LE colour cosmetics

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

jordie_tart

Registered Shopper
hi - I'm a newbie here so take it easy on me !!

just been wtaching the LE colour cosmetics , 201678 3 peice radient collection .
don't think the make up artist is doing v good selling the stuff the blush looks like she's dawrn circles on the models cheeks - not the natural look I'd go for .

can any one comment of how good this make up is ?

Welcome. I've never tried Liz's make up and don't think it's for me. The foundation in particular looked awful (I have had a sample of that and didn't like it). Do people still use lip liners? I thought it was pricey for what it was (Avon are really trying to milk this one) compared with other qvc ranges. The makeup artist wasn't a Liz clone for once which was a novelty so maybe Avon brought her in. I expect there'll be a tsv of the stuff one of these days. Btw, what do people think of the new Liz Earle brochure? I think it looks downmarket compared with the quality and layout of the old one. Oh well. Times are achanging but I do hope the skincare doesn't.

Im sure the products are fine but the presentation does nothing to inspire me. The makeup artist couldnt talk and make up at the same time and the rep is dull to the extreme. Packaging is also uninspiring but i did think Pippas makeup looked nice.

The tinted moisturiser type thing is OK, it actually gives reasonable coverage, BUT, it smells like chip fat and unless you put powder over the top is very shiny looking (on me, at least). In fact I thought the models this aft looked very shiny of face full stop. Other than that I've seen nothing to inspire me to try and it looks very 'spensive for what it is.

Hi & Welcome! I have some LE cosmetics, the foundation and eye shadows which I really like.Also have an eye shadow brush which is also very good.I prefer cream blushers but the ones I have at the moment are Bobbi Brown so haven't gone for the LE.I think they look more natural than powders ( especially on an older skin--me!) I just pat it on & build up as much as I need.

Welcome jordie_tart, I agree with most of the comments on here, I love Le skin care but think the make up has been a bit of a let down. I do like the skin tint but can see why it would not appeal to everyone, it has good coverage I think but does look quite moist on the skin, the more expensive signature foundation is ok but I don't think it is any better than cheaper brands, and the rest the range is very much "middle of the road" in my opinion, no better than what you can get on the high street, i keep coming back to Bare Escentuals :hi:

Hello
I'm not keen on the skin tint (too shiny) and powder foundation - couldn't get a colour I liked but I adore the mascara and lash care base (no sore eyes for me :) and powder blush in camellia (my fave colour ever).

I like the foundation, it's the best liquid foundation I have tried, if anyone is interested Liz Earle website has free p&p on the whole order if you order a colour item

I use and love the foundation, loose powder and the cream blush (in Rose)

They all go on beautifully and the foundation and blush blend really well - no clowns here!

Until three months ago I was a very loyal Liz Earle customer but I noticed that the quality of the Cleanse & Polish was not as good it was and as a result I decided to give the Elemis pro-radiance cleanser a try. I really liked it so gradually I changed my LE skincare to Elemis. The only products I'm still using from LE are the Skin Tonic and Eyebright.

My Sister treated me to some LE cosmetics for my birthday back in the summer. I was excited to try them. Maybe I was expecting too much but I was very disappointed. The lip gloss felt gloopy and had no staying power, the colours are old fashioned and it felt cheap. Basically I think it's actual Avon cosmetics in LE packaging. Had it not been for Avon's takeover, I doubt the LE cosmetics would have ever seen the light of day.

Last edited:
I have quite a lot of this, and the foundation is really good, and natural looking, not a heavy make up. the shadows and blush are good too, maybe not the stayaing power of Bobbi Brown, but they are ok.

Latest posts

Back