La Diva - what is SHE wearing!!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I just went in search of the product videos expecting to see some ghastly ensemble making JR look like mutton dressed as chavvy lamb:cheeky: Instead, what I saw was a very smart JR in a lovely, age appropriate, black dress with tights and boots. I think she looked great! DRess probably not my cup of tea, but it suits her figure, she didn't have anything hanging out and it showed off her fab arms! Can't see anything wrong with it other than putting it down to individual taste. I hope that I can still get away with outfits like this at her age - good on her. :rock:

For those that didn't see her...

I thought the same. I'm a year older than Julia and I wish I could still wear that type of outfit.

I actually thought she looked really lovely! The dress and tights were smart and showed off her figure. She often wears giant flowery numbers which I don't think suit her at all but i thought she looked really good in that outfit.

Tx

Max Wall was exactly my thought.
I believe every presenter should have a poster of him in their dressing room so they can take an objective look at what they are wearing.
I have looked at myself sometimes in too tight black trousers and burst out laughing,perhaps they don't have full length mirrors at QVC.

Don't usually comment on Julia but I thought she looked pretty good. Anything is better than the toe-post sandal/leggings look she usually sports! Nice to see her wearing something different.

I just went in search of the product videos expecting to see some ghastly ensemble making JR look like mutton dressed as chavvy lamb:cheeky: Instead, what I saw was a very smart JR in a lovely, age appropriate, black dress with tights and boots. I think she looked great! DRess probably not my cup of tea, but it suits her figure, she didn't have anything hanging out and it showed off her fab arms! Can't see anything wrong with it other than putting it down to individual taste. I hope that I can still get away with outfits like this at her age - good on her. :rock:

For those that didn't see her...
I think the dress was too short for her, the same goes for Kathy Taylor when she wears that black skirt.

Don't usually comment on Julia but I thought she looked pretty good. Anything is better than the toe-post sandal/leggings look she usually sports! Nice to see her wearing something different.
Well they're back in the Spanx show and look more hideous than ever. She's got the zips undone too much and it just accentuates her short legs. And somebody tell her the Spanx ain't working as well as it did. :grin:

I'm certainly not jealous of HRH, I am exactly the same age as she is..............................and I know my limits. Methinks the ladies who think her arms are looking good need to pay a visit to Specsavers, they are an absolute NO NO. I admire that she has managed to lose the weight she had gained, but bare arms on a woman in her fifties just does not look good. Like I said in a previous post the biceps are ok, but the triceps the baggy bit underneath are a complete turn off.

JEALOUS I AM NOT...................................A BITCH, I PROBABLY AM (LOL)

I didn't see the presentation, but from looking at the pic posted earlier in the thread, I think she looks fabulous. I'm afraid I'm not into this dressing a certain way, or having your hair a certain length once you get to "a certain age", some people look frumpy and old in their thirties, some women in their sixties and seventies look much younger than their years, and far more glam than the youngsters.
I think Julia and Catherine are very attractive women, and their weight loss looks great, too. I know I take the wee wee out of all the presenters in my flight of fancy threads, but I'll give credit where it's due, and I do admire the way these two presenters look, even if I send them up something rotten in threads like the 'night in the cells with the QVC-ers'.

Reading through this thread it seems we have very different views of how a 'woman of a certain age' should be turned out, which is really good. The world would be a very boring place if we all dressed the same. I stick to my post above though. Upper arms, shoulders and legs above the kneecap are a definite no-no. Also anything more than the slightest hint of a cleavage shouldn't be seen in public. It's all about style and knowing what looks classy, irrespective of body shape or size.

At the end of the day, it's how we feel comfortable. I wouldn't show any cleavage, A - because I haven't got any lol, and B - I don't particularly think it's an attractive look on anyone. To me the cut, and style of an outfit is ruined by the sight of a pair of "angry breasts" trying to break loose!...but each to their own eh?

Julia is obviously thrilled with her weightloss, and feels great in her skinny jeans, good on her. I was watching last night and they showed a clip of her last year, to which she said...That was me, two stone heavier!!!! Personally I thought she looked heaps better before, but she probably feels much healthier and happier now and would probably baulk at the idea of putting a few pounds back on...so if she's happy then so be it!

But the one thing I would like to say, and maybe shouldn't is "Lose those shoes, love!"
There is no excuse for hideous clodhoppers like that...this is not an age issue as I cannot think of a single person, or style of clothing that they would suit!

Julia is obviously thrilled with her weightloss, and feels great in her skinny jeans, good on her. I was watching last night and they showed a clip of her last year, to which she said...That was me, two stone heavier!!!! Personally I thought she looked heaps better before, but she probably feels much healthier and happier now and would probably baulk at the idea of putting a few pounds back on...so if she's happy then so be it!
I only skip in and out of QVC and rarely watch a whole show but even on the occasions I do tune in I'm sick of hearing about her ****** weight loss. Ok Queenie we get the message, you've lost weight, now get over it and stop fishing for compliments. :dull: Personally Merryone I think she looked heaps younger before and the thing is even if she puts the weight back on she will never get back that pre weight loss skin elasticity again.
mysmilie_55.gif

goodness, arent there an AWFUL lot of jealous witches in ST.com-land? :giggle:

Why on earth should we be jealous of an attention seeking emotionally insecure tv presenter, imo someone close should tell her to grow up and act her age and stop embarrassing herself.:mysmilie_845:

There is no way that I am jealous of JR. Yes she is entitled to wear what she wants, but come on she is on telly and should dress appropriately!! Yes she has a lot of weight as she keeps reminding us, but wearing "jeggings" does nothing for her!! The money she must earn I am sure she could afford a decent pair of shoes. One thing I do find strange is if she is also presenting a TSV which is also shown on The Zone on ITV she is dressed immaculate. Do we not deserve the same respect as QVC viewers!!

Firstly good on JR for the weight loss and good on her for feeling confident about her appearance....but I think sometimes her outfits are awful and very unflattering.

Take the outfit in yesterdays Spanx show.
In my opinion those god awful black tight legged jeans do not suit her shape and are cut too low on the hip emphasising her muffin top, and make her look very short .The vest top was too low cut and the shrug she wore just was another layer that made her look long in the body and short in the leg.

She is lovely and slim and in the right cut of jeans could look really good.
Sometimes she wears an outfit and gets it right but I think often her choices are misguided and a liitle on the young side,but I doubt she will change!

Latest posts

Back