Le Creuset TSV 27/09/24

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Le Creuset 25cm Cast Iron Oval Casserole Dish
Item Number: 833821
QVC Price £245.00
Todays Special Value Price £144.96
P&P £4.95

Bring best-in-class cookware to your kitchen with this 25cm (9.8") cast-iron casserole dish from Le Creuset. Perfect for larger cuts of meat, this versatile oval dish can roast a whole leg of lamb or a succulent chicken with the lid on, keeping your oven clean and your food deliciously juicy. Featuring large, easy-grip handles, a toughened enamel interior, a heat-resistant stainless steel knob and an enhanced tight-fitting lid, this casserole dish is a real workhorse, designed for exceptional cooking

*A great saving: if you were to buy this Le Creuset 25cm Cast Iron Oval Casserole Dish from QVC UK after this offer ends, you’d pay £245, plus P&P. So, for our Today’s Special Value price of just £144.96, plus P&P, you’re saving £100.04.

A cook's staple - fit for the oven, all hobs (including induction) or for using under the grill, this versatile casserole dish is large enough to roast a whole leg of lamb and narrow enough to leave space in the oven for extra trimmings. Cook with a steady, low-to-medium heat to take care of your cast-iron and enjoy show-stopping dishes.

Handles like a dream - large, safe, easy-grip handles make moving this dish from hob to oven to table breezy, even with oven gloves, while the light enamel interior ensures quick, effortless clean-up.

Heat, serve, impress! The cast-iron construction ensures even cooking and browning, keeping your creations warmer for longer. The tight-fitting lid locks in moisture to enhance flavour, while the heat-resistant knob (up to 260C) offers a secure grip.

The choice is yours - available in five fan-favourite Le Creuset colours, inject a vibrant pop in your kitchen with the perfect casserole dish. It's available in Bamboo Green, Teal, Volcanic, Flint or Meringue.

• Suitable for all hob types, including induction
  • Oven and grill safe up to 260C
  • Freezer compatible and dishwasher safe
  • Casserole dish capacity: 3.2 litres

Colour options:

• Bamboo Green
  • Teal
  • Volcanic
  • Flint
  • Meringue

Contains:

• 1 x 25cm (9.8") oval cast iron casserole dish

All measurements are approximate

I reckon it’s about 4 kilos empty. So with hot food in 6 to 7 kgs. Great if you’ve muscles like Arnold Schwarzenegger but not for a shortarsed elderly disabled lady.

I’ve got so peed off with QVC not giving necessary information, I put the question against the item on the website. Sometimes they reply straight away, but often they say waiting for info from supplier. Surely they employ enough staff someone could weigh, measure, check charging time etc.

Yesterday I was most pleasantly surprised to see Ruth Linnett get out the infamous QVC ruler and measure a Diamonique Pendant.

I reckon it’s about 4 kilos empty. So with hot food in 6 to 7 kgs. Great if you’ve muscles like Arnold Schwarzenegger but not for a shortarsed elderly disabled lady.

I’ve got so peed off with QVC not giving necessary information, I put the question against the item on the website. Sometimes they reply straight away, but often they say waiting for info from supplier. Surely they employ enough staff someone could weigh, measure, check charging time etc.

Yesterday I was most pleasantly surprised to see Ruth Linnett get out the infamous QVC ruler and measure a Diamonique Pendant.
Yes, I also spotted the ruler when I caught some of the pearl programme the other night. Why on earth they can't use it more often.

Yes, I also spotted the ruler when I caught some of the pearl programme the other night. Why on earth they can't use it more often.
TBH they should not NEED to use it, everything should be in the description eg size, weight, colour and all the other important specs they don't tell you.

That includes ALL dimentsions of the TSV, as it is oval. She kept saying she could get 2 into her oven side by side, but how do I know if I can do this in my oven, without knowing the 2 dimensions of the oval? All they gave was the capacity in litres - meaningless.

Last edited:
Le Creuset was always something I'd have in my dream home when I was a 20 something. I still love it but as my wrists are so weak now there's no way I could even pick these up (when full). However, when I went to the Le Creuset shop in Edinburgh they had these really cute mini casserole dishes in the iconic colours. Would make a shepherds pie or fish pie for one. I got a couple for my mum and next time I'm up there I'll see if I can get some for me. These big ones are for families IMO.

CC

Le Creuset was always something I'd have in my dream home when I was a 20 something. I still love it but as my wrists are so weak now there's no way I could even pick these up (when full). However, when I went to the Le Creuset shop in Edinburgh they had these really cute mini casserole dishes in the iconic colours. Would make a shepherds pie or fish pie for one. I got a couple for my mum and next time I'm up there I'll see if I can get some for me. These big ones are for families IMO.

CC
I was so very lucky and got a set of the pans as a wedding present in the early 80s. They were lovely to look at, but even then were far too heavy to use daily. They got used occasionally and I think I gave them away in one of my house moves. I doubt I could even lift them empty now :)

Donkeys years ago a friend wanted one for a wedding present. We went to Debenhams to have a look. I didn’t know they were really heavy so I picked one up, promptly dropped it and cracked the glass shelf it fell on. Oops. She decided that she’d rather have a set of Pyrex ones.

Latest posts

Back