Kipling TSV 08/06/2013

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

i bought the monkey mania in the last TSV.I thought it was white based with neon monkeys....when it actually came its very cream/latte with earth coloured monkeys.

i bought the monkey mania in the last TSV.I thought it was white based with neon monkeys....when it actually came its very cream/latte with earth coloured monkeys.

Yes the "standard/normal" Monkey Mania print is NOT the bright white it appears on TV and on the Internet. The background colour of the print is more of an off white/very light beige colour. Not sure why the Monkey Mania print in particular shows up so different to reality...

The colours are sometimes drastically different onscreen..I bought a Sak leather bag a few months back which looked a bright teal on the tv, but in actual fact is quite a dull shade..can be disappointing, but in this case for me it was ok as I liked the bag and I can live with the more subdued teal!

The colours are sometimes drastically different onscreen..I bought a Sak leather bag a few months back which looked a bright teal on the tv, but in actual fact is quite a dull shade..can be disappointing, but in this case for me it was ok as I liked the bag and I can live with the more subdued teal!

Mmmm it's tricky isn't it?!

I would say nearly always Kipling bags are a little more dark and a little more muted in reality. Remembering that helps me a lot when picking what colour/pattern to go for.

The only patterned one I have is the purple contrast dot (or some such name!) and I like that but mostly I'd go for the plain block colour, always the pinks/blues/purples tho..I'm not a neutrals kinda gal! My last was in Flash Blue, which is gorgeous, but yes, slightly darker than it appeared onscreen.

The only patterned one I have is the purple contrast dot (or some such name!) and I like that but mostly I'd go for the plain block colour, always the pinks/blues/purples tho..I'm not a neutrals kinda gal! My last was in Flash Blue, which is gorgeous, but yes, slightly darker than it appeared onscreen.

That's good to know about the Flash Blue, as on some websites it looks what I'd describe as a bright cobalt/royal blue, but on others it looks much darker, more of an inky blue/purple.

I'm looking at it right now Spartacus and I would say it's purply blue - but it's my sort of colour so I'm happy!

OMG!!!! My TSV just arrived in Turquoise Blue! That was super fast. The design totally makes me think of the Fairfax (but zip instead on flap front pocket) and minus the pockets on the short side.

Also the pics in this thread makes it look like a slightly muted light-to-mid blue to me. Which is not at all the reality. Love it in reality, a very nice bright tealy-green-blue. Very happy!

Last edited:
I'm still waiting for mine! I didn't get on with the fairfax - tried it twice now! but find when I fill the middle,that leaves the outer pockets tights and not able to use....so in a way I hope its better than a faifax! (Or I carry too much around with me :doh: )

With regard to colours,I always try and look at the sheen of the monkey to get the true colour.I hated the monkey mania print when it arrived so it had to go straight back - but I'm not a neutrals kinda girl either!! I love all the blues,purples,inks and teals - I would have loved this TSV in Flash blue :wonder: its definitely the colour I'm going to get next

I saw a flash blue Alvar in the flesh yesterday,its a lovely colour IMO, a sort of bright royal purple/blue shade, would have been great for this TSV

Last edited:
Hehe mines arrived!!!! My *soft aubergine* is a gawjus colour :happy:

It is basically a fairfax and a little on the small side for my liking - I've just about got my stuff in it.Nice long handles to go over the shoulder too - but it does suffer with faifax syndrome - that if you pack enough into the middle,it makes the either side pocket too tight.

But I like it :)

Bet QVC can't believe this thread is into its 10th page and before the TSV has even launched!! Bet they've not felt excitement like this for a while!! And all free customer research too!

Glad you like yours Rainbowdottie, I ordered the waterfall print one from that famous on line seller last week and mine hasn't arrived yet, I wanted to see it before Tsv in case I can't resist another, I want to see the presentation before ordering just to see what all the colours look like, am tempted with either the zebra or aubergine, I like the look of the turquoise but already have an Adley in a similar shade, it's a great colour for the summer, roll on summer!,

My waterfall print one arrived today, i do like it but agree it seems a little small and i dont like very big bags, it even seems smaller than the turquoise one i saw in the shops,strange, not sure it would pay much over the Tsv price for another one ,i do like the simplistic style of it x

Can anyone who's got the Orelie confirm the size given on the website please - H 10.5 - W 13.75 - D 3.5? That would seem big enough for me (she says wielding two foot long ruler about!) but wouldn't mind a bit more on the depth..the pic seems to look bigger than 3.5" - by the time I've got my brolly, transfer bag and purse in I need a bigger bottom!

Well I have measured mine and the height is only 8 inches, width 12 and the base is about 5 inches, and despite my early post it is the same size as the one I saw out and about, it's ideal for me on reflection but just seemed smaller in the flesh than I thought it would be, hope this helps x

Latest posts

Back