kipling tsv, any ideas?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mine has arrived too. I ordered the Berry Najia print, which was the one exclusive to QVC. Can I ask, do the other colours that were not made especially for QVC have more of the compartments lined? I am finding this one a bit thin seeing as only the back panel of the main section is lined. I like it, but I must admit I'm a bit disapointed. I have filled it with my usual half a ton of stuff I take to work and I'm not impressed - it keeps falling over! Perhaps it's because I have not put a litre of Evian and a box full of nuts in it yet!

Hi - new here. I have received my Kipling TSV today as well - in the najia pink colour (they had already sold out of the purple and najia berry by the time I had a chance to have a look at the TSV - one of those colours would have been my first choice). However, the pink print is nice and it's a nice bag, but I am also very disappointed that the bag is only lined on one side of the main compartment and the base. I have never seen a Kipling bag unlined before - they did not mention that on the TSV launch did they! I will probably keep as it is a nice bag, but it's annoying that this was not pointed out.:wave2:

Hi - new here. I have received my Kipling TSV today as well - in the najia pink colour (they had already sold out of the purple and najia berry by the time I had a chance to have a look at the TSV - one of those colours would have been my first choice). However, the pink print is nice and it's a nice bag, but I am also very disappointed that the bag is only lined on one side of the main compartment and the base. I have never seen a Kipling bag unlined before - they did not mention that on the TSV launch did they! I will probably keep as it is a nice bag, but it's annoying that this was not pointed out.:wave2:

Thanks for that Purple Claire. I do like the bag from the outside, so will keep it, but I think we all now know why it was such a good price! They certainly didn't mention that it wasn't lined, when the waterproof lining is something they usually bang on about all the time! Enjoy your bag!!

I have just tried out using my milos bag as a liner/organiser for my new jacqueline and it works really well, so that's a few quid saved!!

Mine has arrived too. I ordered the Berry Najia print, which was the one exclusive to QVC. Can I ask, do the other colours that were not made especially for QVC have more of the compartments lined? I am finding this one a bit thin seeing as only the back panel of the main section is lined. I like it, but I must admit I'm a bit disapointed. I have filled it with my usual half a ton of stuff I take to work and I'm not impressed - it keeps falling over! Perhaps it's because I have not put a litre of Evian and a box full of nuts in it yet!

my understanding is that it is the bag design iteslf which is exclusive to QVC so I guess all of thenm are only half lined, my puprle and pink solids certainly are

Not all Kipling bags are fully lined. Some are, some aren't and some are partially lined.

Hi Purple Claire, welcome to the forum. I got my purple one today, I am not thrilled with it but I am keping it as it is a good size for work and I quite like the colour.

Not all Kipling bags are fully lined. Some are, some aren't and some are partially lined.

Hi Anso
Having over 30 Kipling bags, I have never had one with only one section lined as this one.

Did you purchase the TSV?

Yes I got it in the pink najia (arrived yesterday) and berry najia (arrived today).

You must agree that they have been a bit tight on the lining then. With other Kipling bags they at least line the whole side with the phone pocket in, with these they have just sewn on the pocket! It's a great bag, but from their 'Value Range' made for QVC!

those diagonal straps do work better on a wide bag IMHO...VIP bag liners? that sounds like something i could do with!

nope, just googled, I am soo not in to black or taupe and the price...... :-o

I use one of the old small Puppy toiletry bagds as an organiser that can weasily be moved from bag to bag, it's excellent and I like that it is zipped rather than drawstring! Holds a lot more than you would expect as well.

Another reason I didn't buy it was the diagonal long strap - I like the long straps but IMO they don't sit right when designed like this - I much prefer them side to side IYSWIM?

Just got mine in magnetic purple, I'm not too sure about it, the lack of lining makes it feel a bit cheap, its a nice colour, a deep purple, but in some lights can look bluish. Its about the same size as a defea/delta, but with a front and back compartments. Its sitting beside my defea, but I'm not sure its quite the same quality, but think thats the lack of lining and the velcro fastenings. Will give it a try out and about.

It looked blue on my laptop monitor, dark mauve on my desktop and purple on the telly...I thinl it was Jilly who said it was showing as blue on their studio monitors. It is actually a true purple, neither blue not mauve...more or less the colour of this m and s jumper

Thanks for that Sheila, judging by the negative feedback on the website I think quite a lot of these bags will be returned. I'll probably go for it if it's on easy pay next time.

For those who like their bags properly organised, check out the Tchibo website. A couple of weeks ago they had some bag organisers. You can put all your bits and bobs in the organiser and just transfer if from bag to bag. Sounds like it would be ideal for this particular Kipling bag and provide another layer to replace the lining.

Sold out on Tchibo Topaz.

If you're nimble with a needle and thread or a sewing machine:
http://thegivingflower.de/?p=920

Darn, I knew I should have got one earlier. Thanks for the link Jan, but apart from cross stitiching I'm not that nimble with a needle and thread! I did do an internet search recently for these bag organisers and there are some others out there, but more expensive.

Yes Topaz, I'd looked for them too.
They once had one on QVC but it sold out PDQ.
I think it's fairly difficult to get one the exact right size for all bags (if you know what I mean?)

Have to admit I sent mine back. Loved the purple colour, the size was perfect, but just didn't like the lack of lining and pockets. Oh, and only the main compartment was zipped. Teach me not to "jump to the phones before it sells out!" and really look at it first!

Latest posts

Back