Kim & Co TSV 01/08/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Im disappointed in QVC fashion. I'm nearly 63 and to be honest I have no idea what sort of styles are on-trend and appropriate, never mind where to find them.

Any ideas of websites, stores or other shopping channels where I can start to educate myself please ?

Im disappointed in QVC fashion. I'm nearly 63 and to be honest I have no idea what sort of styles are on-trend and appropriate, never mind where to find them.

Any ideas of websites, stores or other shopping channels where I can start to educate myself please ?

To be honest EM I`ve no idea what is or isn`t supposed to be on trend but I`m mid 60`s, quite tall, a size 16/18 and thankfully I`ve sussed which styles do or don`t suit me. Plus comfort is also important to me these days. I don`t suit flared skirts on either dresses or skirts, I`m long waisted so certain styles of trousers are a complete no go, as are cropped cardigans or jackets, shorter length tops, shrugs etc, I`m broad shouldered so certain jackets and coats make me look like an American footballer if they`re kind of square shaped in style and I no longer have the knees to wear above the knee items, I`m retired so my need for smart suits or posh frocks is no longer there and I also have a limited budget so I shop in sales, use voucher codes and buy styles which IMO will never date.
I like Roman Originals website but tend to only buy in their sale or when I have a decent voucher code such as 20% off.
Tilletts website does lots of casual tops, bottoms and most of their stuff is cotton, linen and natural fibres.
Jacques Vert website have good sales, their non sale stuff is overpriced but I really like their trousers and they last forever, are dressy and have really good discounts in their sale. I never pay full price. I also have one of their maxi length pleated skirts also bought in the sale and it packs well and I take it on holiday with a few different tops to wear in the evening.
My everyday plain V neck cotton T shirts come from a supermarket and I buy my jeans from Marks when I get a discount code on my Sparks card.

I buy the majority of my clothes from Ideal World, with one item number one p&p and capped postage I can order different sizes, free returns through Asda too, or you can buy a collect plus returns label when you place your order for £1.50. I've bought some lovely tops lately and the last Pick Of The Day I bought three cover ups for £35 and I absolutely live them, it's worth a look. https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/?icn=h_ideal-world-logo&ici=h

This was a top I've just bought this top in blush (also bought silver an mocha) and wore it out for a meal. https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/nic...-item_visible_iw%2c-average_overall_rating_iw at these prices I don't mind the grandkiddies getting my top dirty, or me spilling gravy down the front. :mysmilie_17:

I've already mentioned Navabi that have a good range from around Europe, and Lagenlook - both are my 'go to' sites now rather than spend rubbish money on QVC fashion. M & S for years have skimped on fabric in their sizing - I have remained static between 18 - 22 for decades, but in M & S a size 24 barely fits !

Latest posts

Back