Laura Geller TSV 7th August - can't wait!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was really looking forward to this TSV especially since I returned the last LG one but as soon as I saw that it was only a 5 piece rather than a 6 piece as advertised on the postcard they sent me, I switched off and will not buy this one as I feel we have been diddled.
They should not send out postcards saying 6 piece when there are only 5 pieces :headbang:

I too was expecting the 6 peice and felt glad that for once we weren't being diddled. Tuned in at midnight and felt mildly annoyed to see that it was 5 peices. Decided not to go for it. Already have the eye shadow from another collection, 4 BnBs in my stockpile, the blusher is a bit light for me, and currently have 4 different LG blushers on the go, berry being my fave, followed by rosenberry. Bone pencil and concealer look intriguing, but not worth ordering the whole collection just for those two.

I was also not very excited by the two collections in the AD, otherwise may have gone for it. The browney one looked particularly unappealing, with a really weird colour blusher.

Watched a few of the presentations during the day, and have not regretted passing it up.

I'm glad I went for two of the chocolate decadance TSV, as I love everything in it, especially the blush and lip gloss.

Oh well, I can start to look forward to the next LG TSV...what a sad case I am!

Yet another question! As I’ve ordered the auto delivery option, should the auto delivery item number show in my account rather than the single item number?

As a relic from the seventies, when over plucking was all the rage, I now have to "create brows" everyday, as have barely any left.
I find that using "Lipcote" (small clear bottle, red lid, about £3.75 from Boots/Superdrug) does the job in locking the colour and stops it sweating off etc. Only need a small bit, but as it's meant for lips, be careful around the "eye area" with it.
Whilst on the subject, was a devotee of the PP/YBF brow pencil, but as I am now down to my last one, and I refuse to pay the silly money they go for on ebay, had to hunt for an alternative.
Have discovered "Brow Fill-In Powder" by Vital Radiance (part of the Revlon group?) on Amazon - think I paid about £5. The one I have is Dark Brown and has two different shades in it.
Comes with a brush, but I find that too thick and use my Michael Maron brow brush, and am well pleased with it. Definitely a worthy replacement for YBF in my eyes (no pun intended).

thanks madaunty - I did have to stop using Lipcote on my lips as it started to give me more than the momentary tingle, so I would be wary of using it around my eyes, but a good tip..whatever made you think of trying it..?! Yes, Vital Radiance is part of Revlon, I have seen it in Poundland! But only in light brown shades which wouldn't be right for me. Many thanks for taking the time to post - appreciate it.

Quick AD question: do QVC notify you when they're going to take the 2nd and 3rd payments? I did ask the chap when I ordered but he didn't know! I'd like to know in advance if there's £40 going to come off my account, espeically in January!!

PS i noticed in the JR show they reversed the order of the AD again, back to bronze in Jan and lilac in April which makes no sense to me...

Tx

Vital Radiance is on a lot of the discount beauty sites. The brunette brow fill in powder is 99p at Fragrance Direct for example. Beauty Spot and Direct Cosmetics have a lot of items too and like BusyMum I've seen some in Poundland.

Quick AD question: do QVC notify you when they're going to take the 2nd and 3rd payments? I did ask the chap when I ordered but he didn't know! I'd like to know in advance if there's £40 going to come off my account, espeically in January!!

PS i noticed in the JR show they reversed the order of the AD again, back to bronze in Jan and lilac in April which makes no sense to me...

Tx

Mo, they do not. Which also makes it interesting if you had changed your card as they then can not take the money out and write you a nasty letter saying "pay for your stuff or you will not be allowed to buy more" in slightly better language of course.
My card had run out before the 3rd payment, and I got my new one, and just did not even think about then QVC payment until I got the letter

Just a thought.

Since the post cards all stated 6 items but infact only 5 in the TSV. Is this classed as false advertising? Could QVC be held accountable because an item was missing?

If I don't like mine I'm going to ask for a prepaid label:emo:

Especially as I didn't see any presentations and I got an email stating 6 pieces that said I would get a lipgloss and I ordered it on that basis (!!!!)

I see there are tons of comments on Facebook now, both on QVC's and LG's pages, about the missing lipgloss. Customers are (rightly) very cross about being e-mailed about a 6 piece set only to have a 5 piece set on air.

QVC apparently made some lame ass explanation saying that they didn't know until the last minute that it would be a 5 piece collection...despite the collection being in a box with five pieces in it...LOL! LG says she's looking into it, that she wasn't aware of it and apparently she did refer to the lipgloss in one of the presentations?! I haven't seen them all yet (taped) but did anyone else? Surely once QVC realised they could just have done the grown up thing and said they made a mistake? Honestly, sometimes I wonder who's running that joint...they treat us like kids and can't be upfront about errors unless really REALLY pushed into it...

