L’Occitane in Russia

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thanks for the tip, Vienna. My two (cheap) protest purchases have just arrived. Heathcote & Ivory Gardeners is not one for repurchase I think. It has a strongish rhubarb smell and texture is a bit meh. However, Body & Earth trio of 60ml seems a better prospect, nice texture, pleasant smell. I have bookmarked Naturally European for later use.

Someone has posted on their FB, “Do your products hide the stench of death and desperation?”!!!!!!! There are photos of bombed out ruins in the responses. I mean how can they just stay silent. This morning there had been no responses on Trustpilot for a week. Talk about showing your true colours, and they aren't yellow and blue that’s for sure.

Last edited:
Considering how much stuff is made in China and most Chinese companies are still trading with Russia it’s possible we are unknowingly supporting other companies.
I note L’occitane say they are worried about 700 Russian employees but I wonder how these numbers compare to worldwide jobs at danger if this boycott continues for any length of time
Couldn’t they just furlough the 700? It would be a drop in the ocean compared to the worldwide custom going down the toilet. It’s just excuses but they’ll have to take action soon. Trust pilot has some choice remarks.

I`ve had this brand which contain 20% shea. I was given a set containing 3 mini handcreams and found them quite good. I must admit I am lazy with my hand care and happily use any cream or lotion.
I tried the Naturally European brand ages - one of those made by the Somerset group - both their hand cream and their body creams.

Think they’re trying to be a rip-off of L’Occitane in simular scents, metal packaging and Shea base etc.

I thought they were good but not as good as L’occitane.
Def oilier and I’ve noticed it’s not that much cheaper either now! (75ml seems to be £8.50+ most places and L’Occitane one is £17 on amazon atm. Though obviously point is not to buy that!)

Beauty Naturals often does offers on it - and has House or Bath ones and Aroma A ones too (all part of same group).

Last edited:
I missed it online but someone kindly found it for me in store today so others may be lucky too?
It’s meant to be used as footcream but I don’t see why it couldn’t be used as hand cream...

Again it’s a rip off of L’Occitane - even more so from seeing it with its box etc.

Not tried it yet! £2.99 for 125ml :)

Forgot to add a couple of people have recommended Marks Apothecary hand creams...
£4 75ml metal tube - they have seed oils and Shea and nice natural scents etc.
Think they also do hand lotions in big pumps...

If you want a Handcream thats really moisturising and smells heavily of Neroli this is fabulous. It goes on like a balm then softens as you rub it in its melts leaving a gorgeous heavy scent of Neroli. Much nicer imo then L'Occitane shea butter which is imo not moisturising enough. hbp60517671

If you want a Handcream thats really moisturising and smells heavily of Neroli this is fabulous. It goes on like a balm then softens as you rub it in its melts leaving a gorgeous heavy scent of Neroli. Much nicer imo then L'Occitane shea butter which is imo not moisturising enough. hbp60517671
Saw that one and I like a balm plus I do love neroli so think I will try it next! (I do love the L’Occitane one sadly!)

Saw that one and I like a balm plus I do love neroli so think I will try it next! (I do love the L’Occitane one sadly!)
They are very different. Obviously the smell but the M&S one Starts off watery( I think) very hydrating then turns into a balm may be the other wa round lol. Its very nice specially for the price.

I’m going to investigate those Marks Apothecary ones. I have £4 in vouchers to spend and want to get an Autograph primer as well so could do a click and collect as Kingston had absolutely no Autograph stock to speak of last week. I’ll have a read! Thanks for the tip.

People power!!! No need for me to picket my local shop now. (That’s a joke!) I do also have two further hand creams on order so it will be a while before I need more of theirs, 😂😂. I might save my other L’Occitane ones for the winter and use the alternatives through the summer when my hands aren’t so dry. It’s been interesting to look at the other options though.

Latest posts

Back