Kim & Co

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ah, now that's because you havn't met me!
Seriously, I have no idea who buys the turquoise pedal pushers or some of the garish patterns and that jumpsuit was inexcusable (loved the brothel curtains analogy, Burlz) but she also produces some excellent plain clothes which do all that she claims for them and are much better quality than the market stall clothes which people sometimes compare them to. I have worn her clothes ever since she first came to QVC (13 years?) and I still have, and wear, some of those originals.
The secret, as with all fashion, is how you put an outfit together and classic lines with fashionable accessories win every time once one is no longer a teenager.
I am just 5 feet tall and a size 14-16 and have my share of lumps and bumps and have had 6 children too but they skim my body, don't cling,don't wrinkle, repel cats claws and hair and are lovely and cool in the hot Greek summers. I can't really ask for anything more from my clothes. When I worked, I had a job where I had to look smart despite having to attend to all sorts of messy jobs in the kitchens and cellars and I could do that without looking dishevelled.
I do however, have to watch the good lady on mute as she is far too screechy and hyper for me.....:happy:

I agree totally! I have said it before but I have a cleopatra dress in black and, even though I say so myself, it looks great on. I am about 5'4 and wear a small in the dresses. It skims my vulnerable bits, shows off my waist and bust to great effect and is really slimming! It is probably the sexiest and most comfortable dress that I have ever had and I always get compliments when I wear it. Added to that, it still looks good after I have been sitting down for an hour or two and I don't have to fuss with it when I do get up. :heart:

Ah, now that's because you havn't met me!
Seriously, I have no idea who buys the turquoise pedal pushers or some of the garish patterns and that jumpsuit was inexcusable (loved the brothel curtains analogy, Burlz) but she also produces some excellent plain clothes which do all that she claims for them and are much better quality than the market stall clothes which people sometimes compare them to. I have worn her clothes ever since she first came to QVC (13 years?) and I still have, and wear, some of those originals.
The secret, as with all fashion, is how you put an outfit together and classic lines with fashionable accessories win every time once one is no longer a teenager.
I am just 5 feet tall and a size 14-16 and have my share of lumps and bumps and have had 6 children too but they skim my body, don't cling,don't wrinkle, repel cats claws and hair and are lovely and cool in the hot Greek summers. I can't really ask for anything more from my clothes. When I worked, I had a job where I had to look smart despite having to attend to all sorts of messy jobs in the kitchens and cellars and I could do that without looking dishevelled.
I do however, have to watch the good lady on mute as she is far too screechy and hyper for me.....:happy:

I agree totally! I have said it before but I have a cleopatra dress in black and, even though I say so myself, it looks great on. I am about 5'4 and wear a small in the dresses. It skims my vulnerable bits, shows off my waist and bust to great effect and is really slimming! It is probably the sexiest and most comfortable dress that I have ever had and I always get compliments when I wear it. Added to that, it still looks good after I have been sitting down for an hour or two and I don't have to fuss with it when I do get up. :heart:

I have two Kim & Co pieces. A simple black shift dress in a crepe material and a fab grey Cardigan in fine really soft jersey fabric. The Cardigan is so warm and cosy, I love it.

I've never bought any of the stretchy material stuff although I have tried the trousers but I couldn't get the size right.

I'm a curvy size 18/20 and I need a 2xl in her tops and dresses so I assumed I'd need the same in the trousers but the waist came up to just below my boobs. Not a flattering look. I risked it and tried an xl and although I couldn't quite tuck 'em under my bra they were still far too long in the body. A smaller size would have had my thighs pleading for mercy. And they were all way too long. I need a 31 inch leg minimum and these were supposed to be 30 and I could only have worn them with heels. I haven't bothered since. And I'm not sure I'd have worn them anyway.

I'm with you Artemis - I have no problem admitting to loving Kim's stuff! I might have a problem admitting how many items I have though, especially if OH is around!! :mysmilie_505:

I have never found them to cling or show off lumps and bumps and I reckon they are much better quality than other makes (the other channel's slinky for example!). I don't like all the patterns, some I wouldn't touch with a barge pole, but who likes everything any company produces?

My first couple of pieces were bought from QVC, some came direct from Canada but most come from that auction site. The current exchange rate for the Canadian dollar has a lot to answer for with the prices - not so long ago there were over 2 to the pound now only 1.57.:cash:

I'm with you Artemis - I have no problem admitting to loving Kim's stuff! I might have a problem admitting how many items I have though, especially if OH is around!! :mysmilie_505:

I have never found them to cling or show off lumps and bumps and I reckon they are much better quality than other makes (the other channel's slinky for example!). I don't like all the patterns, some I wouldn't touch with a barge pole, but who likes everything any company produces?

My first couple of pieces were bought from QVC, some came direct from Canada but most come from that auction site. The current exchange rate for the Canadian dollar has a lot to answer for with the prices - not so long ago there were over 2 to the pound now only 1.57.:cash:

I have bought direct from Canada for a long time, especially as they will make me trousers in the needle out fabric (which I prefer to the slinky for trousers) -it also means I get the correct leg length. I was embarassed to discover that I had over 30 black skirts, all different mind, but some unworn as I would buy several at a time, for work. Now that I am retired, I am decluttering....

Latest posts

Back