Laura Geller TSV 7th August - can't wait!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

so I've gone for the fair - I couldn't help it.

almost have rung twice to cancel my order - but do want to try it.Don't think the presentation I saw with AD was very clear - I have fairish skin with mild roscea - I didn't know whether to order fair or med - and they were getting in a right mix up with what the models were wearing:doh:

If I'm hones tLG's stuff hasn't suited my skin in the past - I looked very overdone - so have gone for the fair with this in mind - hoping it won't be so strong:sweat:

so I've gone for the fair - I couldn't help it.

almost have rung twice to cancel my order - but do want to try it.Don't think the presentation I saw with AD was very clear - I have fairish skin with mild roscea - I didn't know whether to order fair or med - and they were getting in a right mix up with what the models were wearing:doh:

If I'm hones tLG's stuff hasn't suited my skin in the past - I looked very overdone - so have gone for the fair with this in mind - hoping it won't be so strong:sweat:

I am told I have medium skin tone- it seems quite red to me. I use the fair and feel it is the right shade for me.

Two thoughts.

If I ordered the auto delivery on the tsv I don't think I would ever need to order make up again but it wouldn't stop me wanting to.

On the website BE is the foundation winner in the customer awards - not thrilling news for Laura today.

Two thoughts.

If I ordered the auto delivery on the tsv I don't think I would ever need to order make up again but it wouldn't stop me wanting to.

On the website BE is the foundation winner in the customer awards - not thrilling news for Laura today.

I've gone for the AD and I will still buy lots of other make-up in the meantime, but I love LG especially B&B - and I'm one of those sad people who keeps one at home, one at work and one in my bag :blush:

Personally BE does nothing for me, it doesn't give enough coverage and all that swirl buff tap business is messy and time consuming, but I know a lot of people love it and it seems to be on QVC every other day so not surprised it won.

I couldn't vote in the awards as other than B&B and one or two exceptions I either don't use or don't like the products that were nominated in most of the categories. I think we should have been offered more choice in the categories as I'm sure a lot of QVC customers were in the same situation.

Love LG but....

I love LG eyerimz but mostly her makeup is far too orangey on my oily
pale olive skin. Surprising since LG herself has such similar colouring to me!

I tried the B&B etc and they all went orangey and I found them far heavier in
consistency to the mineral makeup. I have to get up at 5:30 during the week
and wont go to work without at least decent foundation, blusher and mascara.
I dont have time but I want the results even when I am more than not have asleep!

BE Mineral makeup is so finely milled and I find it a doddle to do. I dont
ever look "madeup" which I think makes you look older when over forty.
My mates just think i have fab skin and they are real makeup addicts.

No, I havent told them yet about the wonders of BE. They are already gorgeous
and I need all the help I can muster.

I use halo 'fair' and BE 'fair' in winter/'fairly light' in summer and I find the Laura Geller 'fair' too dark for me. We need an 'Ultra Fair' shade.

What I don't understand is why they always use 'medium' on model Amanda. It's far too dark for her skintone and doesn't show the make-up at its best.

I love Bnb and I'm almost out, but I have something like 8 BE foundations sitting waiting to be used after I went for the AD purist tsv last year.

I'm fair and find that using a kabuki brush to put bnb on leaves me feeling a little less overdone.

I am looking forward to seeing the reviews for the real deal stick foundation, as I'm looking for a heavier "going out" foundation

Last edited:
Katyd, I am already using the Real Deal foundation (stick). The coverage is full to such extent that you do not need to apply concealer in the eye area. What I do is apply the new concealer (the one in the TSV) on top of the RD foundation. The new concealer is sheerer and with bightening qualities, so it looks lovely over the foundation. It is like second skin and rather hydrating, which I love (have dry skin).

I agree with White Russian & think we need an Ultra Fair shade for us paler ones.
In BE I use Fair so can't buy it from QVC as the lightest shade they stock is Fairly Light.

I do like B&B though so, if I'm buying just that, I send for more than one & pick the lightest as they do vary.

But I've still gone & bought the TSV on AD. :rolleyes:

many thanks Concordia - I tried ybf taupe as Stacey also said it would match any brow colour...not true! I'm using black pencils from GOSH and another from Space NK that has a funny name beginning with C...both are good on colour as long as I don't press on too hard but I find they don't stay on where I have no brow for them to grip to. My hair is silver and red/brown eyebrows are a definite no-no...need a mid to dark grey pencil really but they seem to be hard to come by except for the cheap'n'cheerful ranges that aren't very good. I'll have a look in Clinique next time I'm in Nottm...thanks again!

As a relic from the seventies, when over plucking was all the rage, I now have to "create brows" everyday, as have barely any left.
I find that using "Lipcote" (small clear bottle, red lid, about £3.75 from Boots/Superdrug) does the job in locking the colour and stops it sweating off etc. Only need a small bit, but as it's meant for lips, be careful around the "eye area" with it.
Whilst on the subject, was a devotee of the PP/YBF brow pencil, but as I am now down to my last one, and I refuse to pay the silly money they go for on ebay, had to hunt for an alternative.
Have discovered "Brow Fill-In Powder" by Vital Radiance (part of the Revlon group?) on Amazon - think I paid about £5. The one I have is Dark Brown and has two different shades in it.
Comes with a brush, but I find that too thick and use my Michael Maron brow brush, and am well pleased with it. Definitely a worthy replacement for YBF in my eyes (no pun intended).

The eye shadow/liner duo looks v similar to the fire water duo in a previous tsv. Oh Lordy I'm starting to wonder why I've ordered; only the blush and concealer are new to me :thinking:

Does anyone know if I return the first installment of an auto-delivery whether I can still stay in the AD program and receive the later versions?

Jude xx

The eye shadow/liner duo looks v similar to the fire water duo in a previous tsv. Oh Lordy I'm starting to wonder why I've ordered; only the blush and concealer are new to me :thinking:

Does anyone know if I return the first installment of an auto-delivery whether I can still stay in the AD program and receive the later versions?

Jude xx

The 30 MBG applies to this product (collection in this case) as it does to any other product. You are not cancelling the delivery, or effectively the order, to affect the AD altogether.

I think it will probably cancel the whole order, otherwise we could all do that - I particularly liked the look of the January one!

I liked the TSV but couldn't work out which colour B&B I would be and thought the skin colour descriptions given on the show were poor.

I have a baked blusher and eyeshadow and love them am still dithering

Jude xx

I've wondered the same thing. I can't work out whether January is the bronze or plum kit as they tell me something different on each show. I like the idea of both the bronze and plum kits but I can't exactly wear shimmery blue eyeliner to work as is in the first kit. If I send the first kit back idoes autodelivery cancel? Not clear.

Another question. If I receive a kit every 120 days, why don't I get one in December and April rather than January & April?

I'm sure the website says December and April which would make more sense! And AY clearly said earlier that each delivery comes with a 30 days MBG so I'm sure you could send back one and still get the others. Otherwise you'd be getting punished for not liking one and then not getting the benefit of the TSV price for the rest of the auto delivery!

I was really looking forward to this TSV especially since I returned the last LG one but as soon as I saw that it was only a 5 piece rather than a 6 piece as advertised on the postcard they sent me, I switched off and will not buy this one as I feel we have been diddled.
They should not send out postcards saying 6 piece when there are only 5 pieces :headbang:

Latest posts

Back