Laura Geller TSV 7th August - can't wait!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

to add my pennys worth...i dont care about the lippy as A) i didnt get the postcard so wasnt dissapointed unlike the breezies bra duo episode a couple of months back & B) i tend to like only a few lip glosses mally is OK.....but i prefer shiseido as its the least tacky of all ive tried.

to get my colour of eyebrows i use smashbox's taupe which is still to dark for me so i add some BE to it & voila a colour thats quite acceptable.....hope that will help other as use ANYTHING [ within reason ] on your brows as its not like youre shoving the stuff into your eyes.....

Well, mine arrived to day and will be going straight back! The balance & brighten was shamshed to bits and there was powder everywhere!

Mine arrived yesterday. I have to say that is the fastest shipping yet from QVC. Unfortunately I have ordered the fair and I should have ordered the medium. I have had B n B before but I couldn't remember what shade I had ordered and it is not written on the pot anywhere. I'm not so sure about the banish and brighten it seems to dry too quickly. I love the blusher and the eyeshadow is very pretty. So all in all I'm not sure what I will do, if I had ordered the right colour it would definitely be a keeper but £40 is a lot for a blusher and eyeshadow (well it is in my world).

Well, mine arrived to day and will be going straight back! The balance & brighten was shamshed to bits and there was powder everywhere!

So sorry your TSV arrived damaged NIKKID.

I received mine this morning and love the whole set - the new banish and brighten is so cooling, funnily i didnt find it drying too quickly? but love it(I'll buy this again after i've used all the Auto deliveries). The Berry/ethereal rose blush is not as bright as i thought, which is good. The eyeshadows/eye rimz colours are lovely and very useable. The bone i-care liner is going to be so useful - inside eye,to highlight browbone,brighten the inside corner of the eye and to highlight the cupids bow of the lip. I'm so glad i've gone for the auto delivery option.

I received mine this morning and love the whole set - the new banish and brighten is so cooling, funnily i didnt find it drying too quickly? but love it(I'll buy this again after i've used all the Auto deliveries). The Berry/ethereal rose blush is not as bright as i thought, which is good. The eyeshadows/eye rimz colours are lovely and very useable. The bone i-care liner is going to be so useful - inside eye,to highlight browbone,brighten the inside corner of the eye and to highlight the cupids bow of the lip. I'm so glad i've gone for the auto delivery option.

Naughty i know, but im going to have a wee play with the other products while im waiting for the free returns label to arrive!

Do you put eye cream or something like that on before you apply the banish and brighten. I' have to put it on my finger and then quickly blend it. Its fine then however.

Naughty i know, but im going to have a wee play with the other products while im waiting for the free returns label to arrive!

I don't blame you! How on earth did it turn up smashed? It must have been before it was put in its box as mine even have large bubble wrap around the box!

Mine arrived yesterday, used it for the first time this morning. I have mixed feeling so far.

The BnB is really pale which is brilliant as sometimes even the fair is too dark for me (and I'm not even THAT pale!!).

The blush side of the ER/blush is quite dark and I had to blend a lot to stop it looking too 80's on me. It's nice now and definitely has a lovely finish.

Not sure about the concealer yet, was nice and cool, did dry very quickly but time will tell if I like it enough to keep.

Love the eyeshadow/rimz esp in the new sateen finish, the Fresco is much nicer than in the original formula.

Bone eyeliner is PANTS! Wouldn't adhere to my waterline and made a flakey mess under my brows, wouldn't blend in at all! I'm so disappointed as I really wanted this type of product in a waterproof version.

So, not sure yet whether to keep the kit, I think I like it more than not :clapping:

Tx

mines arrived but yet to have a play.To be fair I've tried her baked stuff in the past - but its just all too dark and orangey and too made up for me - so I'm not holding out much hope:wonder: but I've gone for fair - and its reasuring to know RedT that you're not that pale (neither am I) but it can be too dark for you too - but this is pale enough to work for you:sun:

mines arrived but yet to have a play.To be fair I've tried her baked stuff in the past - but its just all too dark and orangey and too made up for me - so I'm not holding out much hope:wonder: but I've gone for fair - and its reasuring to know RedT that you're not that pale (neither am I) but it can be too dark for you too - but this is pale enough to work for you:sun:

I really hope so! I haven't tried the BnB yet as I have one on the go already but it looks significantly lighter than the older one so fingers crossed! I always laugh when they use that young model who is milk bottle white and is 'in the fair'. I'm not nearly as pale as her but the BnB is definitely a little dark if I'm not using fake tan! To think that I used to use the regular!!! :giggle:

Tx

Do you put eye cream or something like that on before you apply the banish and brighten. I' have to put it on my finger and then quickly blend it. Its fine then however.

