kipling tsv, any ideas?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes Topaz, I'd looked for them too.
They once had one on QVC but it sold out PDQ.
I think it's fairly difficult to get one the exact right size for all bags (if you know what I mean?)

That's why I hesitated over the Tchibo one. Still, if QVC take note of all the scathing reviews on the Kipling bag, as regards lack of lining, they may bring back the liner.

OK so I still have this TSV on cheque hold and now dont know what to do, I liked the size of it for when I'm away for the weekend as and extra bag to my little case, but seems you lot are not so keen on the quality.

Just wanted to say that I totally love mine and I'm keeping both (Najia Pink and Najia Berry). Okay so some more lining and a key fob would have been nice, but it's still a bargain Kipling bag for it's size and I'm finding the size ideal :)

So, mixed reviews for the TSV, it would appear... I received my OTO Gorilla Girlz Kirabo in black yesterday (which incidentally is still showing at the OTO price) and I totally love it! Small and light but can fit all my stuff in it (and for some unfathomable reason, I seem to lugg a lot around with me:cheeky:). Very pleased!:flower:

So, mixed reviews for the TSV, it would appear... I received my OTO Gorilla Girlz Kirabo in black yesterday (which incidentally is still showing at the OTO price) and I totally love it! Small and light but can fit all my stuff in it (and for some unfathomable reason, I seem to lugg a lot around with me:cheeky:). Very pleased!:flower:

Just tried searching for that bag under 'Kirabo' and it doesnt come up, do you have the item number please?

Eldest DD had the Magnetic Purple one & loves it! She wouldn't have paid 50/60 quid for it but thought it very reasonable for 32 quid! That sort of purpley blue ultramarine colour is one of her favourites too, so she's very happy with it!
(First thing she did though, before inspecting any of the pockets, was to make sure monkey was sucking his thumb......get your priorities right, eh? lol)

Just got mine in magnetic purple, I'm not too sure about it, the lack of lining makes it feel a bit cheap, its a nice colour, a deep purple, but in some lights can look bluish. Its about the same size as a defea/delta, but with a front and back compartments. Its sitting beside my defea, but I'm not sure its quite the same quality, but think thats the lack of lining and the velcro fastenings. Will give it a try out and about.

What do think now you've had a few days to try it out?

I have just tried out using my milos bag as a liner/organiser for my new jacqueline and it works really well, so that's a few quid saved!!

I love my Milos bag, that and a local bag were my first Kiplings. I use my milos every day, and when I'm at work (I have a bigger bag for that, I detach the strap and just pop my milos into my work bag so no swapping things around. Fab isn't it!

Thanks I like the polka dot ones but not sure about the plain. At the moment I've given up on wearing shoulder bags as my shoulders seem to ache really quickly, I had them for lots of years and would still use one for a night out, but not for daily use. After being introduced to the milos a couple of months back I haven't looked back and its cross body all the way for me now! LOL

I know what you mean Choppysocks, that's why I like the Kirabo, because it is a shoulder bag, but it's ever so light. However, having recently bought myself a Local (my introduction to Kipling), I can see where you're coming from!! :happy:

Can anyone tell me if the Jacquiline (this TSV) is bigger than the Follo? I want the bag to supplement a weekend small case and carry things like toiletries/cosmetics etc... so I just pop my clothes in my small case.

Which do you think would be best, I see they both pretty much get the same sort of reviews on QVC.

Thanks in advance.

I have the Follo and I love it. I bought my niece the TSV and saw it yesterday and it is much bigger than the Follo. I am on waitlist for the TSV in black, but it still says awaiting stock even though when you check what is in stock there is a tick against black - can't work it out?

Can anyone tell me if the Jacquiline (this TSV) is bigger than the Follo? I want the bag to supplement a weekend small case and carry things like toiletries/cosmetics etc... so I just pop my clothes in my small case.

Which do you think would be best, I see they both pretty much get the same sort of reviews on QVC.

Thanks in advance.

I have both and the TSV bag is definitely a lot bigger than the Follo. Hope that helps :)

Hi everyone :hi: just to add my tuppence worth
i got the tsv in the black and have been using it for a few days now I really like it , ive had a few kipling bags over the years and needed a bag just for day to day going to work etc and it fits the bill so i'm well happy,

Regarding the quality of the lining on the TSV, i checked one of my original kipling bags which came from the basic range and cost about £50. It is only lined on the side where the zipped security pocket is and the phone pocket is simply stitched onto an unlined part of the bag as described by purchasers of the TSV. I'm therefore thinking the quality of the TSV is similar to other kiplings in the basic range ?.

What do think now you've had a few days to try it out?

I love my Milos bag, that and a local bag were my first Kiplings. I use my milos every day, and when I'm at work (I have a bigger bag for that, I detach the strap and just pop my milos into my work bag so no swapping things around. Fab isn't it!

Still undecided, it looks good,its a great size, but had it opened yesterday while paying for things and thought the half lining in the main compartment looked very cheap, and the zip stuck!! 80% sure its going back.

Last edited:

Thanks for that SS, I ordered the Kirabo in Grey yesterday (waitlist at the OTO price). I'm wondering if QVC will honour that price or if I'll get the usual cancellation email in 90 days.

I am going to road test the TSV today for the first time. I will report back later.

Ok, on the plus side,the bag is a good size and the pockets are usefull and I could get a lot of stuff in in it. When I looked in the shop that sells Kipling bags similar ones were about £55.00. The purple colour was in the front of the display so it is this seasons shade. It felt comfy across my shoulder and was light to start with.

On the minus side, the bottom sagged a bit (no smart comments thank you) when I put some bits in it and when I used the shoulder strap it gaped a bit on the velcro side. It also went a bit lop sided so I needed to ditribute my stuff evenly.

On the whole I am quite pleased with it and will be keeping it and would give it 7 out of 10.

Latest posts

Back