Landers fashion

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

When are QVCUK going to realise that us British women DON'T want USA fashion rammed down our throats all the time?! Perhaps it was too much to hope that a new location would bring new ideas......:thinking:

Its the awful fabric they are all made out of, and I know that I am the one who confessed to two pairs of Michelle Hope Trousers (which I don't regret), but who wants a whole wardrobe of this stretchy dreadful fabric. Why can't the designers use other fabrics?

Exactly the same thoughts I posted on another thread (frocks with sleeves). Printed poly/elastene seems to be the only stuff qvc 'designers' (I use the term loosely) make clothes with these days. Why cant one of them be original and use cheesecloth, or seersucker, or cotton, or proper velvet, or real silk, - even satin and chiffon would make a pleasant change.

Its the awful fabric they are all made out of, and I know that I am the one who confessed to two pairs of Michelle Hope Trousers (which I don't regret), but who wants a whole wardrobe of this stretchy dreadful fabric. Why can't the designers use other fabrics?

Probably because stretch fabrics will accommodate most bodies and therefore sell to a wider (unintentional pun) Market. Just my own theory.

I don't mind a bit of poly or stretch it's the bling-bling I can't be doing with. Everything has "embellishments" and even the perfectly slim, tall and leggy Tania looks lumpy in those chuffing leggings.

Yes that one looks nice on the photo Claudia.

Mum may look good for her age the Tova way.

I wish QVC UK would differentiate between UK style and US style. We din't really like the glitz and the bling much (well I don't). There is something very old fashioned in an 80's LA/Hollywood way about this range. Wish I could put my finger on the different way of dressing in the US. The capsule wardrobe, everything co- ordinating, too much bling and ostentation (sp), everything looking too put together and over-styled. I don"t know about the rest of you, but I take an "if you like it then buy it" line, my stuff is very eclectic and some if it hopefully matches! Is AY an eclectic Brit or an overstyled Yank, I wonder?

Well Audrey is nearly 56 and looking amazing so do the maths.

Just looked and apparently she is just 75 and was born in Franfurt, Germany.

Last edited:
Yes that one looks nice on the photo Claudia.

Mum may look good for her age the Tova way.

I wish QVC UK would differentiate between UK style and US style. We din't really like the glitz and the bling much (well I don't). There is something very old fashioned in an 80's LA/Hollywood way about this range. Wish I could put my finger on the different way of dressing in the US. The capsule wardrobe, everything co- ordinating, too much bling and ostentation (sp), everything looking too put together and over-styled. I don"t know about the rest of you, but I take an "if you like it then buy it" line, my stuff is very eclectic and some if it hopefully matches! Is AY an eclectic Brit or an overstyled Yank, I wonder?

Could'nt agree more. For some reason the States have always seemed light years behind us in the fashion stakes - could be a throwback to the 60's when they just discovered flower power 5 years after we had moved on to punk ! If you notice, any films made in the late 60s or early 70s with teenagers dancing, its never to the 'hits' of the day, but to some sort of non-descript jazz music. Weird that.

Probably because stretch fabrics will accommodate most bodies and therefore sell to a wider (unintentional pun) Market. Just my own theory.

The fit does not have to be as precise with stretch fabrics so there should be fewer returns than for example if they sold a normal skirt with a zip in non-stretch fabric. I wouldn't buy clothes from QVC that needed to be an exact fit knowing that I would be charged probably £4 per item outward p & p per item plus my return p & p. if something didn't fit.

it's not only the fabrics with many of the QVC fashion lines, it's also the way they are made. Very often the hems are uneven and puckered, the fronts of dresses "pull" across the body because they've skimped on fabric, sometimes a garment should be cut on the bias to hang properly but of course that uses more fabric.

They should have a good look at (most/many) M&S garments to see just how generous they are with their fabrics, their use of diff fabrics and the way they are put together, for a reasonable price.

I think you could still have elasticated waists for skirts and trousers, but have the actual material in cotton or a cotton blend (like M&S).

Latest posts

Back