Hi LP - i used my current eye cream(Sainsbury's) and a little Smashbox primer under my eye - i used MP eye primer to neutralise my lids. I didnt use my fingers until the very end and that was just a quick dab - i mainly used the palladium tip to apply. I found my under eye looked good and was visibly brightened until i took my makeup off before bed - this was with only one "touch-up" in the afternoon again mainly using the palladium tip - as i said before this product is very cooling and i found the coolness remained for a couple of hours. HTH. -my rule re eyes with moisturiser/primer is that less is more - i get a better effect and for longer by using less of any product.

just to update that I really like mine:cheeky:

The fair seems to be ok this time round (has she made it lighter?! or am I just tanned being summer??!!)

only not sure on the blush - very pink on me.

wish I had ordered it on AD as there was a brownish tint to one - think that would suit me more than the pink:thinking:

help required please! I have black eyebrows...sparse as I overplucked in the 60s when thin brows were all the go, and I need to pencil in the first half inch as there's nothing there - Laura says her dark brown will suit black eyebrows but from the shades on the back of her hand it won't touch mine! Can anyone with black brows who uses the LG brow pen give me an honest opinion please?

Just seen that Avon do a "soft black" brow pencil currently at £3: http://avonshop.co.uk/shop/product.asp?pf_id=31175&from=search&find_spec=brow&pagenum=1

It's worth looking at the avon sellers on ebay if you're only buying a single item otherwise you'd have to add the £3.50 postage on top (on the avon site use code PRIMA2010 for free postage if you're order is £15 or more)

HTH

Jude xx

just to update that I really like mine:cheeky:

The fair seems to be ok this time round (has she made it lighter?! or am I just tanned being summer??!!)

only not sure on the blush - very pink on me.

wish I had ordered it on AD as there was a brownish tint to one - think that would suit me more than the pink:thinking:

I ordered fair which I have had before but as Rainbowdottie asked is it lighter than before?I considered ordering B&B in Medium but as I have Bronze & Brighten again in Fair, I just put this on top.I think I prefer the B&B to BE new matt foundation which I ordered a few weeks ago.
Like the rest of the TSV kit especially blusher ( haven't used the eye pencil)

I've tried her stuff before and have never been able to get on with it (always too dark) I'd like to know if she's made this a lighter colour!

I am loving thiskit. I usually us the BnB in Regular. Was a bit miffed because when I placed the order I asked CS for advice and they said that the Regular was the same as Fair rather than Medium but then Johnny said later on that if you use Regular you should order Medium. So I was thinking I would have to return it but no the Fair is fine one me although it does look lighter than the Regular when compared side by side.

I though the Ethereal rose would be the same as Benefit Dandelion which I love but have to apply several layers to be able to see it but no the LG ER is much nicer and gives me the glow that I wanted from Dandelion. Also love the new eyeshadow and liner. The pink is not "in your face" as I thought it would be. The bone eyeliner is not brilliant and so far I haven't tried the concealer as I have a couple of Benefit ones on the go so will report on this as and when I do use it.

Am glad I've gone for AD now.

Because LG foundation is baked it actually depends on the batch how light it will be. I have heard Laura herself say this a number of times over the years. So this batch could be lighter but the next deeper, its just the luck of the draw.

Its the baking process and the swirls and how it is mixed, they cannot guarantee like a liquid foundation or even a loose powder how it will turn out each time.

Just seen that Avon do a "soft black" brow pencil currently at £3: http://avonshop.co.uk/shop/product.asp?pf_id=31175&from=search&find_spec=brow&pagenum=1

It's worth looking at the avon sellers on ebay if you're only buying a single item otherwise you'd have to add the £3.50 postage on top (on the avon site use code PRIMA2010 for free postage if you're order is £15 or more)

HTH

Jude xx

Thanks for posting Jude...I have tried the Avon one but again it doesn't stay on (have tried various primers etc) - I'm just road-testing a Maybelline eyeliner..the sort like a felt tip pen, I have to be VERY light handed with it but so far it seems to be ok and does stay put longer than anything else I've tried. But thanks to all who have made suggestions and any others will be welcome! :mysmilie_504:

Latest posts

Back