Lab created diamonds.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I finally thought I’d see for myself the hype around these gems. I already have diamond earrings so was looking forward to comparing them. I bought a pair of Firelight Diamonds stud earrings, a quarter carat in each ear. They are 4 mm size. Well I am very pleasantly impressed by the quality and look of these diamonds. They sparkle and show internal fire just as they should.There’s absolutely no visible difference between them and earth mined.You can actually see from a distance that they’re real in the way they sparkle.Nobody will ever know that they’re lab created except yourself. I received them within 48 hours of ordering so that’s great also.I would say that if you’re undecided go for it, they’re beautiful.

If I was in the market for another diamond I would definitely go lab grown - my friend has a 3ct solitaire lab grown diamond ring and it looks amazing. They don't seem to be so reasonably priced nowadays, certainly not as they used to be but they're still less expensive than mined and ethically preferable to me.

I finally thought I’d see for myself the hype around these gems. I already have diamond earrings so was looking forward to comparing them. I bought a pair of Firelight Diamonds stud earrings, a quarter carat in each ear. They are 4 mm size. Well I am very pleasantly impressed by the quality and look of these diamonds. They sparkle and show internal fire just as they should.There’s absolutely no visible difference between them and earth mined.You can actually see from a distance that they’re real in the way they sparkle.Nobody will ever know that they’re lab created except yourself. I received them within 48 hours of ordering so that’s great also.I would say that if you’re undecided go for it, they’re beautiful.
That nice to hear a positive comment. They sound wonderful.

I think lab diamonds look really nice but I do worry that they can never hold their value and they'll never run out if that makes sense? They'll just make more so at least with a real diamond if you have to re-sell it for any reason, you might have a decent chance of getting a good return on your money.

Apparently a lab diamond starts losing its value when you leave the store, unlike the earth mined diamond which won't ever decrease in value. But if you get the look and it's cheaper to buy and makes you happy then you're not going to sell it in the future anyway.

All jewellery lose value the moment you leave the shop. Unless your diamond is the finest top grade stone, think the crown jewels or something owned by Liz Taylor. It is unlikely to increase much, and the idea of passing it down as an heirloom, Er no. The gold will be worth more as scrap.

Diamonds will never run out, one of the most common minerals on earth.
I am not a fan of diamonds, prefer colour gems. Many people do not like real diamonds because of the links to blood diamonds.

I’m a philistine when it comes to real stones. Yes I do have a few nice pieces but I think the majority is Diamonique. I love sparkly jewellery and my friends and family know I couldn’t afford diamonds so I buy what I like and can afford. Often get compliments n my earrings. The pair I get most comments on is a pair of ear climbers that look like trailing flowers. Bought in clearance for £12 and get surprised looks when I say they’re from QVC.

I’m a philistine when it comes to real stones. Yes I do have a few nice pieces but I think the majority is Diamonique. I love sparkly jewellery and my friends and family know I couldn’t afford diamonds so I buy what I like and can afford. Often get compliments n my earrings. The pair I get most comments on is a pair of ear climbers that look like trailing flowers. Bought in clearance for £12 and get surprised looks when I say they’re from QVC.
I've sold all my decent jewelry. I'd much rather have the money. I've only kept back a pair of QVC earrings I bought a stone's age ago. Garnet set in 14 K gold, back when they sold quality at a good price. Diamonique is quite good enough for me these days.

I know for years on this forum we have dissed diamonique but so many of us own it for many years, still wear and enjoy.

Some months back I bought a silver diamonique ring on offer, it was £16+ it sparkling like mad. I swear I could stand outside the high-end jewellers in city centre and my ring would look as good as their ££££s diamond rings.

My fiancee and I spent ages looking for her engagement ring, visiting shops in Cardiff, Swansea, Bristol etc, as she was very fussy about what she wanted.

We both chose a crossover 2 stone ring, one stone a largish looking diamond, the other a same size sapphire, a fairly light blue so it really sparkled. An 18ct gold band with a platinum setting.

I remember how much I paid for it MANY years ago, so used an inflation calculator to see how much the equivalent would be today. It would be about £700, would this be the sort of price people would pay today for an engagement ring?

BTW she has given it to my daughter.

Talking of diamonds is any one watching Joan on tv🙂
It's on my list Lynn but I'm not starting anything new yet because the new season of The Lincoln Lawyer is dropping on Netflix tomorrow so I'm holding out for that.
The whole of my team watches it so we've all made a pact to watch all episodes between tomorrow and next Tuesday so that we can discuss it without having to worry about giving away any spoilers. 😂😂

Latest posts

Back