Kipling opinions please.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have a few. They are great for work. They are light so you can get away with carrying more and I love all the pockets so I can get myself organised with my oyster card, staff security pass, kindle, make up, phone, purse etc. And when you travel on grubby trains its nice to be able to give your bag a wash. Great for when you go away too. I haven't really thought about how trendy they are. I have decided not to take one go the beauty bash tomorrow in case I look like a qvc loon lol
Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

I forgot to say I ditch the monkeys. I also forgot to say I travel a lot and my overnight bag is a Kipling. It's big enough for a couple of nights and is in a deep lilac and White floral pattern. I've had it for years and it still looks great. The white does get grubby but it whizzes round the washing machine and comes out looking fab every time. I've had it so long I forget it's a Kipling. I bought it at Bicester Village. Bizarrely it came with a matching snap close coin purse. Huge bag and tiny purse.

They are very good quality and I am a sucker for the bright colours! Being so lightweight is great because you can carry plenty of stuff and not suffer with the weight of a huge leather bag as well. I love the versatility of the pockets and bargains can be had on Amazon as well. My mum is always washing hers and that's another reason she loves them! When I'm in London I like it that I can have my purse tucked away in an inside pocket or back pocket so it's away from the pick pocketing b*stards. :tongue:

I like the City or Diva ranges from Kipling, they have leather trims etc. The Basic range is very expensive for honestly cheap looking bag. But its horses for courses others love them so hey why not. The trouble is QVC only seem to do the Basic range now and its boring for those of us who don't like them. I have a City April dark brown I have been using as my everyday work bag for about 3 years now and its still going strong. I think the funky bright colours do not age well looking dated quicker.

In the US Fergie(Black Eyed Peas), designed two ranges for Kipling and they looked great but never came to the UK.

They are practical. Are like the tardis for the amount of stuff they hold. Wash easily and dry very quickly. Have never had a rip or tear and I have used one every day for years to work.
I do take the monkeys off though. Long term they are value for money.

They've never appealed to me. Too reminiscent of the brown rice & sandals brigade
My sister-in-law has two Kipling bags and they are perfect for her ..... :cheeky:

Oh dear Minim you have got me thinking again,would that be Birkenstocks i quite like them to.:thinking:

Oh yes Tinkerbelle, I remember the lilac & white pattern - so bright and fresh, - it was during that design 'period' when I bought all of mine. I still have the large beige tote bag with gold leather handles and logo on the front, still as good as new despite it being around 6 years old. Now the ''modern' colours are too sludgy for me, even the prints are depressing.

Oh dear Minim you have got me thinking again,would that be Birkenstocks i quite like them to.:thinking:

Yup, Kips or no shoes! lol.
The first time I met her she was walking along the street with no shoes.
She's a true Hippy (cue 'All You Need Is Love'), but one of the nicest people I know.

I am a relatively recent convert to Kipling too. However, I like the espresso brown as it goes with everything. I used to have loads of lovely leather bags but have to admit my Kiplings are so handy. I'm currently use a large Fairfax (not bought from QVC although if I had waited just a week I would have got a real bargainP). I would love a leather one when I win the lottery!

It's just good knowing exactly where everything is, particularly in the Fairfax. I also ditch the monkeys although the new metal ones look better.

I bought my first one about 16 yrs ago in an independent shop.I had no idea what kipling was - or even the bag I bought was a kipling.I just had two small children at the time,and wanted a smallish bag with a long strap that would go across me body leaving me hands free.Strange to say,just a design seemed impossible to find at the time - but this was perfect.I also still have that bag to this day and it looks as good as new - and those "small children" are now well into their teens!

I never saw anything like it - or knew it was a kipling,until kipling came to QVC.I had long grown out of my leather bags as they made my shoulders and neck ache - and always preferred (or got used to) the cross body style.Even now I could never go back to a leather bag,because they seem so heavy after my kiplings.

So thats where my I've spent all my money since!!! To me kipling as changed over the years.They've lost some of the fun,almost quirky prints,I used to like - and a lot of their colour palette is all very similar now.I think the prices are rising and rising on QVC,but like others have said,there are lots of other places to buy kipling now.

But I do have to say I adore them - love them.Don't have any other bags in my "stash" now.

I like them for taking on holidays as they are light weight,have zips, loads of compartments/pockets and the one i have has a cross body stap for security. However, i would never use one as my everyday bag as i prefer a leather bag. Personal choice really!

I never used to like them, until recently when I changed my mind. I just thought they were for the youngsters. Anyway, after a foot injury and consigned to crutches, there was no way that I could manage my usual bags, which tended to have everything in them and as a result were really heavy. Looking on another forum, someone posted about some kipling bags at good prices, albeit smaller sized bags ................ I bought one and loved it. Large enough to carry my essentials and made me downsize what I normally carried around in my other bags ( do I really need to carry 4 lipsticks etc around with me?) I now feel quite free without the weight of my normal bags and have since bought 2 other kipling bags ooer, getting addicted now, They will be going on holiday with me too.

I have liked Kipling for years & now have quite a few.They are not the cheapest but are well made and always look good.The zips and fittings are also good quality.The main thing for me is they are lightweight & even the smallest bag can hold loads.I always take them on holidays because you can pack a few without worrying about the weight.
I am tired of the basic range on QVC there are many more styles & fabrics, I look on the Kipling website.

I recently got two kipling bags but I got them from Amazon, cheaper than qvc and free P&P. I love mine cause I need to wear the bag across my body cause I've got two children so no free hands to carry anything else lol. They are great quality and the zips are sturdy and easy to get into the compartments.

I'm going to be ordering a new bag in the orange colour soon cause I mostly wear black (especially to work) and like to break up my outfit with a bright colour.

Just thought you would like to know that brand alley have some Kipling bags with upto 65% until the 29th jan and Kipling online shop still has its sale on for a few more days!!!
Being a huge fan, I have indulged! I particularly love their leather and city range!

Well, I'm going to through the cat in among the pigeons now (LOL!): I like the monkeys and keep them on the bags. I realise I'm in the minority big time on the monkey issue, but I remember thinking about it when I first got a Kipling bag - to keep the monkey on the bag, or not to keep the monkey on the bag, that was the question... - and I just couldn't bear to take it off, I didn't want to abandon it somehow... (no, I'm not mad, honestly, although I probably look it what with my little furry friend dangling off my bag everywhere I go!).

That'll be "throw", not "through" (not making much of a case for myself in the "I'm not really mad" stakes, am I?).

Latest posts

Back