Kitchen Aid vs Kenwood?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tangle foot

Registered Shopper
Hi, My poor old mixer is slowly coming to an end. I see that there is a Kitchenaid show this evening but are they as a good as a Kenwood? I'm very attracted to the colours of the artisan which doesn't help me be "sensible" lol.

I wondered what other forum members thought. Any help appreciated.

:mysmilie_508: in advance.

KitchenAids are really good - otherwise you wouldn't see so many professionals using them. The motor has less wattage than a lot of Kenwood machines but is still very strong and the planetary system that rotates the whisk is really clever. QVC usually has the K45 classic in their offers, which is slightly weaker & comes with a smaller bowl than the Artisan machines - it also only comes in white. You can get that machine, with the standard whisk & knead attachments - for under 290£ from amazon.

Hi, My poor old mixer is slowly coming to an end. I see that there is a Kitchenaid show this evening but are they as a good as a Kenwood? I'm very attracted to the colours of the artisan which doesn't help me be "sensible" lol.

I wondered what other forum members thought. Any help appreciated.

:mysmilie_508: in advance.

My friend has a Kitchenaid and she says it's not as powerful as her very old Kenwood. I bought a Kenwood kmix last year and absolutely love it. The kitchenaid model (K45) they're selling on QVC for £367.27 (including a whopping £9 P&P) has a 250W motor. Just looked on Amazon now and the black kmix I've got which has double the power (a 500W motor), is selling at £246.84 with free prime delivery. Incidentally the Kitchenaid K45 is selling on Amazon for £287.99. The 'hot pick' one on the Q has 2 attachments and on easy pay at £396.84 plus P&P. Hope that helps.

I'v'e got a Kenwood which is brilliant. I looked at reviews for this and the KitchenAid and was swayed by the more powerful motor in the Kenwood and the lower price. Good luck.

I've got a black Kitchen Aid and I wouldn't be without it!! I love it. Sorry this probably doesn't help you as people have their own favourites!!

That's what I found, really, though. I know someone who decided for a Kenwood and then swapped it for a KA within months, I know others that are dedicated to their Kenwoods completely. Both groups include quite a number of people with cake businesses so they need their machines to be powerful & reliable. It really comes down to personal preference.

My nan had a Kenwood and my mum had a Kenwood, my nan has been dead abot 10 years and her Kenwood packed up about 4 years ago (she had since the beginning of her marriage and nan and grandad were together nearly 50 years) so I prefer Kenwood xxxxx

You mentioned above that you were quite taken with the colours of the kitchenaid. The kenwood kmix that I have in black and stainless steel, which visitors to my house all say looks absolutely gorgeous, is also done in pink, almond and rasberry.

I think the answer is, don't be taken in by the sales pitch on the QVC 9 o'clock show and do your homework to find which one suits you. I'm biased of course but I think Tangle foot should go for the kenwood kmix :wink:

You mentioned above that you were quite taken with the colours of the kitchenaid. The kenwood kmix that I have in black and stainless steel, which visitors to my house all say looks absolutely gorgeous, is also done in pink, almond and rasberry.

I think the answer is, don't be taken in by the sales pitch on the QVC 9 o'clock show and do your homework to find which one suits you. I'm biased of course but I think Tangle foot should go for the kenwood kmix :wink:

I do like the look of the Kitchenaid but I also like the KMix, but which is best?
There's only one way to find out....
FIIIIIIGGGGHHHHT.

Seriously though, I do think the KMix look pretty stylish, havent looked into the motorage power and such though tbh. I got the KMix hand mixer for chrimbo and its v. nice.
And as for the Kitchenaids on La Q, they do seem dearer than elsewhere. OK so you get a few attachments but would you really use an ice cream maker with it??

I have a Kenwood which I got off Amazon - they have good prices on there I think ours was £50-£60 less than the shops. You can also read the reviews on there for all the machines which does help.

Thank you everyone for your helpful replies. Artemis your artisan is a gorgeous colour! I do love the colours they come in but.......... My friend swears by hers and I suppose I can always visit hers lol. It's very true what one likes another won't it's all about personal preference I guess.

Watched the Kitchenaid hour for info but that model isn't for me and certainly not at that price. The attachments weren't such a selling point for me either. Plus the fact that it's a) cheaper elsewhere and b) the ruddy postage costs! I know lots of professionals use them and they are in all the cooking shows(Great British bake off for 1). Cynically, I wondered if that wasn't as much about styling the programme as the performance of the machine. Nice to see Julian though.

I'm doing some more research via Amazon and think it will probably be the Kmix which I go for in the end once I've stopped dithering about the colours! The black would go with the kitchen but the red I can hear calling me in the distance lol.

Thanks once again for your imput.

IMO depends on your needs

Thank you everyone for your helpful replies. Artemis your artisan is a gorgeous colour! I do love the colours they come in but.......... My friend swears by hers and I suppose I can always visit hers lol. It's very true what one likes another won't it's all about personal preference I guess.

Watched the Kitchenaid hour for info but that model isn't for me and certainly not at that price. The attachments weren't such a selling point for me either. Plus the fact that it's a) cheaper elsewhere and b) the ruddy postage costs! I know lots of professionals use them and they are in all the cooking shows(Great British bake off for 1). Cynically, I wondered if that wasn't as much about styling the programme as the performance of the machine. Nice to see Julian though.

I'm doing some more research via Amazon and think it will probably be the Kmix which I go for in the end once I've stopped dithering about the colours! The black would go with the kitchen but the red I can hear calling me in the distance lol.

Thanks once again for your imput.

just wanted to add my voice to the discussionand and hopefully be of some help.

i do alot of baking from home and bake quiet alot of fruit cakes , general baking and deserts. i had a kenwood major i purchased about 20 years ago and it is still a great workhorse. the thing that i like is that if like me you make alot of heave cakes (14"regularly )the higher power in the kenwood motors seem to be able to cope very well. i purchased the new kenwood 020 titanium last year as i have been in love with it since i saw it advertised (how sad):smirk: i know its not cheap but i got it from AMAZON £320 compared to the rip off price of over €700 here in eire.:angry::angry::angry:

IMO you just need to see what you mainly make/bake? if you will be doing a little bit each week for family/hobby then a kmix or cheaper kw chef around £150 ish on AMAZON yould be fine or a kitchen aid as their wattage is low.

if you do alot of baking and intend to buy attachments then i would suggest the KW 010 titanium which is normal chef size or if you need a larger more powerful (1500 watts) one the 020 titanium is about major size and is just brilliant and has coped with all i have thrown at it so far.

i am not rubbishing the kitchen aid as it seems to be a solid strong mixer with a great heritage but the motor wattage is IMO not great if doing alot of baking or making heavy mixes.

check AMAZON for reviews especially the two titaniums i have mentioned above.hope this helps and does'nt confuse you more with your purchase

Your voice was/is very helpful Mak. Thank you.

You've given me some good food for thought - no pun intended :thinking:

happy to help

no problem tangle , happy to help. its an investment and you need to get the right machine for you specific needs .

happy shopping / baking:cake::cake::cake:

Latest posts

Back