Laura Geller balance and brighten....opinions please :)

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bosrebel

Registered Shopper
hi Again...
ok now, laura geller balance and brighten... i currently use the body shops baked bronzer, but they only do two shades and they are just a bit too dark for me, i feel a bit orange, i see laura geller has what seems lighter shades, but are a bit more expensive than body shop..are her products any good , i can always look on ebay, but cannot send them back if i dont like..which is in QVC's favour as you can if i buy off them.. :)

Love it! total convert but i must stress you need a primer as when you use any powder if you put it straight onto moisturiser it just sucks the moisturiser out of your face. I don't mind the spackle (prefer mally tbh) but as I suspect I will be sucked into Laura's next TSV I am happy to use her spackle. I also got a small travel one to start off with from ebay before committing to qvc TSVs
Hope that helps.
A

It's the only foundation I now use. I love it along with her ethereal rose blusher. I always use a primer, but I haven't tried the spackle yet (I'm eagerly awaiting the tsv!)

I hate wearing foundation/makeup but love swirling Laura's balance and brighten. I wear it with no primer underneath and it stays on all day. I am quite fair and use the fair colour. I have also bought the brighten and bronze and somedays put a little of this on my cheekbones if I feel like looking healthy.
It is certainly worth watching her shows if you decide to purchase some as she has lots of tips on how to apply it.

Last edited:
Love it! It's the only foundation I use now. I've tried all the shades over the years; the 'tan' shade is great for me in the summer, and I jump between 'fair' and 'regular' for the rest of the year. I don't know whether it's just the batch I received, but when I use the 'fair' option, the texture seems quite chalky and powdery compared to the other two.

I don't use a primer, I just make sure that my moisturiser has sunk in well before I apply b'n'b and i'm really happy with the coverage as you can build it up for a more made up look.

I'll second that the Tan Balance & Brighten is the best bronzer for my skintone, seems better than the Balance & Bronze though I use that too if I've been on holiday or have a deep (for me) fake tan.

Jude xx

I like it but I don't use a primer nor do I have to wait for my moisturiser to sink in. It lasts for ages. I still prefer BE as I love the glow it gives to my skin but B&B is a much better choice if I'm in a rush as putting BE straight on after moisturising is a no-no. I do sometimes go over B&B with BE. But I would still recommend it.

A negative I'm afraid. To get the coverage I need, I find it way too cakey and matte for me. I like the dewy look and it's the opposite.

I love it too. I don't use a primer day to day and it's fine for me, I don't find it drying at all. It lasts really well and I never feel 'made up'.
Its my fave. :heart:

obviously in the minority here - i really want to love balance and brighton because i hate the feel of any goop on my skin but try as i might, it just looks like naked skin. doesn't balance OR brighten anything - can't tell i have anything on my skin at all. :sad:

I'm another lover of BnB. I also use a primer under it - at the moment Smashbox though I will be moving onto Spackle after it's finished. I find that all the LG products I own look natural on me.

I like it but find it hard to wear on its own.I'm absolutely make up junkie and its not enough for me - so although I do have it,use it and like it - I wear it on the days when I know I'm not doing much and want more of a "natural" "fresher" face.I wouldn't ever go to a wedding for example wearing it,I need my "proper" foundation.

not used b&b as i use BE but i do like laura's stuff my fave blusher of hers pink grapefruit only blusher i've actually had nice comments about and been asked where i got it :)

Love, love, love it. As my name suggests, LG, Liz Earle and L'occitane were my three must have products that I started with, and LG is the only one that I have stuck with. I get every TSV, and LG makeup is my mainstay. I swirl BnB on every morning, after moisturiser has sunk in, and the add a glow with LG blusher and highlighter. To be honest, I think I could get away with just concealed as my skin has always been quite good, but BnB adds that flawless look. I can honestly say that LG makeup has made me feel as "beautiful" as I possibly could be, and it's quick, so I don't.need to faff with it. The bronzer is nice too, and natural looking - no Orange in sight, as long as you are not heavy handed!

I got the last TSV with BnB, Eye trio, Blusher, lippy and champagne spackle.
I usually use smashbox ( tinted) or poreless flawless primers but seeing as both have been discontinued I thought I would try this. Must say I'm not that impressed, The spackle does nothing but add some gold glitter to my face, the BnB doesn't do any favours for my pores but the blusher and eye trio are OK. I tend to use my Mac foundation as the BnB doesn't seem to give much cover unless I want to trowel it on and show the world my pores, I then just give a really light dusting of BnB
Oh and for the first time in over a year I have started to get some spots - so no I'm not a fan and wont be repeat purchasing

I am forever on a quest to find the perfect foundation for my skin and BnB comes closest (so far). I only need a light coverage and find it lasts a long time unless I have a "tropical moment" in which case I just dab a bit more on my nose. I use the fair which is OK year round for me.

I've even dusted it over other foundations to improve their cover. Having read this thread I must give the spackle a go next.

Linda xx

I LOVE BnB, it revolutionised my morning routine, not only by shaving minutes off it! Don't get me wrong, I still use a Neutrogena tinted moisturiser when my skin is a bit dryer and a BB cream when I want a fuller coverage but for most days, I put on a good layer of moisturiser, swipe on some BnB and I'm good to go for a nice everyday look. I sometimes use primer under it, more when I remember and it definitely helps to give a more even finish. I like Cargo's primer, also the Smashbox primer light.

The one thing I think BnB has over any other foundation is the swirls of colour. If I'm travelling and can't be bothered lugging a ton of makeup I'll pack some small brushes and pick out the lighter colour swirl as a concealer (which works so well as it's applying the same product on itself if you like, therefore it blends very well) and the darker colour for my brows and as eyeliner. Can't ask more than that from one product!

I love B&B, panic if mine is running low especially if I'm holding out for the next TSV. I hate the feel of makeup on my face and it feels more like powder than foundation.

Latest posts

Back