Item Number: 808638
QVC Price £279.00
Todays Special Value Price £199.98
P&P £0.00

Recipe: traditional spiced kedgeree with steamed s
Recipe: Mary's fruit cake
Recipe: minced meat and almond torte
Recipe: turkey and black bean chilli

This versatile Le Creuset casserole comes with a reversible lid so you can use it as a classic casserole, an open cooking pot or use the lid as a baking dish for a wide variety of delicious meals. Cook up a storm for friends and family with this durable, triple duty casserole.

All in one – make tender, slow-cooked favourites with the lid on, or use the pot alone for sautéing, braising, baking and roasting food on the hob or in the oven. Alternatively, if you’re in the mood for pizza or quiche, simply the flip the lid over and use it as a baking tray. There are so many options, and the all-in-one design saves space when storing!

Quality cookware – this Le Creuset casserole is cast iron and distributes and retains heat evenly for superb cooking results, while keeping dishes warmer for longer at the table. What’s more, the durable enamelled surfaces resist chipping and staining and are easy to clean.

The cool tool – it comes with a heat-resistant Silicone Cool Tool - a highly versatile way to protect surfaces from heat. The tool can also be used as an anti-slip mat under cutting boards and bowls, a pot holder for handling warm cookware and a gripper for opening jars and containers.

A lovely gift – with five different colour options, this casserole will make a great present for someone special this Christmas. Choose an option that complements their kitchen colour scheme and watch their eyes light up!

Le Creuset offers a lifetime guarantee
Oven and grill safe
Non-stick surface
Large, easy-grip handles
Diameter: 26cm (10.2”)
Capacity: 3.8L

Colour options:

Flint with Black Cool Tool
Volcanic with Volcanic Cool Tool
Marine with Blue Cool Tool
Almond with Cerise Cool Tool
Cerise with Cerise Cool Tool

Contains:

1 x Le Creuset Signature Cast Iron 24cm (9.4”) Round Casserole with the Le Creuset Stay Cool Tool
1 x Care and use booklet

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.808638

£200 for a casserole dish? I know it's Le Creuset and I know it's a posh brand and good quality but the price is huge.

CC

Will they be providing a crane to lift it?

We've bought lots of different casserole dishes over the years. Different prices & varying quality. But none of them are as good as Le Creuset. Yes, they are heavy, and yes they are expensive. But you get what you pay for. They're definitely the best I've come across.

years and years ago I bought their pan spending far more than I could afford and found it was too heavy to handle and even more annoying everything stuck to it. One of my Worst purchase .

This woman presenting the TSV is annoying me to death. They all do it - they have all the ingredients ready prepared in piles or containers to the side of the pot, and chuck them in in quick succession, saying “just line the dish with pastry (it’s already lined when we see it), then add mincemeat, spread the crumble on top, sprinkle with flaked almonds and you’re done - so simple”. Well, of course it’s simple and only takes 20 seconds to put together when you’ve had all afternoon to make the pastry, roll it out, prepare the crumble, etc.

Pyrex is my thing, I love all things Pyrex. I couldn’t use this type of kitchen ware even if I wanted to, way too heavy.

Everything the demonstrator is doing in that £200 pan, I can do in mine and yes you do get what you pay for but a lot of the time you can also get a lot more for paying a lot less.

Will they be providing a crane to lift it?

I always knew they were heavy, however,I had no idea just how unwieldy they are until I started looking after our granddaughter two days a week at our daughter's home. They had a full set as a wedding gift & love them. I'm quite clumsy & the thought of dropping any of them near a toddler or their cats has scared me so much I've started taking my own stuff over.

No wonder her Le Creuset set has lasted 25 years, it’ll probably last 125 years, she never uses it.

The woman who was on the first series of GBBO was doing a demo of the omlette maker & explained how to use it to make a cake. "Weigh an egg in its shell" she said to which Jill Franks replied "I'm lost already" :mysmilie_47:

The woman who was on the first series of GBBO was doing a demo of the omlette maker & explained how to use it to make a cake. "Weigh an egg in its shell" she said to which Jill Franks replied "I'm lost already" :mysmilie_47:

Oh blimey! You couldn’t make it up. :mysmilie_15:

Back in the 80s my late Mum won a set of Le Creuset in a cookery competition (crazy as my Dad did all the cooking) and it was the classic Volcanic orange shade but was light-weight made of aluminium I think. It's the only set of it's kind I've ever seen then or since so maybe they were offloading the sets as abandoned prototypes. I think my brother has them now as they match the iron ones he got as wedding presents.

The iron ones, even when empty would be too heavy for me too.

I bought a few pans and a large casserole dish in red cast iron, but even with me being a "strong man" they are so difficult to lift, and especially pour, when full. I only bought them because they were greatly reduced in Debenhams xmas sale about 25 years ago. And in one of the pans, the internal enamel quickly went dull instead of the original glossy.

I still use them though, as they have outlasted my other saucepans.

This woman presenting the TSV is annoying me to death. They all do it - they have all the ingredients ready prepared in piles or containers to the side of the pot, and chuck them in in quick succession, saying “just line the dish with pastry (it’s already lined when we see it), then add mincemeat, spread the crumble on top, sprinkle with flaked almonds and you’re done - so simple”. Well, of course it’s simple and only takes 20 seconds to put together when you’ve had all afternoon to make the pastry, roll it out, prepare the crumble, etc.

It’s even quicker to open a box:mysmilie_11:

I see that FLINT has sold out first LOL. Did she autograph it I wonder?

They were saying they had a lifetime guarantee, so I will have to check this out to see if I can get the one with the dull glaze (internal) replaced.

Would cost a fortune to send it back though, because of the weight.

Last edited by a moderator:
After a gym membership with a personal trainer to build up my muscles to be able to use them plus the cost of these items I would be bankrupt so couldn’t afford the food to cook in them.

I see that FLINT has sold out first LOL. Did she autograph it I wonder?

They were saying they had a lifetime guarantee, so I will have to check this out to see if I can get the one with the dull glaze (internal) replaced.

Would cost a fortune to send it back though, because of the weight.

Thanks for this post Alan, it's reminded me to ask about Cooks Essentials...off to start a new thread. Cheers!

Latest posts

Back