KitchenAid - Badly Prepared!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
For a food preparation show ive rarely seen such a shambolic effort as the KitchenAid show today.

Machines with no electrical supply.
Nothing with which to wipe dough covered fingers.
No plate for cheesecake to be eaten from so presented to Daw-bags on a plate the size of a bin lid.
No spatula with which to spread icing, so lets just use a teaspoon and look REALLY unprofessional eh.

The whole thing looks like its been thrown together. And to top it theyve just made buttercream icing, put the icing sugar and butter in the bowl, switched on and guess what happened.... yep, you could hardly see them for a good 3 minutes as clouds of powder gushed up from the bowl and whilst the icing steadfastly refused to combine with the butter. Clearly the butter wasnt soft enough, even i know this and i've never made buttercream in my life. As we all watched for what seemed like hours, the guest started adding more and more pink food colouring, desperately trying to get the damned thing to come together. Eventaully it did, to the visible relief of all concerned. By this time the whole mess was the colour of blood. That's when Hallowee'n parties came up....

I'm behind a cushion for the rest of the hour.

looks like someone upstairs agreed... they just pulled the show early and started the KVZ hour. The KitchenAid machine had sold out but they were presenting a pasta machine which hasnt.

I'll be surprised if thats a guest we see back on air again!

Great post, BurlyBeaR :)

Oooooooohhh, I'm sorry I missed this! I watch QVC for moments like this...thanks for the post BurlyBeaR, it didn't half make me laugh. (I'm a bad woman)
smilies_smaulies027.gif

Fair dues to you Burlz, I still haven't recovered enough to have been able to describe the shambles to anyone.
I also thought making fun of American accents wasn't the best of ideas, it's different when an American has a laugh about it but since QVC and Kitchenaid are American companies it just seemed a bit daft.
It honestly appeared that the guest had never used the machine before and possibly had never cooked before, it was like something from a Marx Bros. movie.

Honestly SS it was so bad it wasn't even funny at the end. All of a sudden Kenwood look more appealing to me and until today I always hankered after a Kitchen Aid.

For a food preparation show ive rarely seen such a shambolic effort as the KitchenAid show today.

Machines with no electrical supply.
Nothing with which to wipe dough covered fingers.
No plate for cheesecake to be eaten from so presented to Daw-bags on a plate the size of a bin lid.
No spatula with which to spread icing, so lets just use a teaspoon and look REALLY unprofessional eh.

The whole thing looks like its been thrown together. And to top it theyve just made buttercream icing, put the icing sugar and butter in the bowl, switched on and guess what happened.... yep, you could hardly see them for a good 3 minutes as clouds of powder gushed up from the bowl and whilst the icing steadfastly refused to combine with the butter. Clearly the butter wasnt soft enough, even i know this and i've never made buttercream in my life. As we all watched for what seemed like hours, the guest started adding more and more pink food colouring, desperately trying to get the damned thing to come together. Eventaully it did, to the visible relief of all concerned. By this time the whole mess was the colour of blood. That's when Hallowee'n parties came up....

I'm behind a cushion for the rest of the hour.

I wish that I had seen that!!

Honestly SS it was so bad it wasn't even funny at the end. All of a sudden Kenwood look more appealing to me and until today I always hankered after a Kitchen Aid.

Same here, Vampy, to the extent that I meant to skyplus the show (OH at home with cold, and QVC-watching is banned when he's around); it's probably I good thing that I forgot to tape it then, as my Kitchen Aid fantasies are left unspoilt! xxx

Same here, Vampy, to the extent that I meant to skyplus the show (OH at home with cold, and QVC-watching is banned when he's around); it's probably I good thing that I forgot to tape it then, as my Kitchen Aid fantasies are left unspoilt! xxx

If I ever became spectacularly rich (it would be a ****** miracle) I would spend the obscene amount of money it costs on a Kenwood Cooking Chef. Being a saucy girl at heart I'm sure I could make great use of just such a contraption:tongue2:

I didn't see the show - I wish I had. I have got a Kitchenaid and TBH It's fantastic. I use it loads - it does wonderful mashed potato. At Christmas it was a godsend with all the baking. It was a lot of money but I think it's worth it.

Ann xx

the machine looked good enough, it was the presentation that was lacking. and vampyre i agree about making fun of the american accents... ok, mention the fact that they call buttercream "fraaaasstiiiing" once but to continue it like they did felt a tad uncomfortable.

can you believe a kitchen appliance presentation for a full hour, where there arent enough electrical sockets to plug the things in?

shoddy!

I didn't see the show - I wish I had. I have got a Kitchenaid and TBH It's fantastic. I use it loads - it does wonderful mashed potato. At Christmas it was a godsend with all the baking. It was a lot of money but I think it's worth it.

Ann xx

I'd have to agree Annie, I've had my Kitchen Aid about 12 years now and wouldn't be without it. I was hoping for some decent accessories but there are a grand total of three items on the website including the machine itself, hardly enough for a whole programme surely? What a waste of time. :wonder2:

And that, Vampyre, is what I suspect they wanted to happen: do down US brand in to make UK brands look better (I think Kenwood is a uk brand isn't it?)! (QVC is a US company, but THIS is QVC UK we're watching... ) Kitchen Aid is an excellent brand - I have one of their blenders and it's excellent: robust and stylish!

And that, Vampyre, is what I suspect they wanted to happen: do down US brand in to make UK brands look better (I think Kenwood is a uk brand isn't it?)! (QVC is a US company, but THIS is QVC UK we're watching... ) Kitchen Aid is an excellent brand - I have one of their blenders and it's excellent: robust and stylish!

Many who post here are very much of the opinion that QVCUK is run in a very pro American brand way. Plenty of popular British ranges got the elbow to be replaced by US products after the takeover.

Kitchen Aid has always been a respected brand but today they just couldn't beat the odds (nd oddities that presented) on qvc.

choppy thanks for posting the link it was brilliant. I love it when everything goes wrong.

Last edited:
i have not switched QVC on in ages....running around trying to get life together is turning into a full-time job...but I so love this forum and thank-you for starting this thread BurlyBear...as ever, I feel a part of the fun and it sounds v funny....the only thing that would make it funnier is if someone like a real viewer called in to ask if these things are really supposed to look as bad as they sometimes appear to...I live for the presentation when this does happen...

Latest posts

Back