for over 10 years. I use nail oil only now - have lovely health nails and save loads of money :D:D

What do you use Lady Tia? Do you massage it in overnight, and does it leave your hands very oily/greasy? When I was really stresssed out when Dad was very ill - lasted a period of a few years - and then when he died, one of the things I had was that all my nails became very badly ridged and were splitting from tip to cuticle. Very painful. I found that Nail Envy was the only thing that restored them. I don't have talons, just very ordinary short nails. Now they are better, I think I woulfd like to leave them alone and free from a chemical polish for a while.

I rang a few companies and was told that they don't test on animals BUT there is no way of checking if the ingredients they use have or are tested on animals before they buy them.
Kind of like the ingredients in the ingredients I mean. hope that makes sense.

Standard business response I think.

I've not worn nail polish for months now. I buff my bare nails once every 2/3 weeks, to get them smooth and shiny and also increase blood flow to the nail bed. Then I use Nail Envy, and regularly apply OPI nail oil (which I get in Florida, but assume it's available over here).

My nails look strong and glossy without the need to spend ages painting/drying them.

Linda :)

What do you use Lady Tia? Do you massage it in overnight, and does it leave your hands very oily/greasy? When I was really stresssed out when Dad was very ill - lasted a period of a few years - and then when he died, one of the things I had was that all my nails became very badly ridged and were splitting from tip to cuticle. Very painful. I found that Nail Envy was the only thing that restored them. I don't have talons, just very ordinary short nails. Now they are better, I think I woulfd like to leave them alone and free from a chemical polish for a while.

Hi Snuffles - lovely name :D I hope your life is happier now - stress and devastation causes all sorts of horrible things to happen physically as well as emotionally doesn't it.

I found nail envy made my nails look yellowy and wore polish for years to hide the yellowness.

I only have a couple of ridged nails and buff them once a month but my hands and nails are sooooo dry.

They can sometimes get stained still just by life I guess so i just soak them in jif lemon oil in a small bowl (Tia the cat's milk bowl but don't tell her :) but that's only about once a month or a scrub using my whitening toothpaste.

All I use daily is either Dr Hauschka's neem nail oil but my current fave found in the green beauty bible is nail oil by Green hands - I love it so much I bought 6 for the price of four. I don't have greasy hands with it at all it just absorbs as my nails are dry. The bottle is very well designed you just tap onto each nail and one drop comes out each time. I tap onto my three fingers and thumb (i do have five fingers :D) the little nail I just use the excess that's left. I do that at least in the morning and at night and sometimes in the day but i do find the results last for a few hours at least.

With the green hands oil my nails have never looked better, the whites whiter and pinky bit better probably from the bit of massage i do when i put the nail oil on.

My nails used to be sooooo stained from wearing nail polish they were almost orange despite wearing base coat and i'm sure it's because no air ever got to them - when i first stopped wearing nail polish they actually ached for a couple of weeks as i think they'd lost all their natural protection.

Now they grow so fast i have to file them - i prefer short nails - at least twice a week - wish my hair grew as fast :D

I would never use nail polish now and i save lots of money HTH x

Probably every ingredient will have been tested at one point - natrual and man made.

Alan

Hi Snuffles - lovely name :D I hope your life is happier now - stress and devastation causes all sorts of horrible things to happen physically as well as emotionally doesn't it.

I found nail envy made my nails look yellowy and wore polish for years to hide the yellowness.

I only have a couple of ridged nails and buff them once a month but my hands and nails are sooooo dry.

They can sometimes get stained still just by life I guess so i just soak them in jif lemon oil in a small bowl (Tia the cat's milk bowl but don't tell her :) but that's only about once a month or a scrub using my whitening toothpaste.

All I use daily is either Dr Hauschka's neem nail oil but my current fave found in the green beauty bible is nail oil by Green hands - I love it so much I bought 6 for the price of four. I don't have greasy hands with it at all it just absorbs as my nails are dry. The bottle is very well designed you just tap onto each nail and one drop comes out each time. I tap onto my three fingers and thumb (i do have five fingers :D) the little nail I just use the excess that's left. I do that at least in the morning and at night and sometimes in the day but i do find the results last for a few hours at least.

With the green hands oil my nails have never looked better, the whites whiter and pinky bit better probably from the bit of massage i do when i put the nail oil on.

My nails used to be sooooo stained from wearing nail polish they were almost orange despite wearing base coat and i'm sure it's because no air ever got to them - when i first stopped wearing nail polish they actually ached for a couple of weeks as i think they'd lost all their natural protection.

Now they grow so fast i have to file them - i prefer short nails - at least twice a week - wish my hair grew as fast :D

I would never use nail polish now and i save lots of money HTH x

Hi Lady Tia,

Thank you for a wonderful reply! Funny - I looked at my nails before I read this and thought they had a yellow tinge to them - so I think I'll give the nail envy a rest.
I was given a book voucher for my birthday that I am going to put towards the Green Beauty Bible.
I won't tell Tia about her bowl! Snuffles was not a rabbit - like the avatar - (we have a rabbit called Elmo) but a real gentleman of a hamster!

Sally
X

Hi Lady Tia,

Thank you for a wonderful reply! Funny - I looked at my nails before I read this and thought they had a yellow tinge to them - so I think I'll give the nail envy a rest.
I was given a book voucher for my birthday that I am going to put towards the Green Beauty Bible.
I won't tell Tia about her bowl! Snuffles was not a rabbit - like the avatar - (we have a rabbit called Elmo) but a real gentleman of a hamster!

Sally
X

Hi Snuffles (Sally :))
Thank you - I like to share tips and hints if I can - I get so much great advice from the forum so love it if i can help.
If you don't want to invest in nail oil yet but want to give your nails a rest and see how they go I would just clean them with a nail brush but with toothpaste - whitening toothpaste would be better and use your hand cream or body lotion on them -I bet even that will make a difference. Awwwww Elmo what another fab name - I love hamsters too - so tiny - but I couldn't risk another small animal wiht Tia about - my poor lovely old goldfish became a victim despite us haing a guard on the top of the tank and he was put high up on a shelf over the fridge freezer!!

Good look and hope you liek the green beauty bible if you get it
xx

Does anyone know if Leighton Denny's nail products are tested on animals, or contain animal ingredients?

Never used his stuff. he annoys me. Barry M is cruelty free and lasts well (only paint my toe nails - never my finger nails so may not last as well on hands) and you can get it from Superdrug.

Beauty Without Cruelty do a range of nail polishes too but I think they are only available here on line and in some health food shops (or at a vegan fayre).

Latest posts

Back