Kipling QVC Savings

• Thread starter Deleted member 3549
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

D

Deleted member 3549

Guest Shopper
Am I the only one when a firm tells us how much we are 'saving' with buying off QVC as opposed to from their own shop/website...I just think shows what rip off merchants the firm are themselves and doesn't put themselves in a good light....
Kipling woman saying the TSV (£34.88) would be £55 in their shops....how do they keep a straight face???? Kipling should be able to sell it at the TSV price themselves. They are a huge worldwide firm and can benefit from economies of scale (those business degrees came in useful!). If anything 100% of the profits would be going to them and not being split with QVC. However, they continue to put inflated prices on their bags to customers who wish to purchase from them direct.

but isn't it because they buy like literally actually THOUSANDS of them so they can pass the savings on to us literally.....

All I'm saying is a company like Kipling with a turnover of millions and with a presence in numerous countries such as America (huge market) can afford to produce an item in its thousands themselves and pass the savings on. The company works off selling the vast majority of its products in the same designs throughout the world so production runs are already in high numbers. This isn't a bespoke product.
Even at £35, Kipling and QVC must be sharing the profit so when they sell it at £55 in their stores their mark up must be massive

have often thought when they say on 'X' website the item would cost ( lots more) Leighten Denny does this & I think it is giving a negative impression of their website.Good for QVC but-----?!

Some of the savings are theoretical though, they don't sell a particular bag in their shops they only sell it through QVC but if they did sell it then they would charge £x. When companies make something specially for QVC I always wonder if the quality is a bit lower than normal. Am I just being cynical?

Also Kipling have sales with discounts of up to 60% so you can get bargins if you look.

As Bois Bear says, they are made especially for QVC in many cases. Some bags are not and are the same price in shops as QVC charge plus QVC charge like £5+ shipping on top.

the tsv is for sale on the kipling website at £55 as it is a new item. but what about the bags that qvc sell for upwards of £60 more than the kipling shops. a case in mind is when the kipling sales are on and qvc are still selling them at the higher price.

qvc is anather outlet for kipling. in a way removed fronm their retail shops and the business they do with qvc is very vast when you consider qvc is part of a global company as well.

on the other hand a company can choose to withdraw from the clutches of qvc. molton brown is a case in point. (at thier peril):giggle:

Interestingly MF whats'ername has just said that in the Kipling stores they only have the current range - so is QVC clearance of older styles???

Latest posts

Back