Tx

As much as I like LG - I think she comes across as a really nice person on screen - I find it hard to believe that this is all news to her,as she claims on her facebook page.

Surely she did presentations in qvc us with lipgloss and then realised that she did presentations without the lipgloss here??? Did she not wonder why no one was giving her a lipgloss to use on the tsv face? or wonder why no presenter referred to it?!

I was really miffed to lose the lip gloss, maybe QVC are going to get a supply in and send them out to us all free (and pigs will be seen flying over QVC Towers :angry:)

Laura probably did genuinely think the lipgloss would be included as she talked about it on her 'tips for using the TSV' blog thingymajig on QVC.

She most likely found out when she arrived at the QVC studios and I would imagine was told not to mention it on air.....:thinking:

Same problem here. I tried LG dark brown and found it too red/brown for me, made my ash/black brows look strange. Couldn't even get Models Prefer to work. Was recommended Clinique and it's great. They do a great range and will match to your brows.

went into Nottm today and headed for the Clinique stand in Boots - they don't do a grey or black eyebrow pencil! I tried Estee Lauder, No 7 & Benefits too, nothing, then went into The Body Shop where she tried to flog me a powder..well I've got dark grey eyeshadow I could use without buying something else...so, came home empty handed in the eyebrow department but I did manage to spend a few quid on other things so it wasn't entirely wasted! Maybe I should think about having them tattooed on, or having some hair transplanted..they do that now I believe but I read that you have to actually cut it as it keeps growing at its same rate..well that would be the sublime to the ridiculous I think!

Why is everyone obsessed with the lip gloss? I'm really not bothered about it not being in the kit. To me a lip gloss is a lip gloss. They are all the same, as long as it is not sticky I'll use any brand. Is there anything special about this lip gloss?

I think its because people were told by QVC that it was a 6 piece set wheras in fact what we got was a 5 piece set.

Personally I dont mind losing the lipgloss I love LG make up but not her lipglosses, mine came today and it does look very nice the blusher isnt as "purple" as it appeared on the screen

Agreed, her last lipgloss made my lips really dry so I'm not at all bothered we didn't get it with this kit. From a legal point of view QVC have done nothing wrong. They did not actually advertise the kit as a 6 piece when it was available for sale. Nobody could have purchased the kit thinking they were getting 6 pieces as the description of the item they bought was '5 piece'. An advertisement for something that will be on sale at some point in the future is not the same thing as a description of an item which the public could purchase there and then (and hence rely on the description). Atill, I accept they made a mistake and have upset people. Maybe as a goodwill gesture they will send everyone who received the postcard a free returns envelope.

I was miffed about the lipgloss as I really like LG ones and they don't make my lips dry (which a lot of other brands do). I didn't get a postcard so I was only going on info from on here about it being 6 pieces, & I was fully aware it was 5 pieces when I actually ordered. But I do think QVC should have been more careful about their promotion of the TSV as there was also the 'blog' from Laura talking about the lipgloss on their website.
I'm just narked in general cos why do the US get the full 6 pieces but we only get 5??? but it's just a general gripe on my part rather than a major hissy fit, and I'm not going to return the TSV as long as I like everything else that is in it - not turned up yet so here's hoping!

Mine turned up today, nice little surprise waiting for me when I got home! I love the eye rimz, so much easier than ordinary eyeliner. The blusher is fab, already have etheral rose but the other one is great, looks purplely in the pot but certainly not on the skin. The new banish and brighten is pretty good. I love the cooling effect of the nib - very good for my puffy eyes I think. However it dries very quick and it went patchy if I tried to blend with the nib. So I found that by applying with my finger and blending then finishing off with the nib it was great. You don't need much either. Also loving the I-care pencil, very blendable AND doesn't irritate my inner eye lid. It is the only pencil I've been able to put there! Blends and highlights beautifully under the eyebrow and along the cupids bow of my lip.

I'm looking forward to getting mine!

it was shipped on 7th (I ordered just after midnight on TSV day) so hoping it will come tomorrow.

I love eyerimz too, think they are my fave eyeliners even above smashbox. I'm not a fan of liner on the inner rim of my eye, it looks a bit wierd on me but got high hopes for the bone pencil as it's an eye-opener rather than an actual liner isn't it?

Latest posts

Back