Kh guest

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
I suppose it was just a matter of time. Rachel Mullins is the new guest for the KH range. One of the things I always admired about Kelly was that, even being a high end designer, she still appeared on the Q in person, as opposed to having a 'brand ambassador'. Now it seems that, having sucked all the customers in, she can't be bothered turning up to flog her wares on a shopping channel. This seems to be par for the course with QVC, another example being Philip Kingsley.
I can understand completely why, each time their product is aired, an American inventor/designer does not appear from across the pond. Lori Greiner is extremely busy on QVC US, where she is a bigger 'name' than she is over here. Plus, she does shark tank also. I know Kelly does our version of shark tank, Dragons Den, but it would be a lot less hassle for her to fit the Q in, in between filming.
I'm quite disappointed in Kelly. Speaking of KH, has anyone seen her daughter's website for living an alkaline lifestyle? She also offers a food delivery service, based on her own vegetarian, healthy dietary plan. It looks quite appealing to me but, at over £2,000 for a 12 week supply? I don't think so. I would buy her cookbook for £16.00, and make the recipes myself. A case of like mother like daughter, methinks.

I didn't realise it was Kelly Hoppens daughter who ran the 'Honestly Healthy' alkaline food business loved by celebrities especially Victoria Beckham. I had the book to look at from the library but got put off because I felt the writer was just endorsing her own food delivery company. I later found out that Mrs Beckham adored the book!!! (Just like she adores Kelly Hoppen doing up her houses!) As for Ms Hoppen not appearing on QVC I guess it was only a matter of time till she got too big for her boots. After all why appear when you have multi millions in the bank! She hardly needs to promote herself anymore. I wish I could afford to try her range though to see what all the fuss is about but unfortunately I can't.

Why waste money on these exclusive designers when it's not exclusive because thousands of others have bought the same look? Similar looks can easily be achieved on the high street - just slap beige, white, grey and cream together or singly in any shade you choose and you've achieved the same on a much smaller budget, and equally as good quality, I'm pretty sure. We chose beige and cream for our bedroom long before it became fashionable and we certainly didn't patronise Ms Hoppen and her ilk. Remember she's selling a look and a name. You can buy the look cheaper elsewhere and who needs a name, anyway? How many people do you invite to look at your bedroom and say, "Wow! That must be a Kelly Hoppen bedroom!" And if it makes you feel better to have a "name" attached to your house, ask yourself why. You really don't need it. Ms Hoppen and QVC do, you don't.

Kelly says on twitter "see you at midnight." Maybe Rachel is being eased in gently for future shows. I have got three of her throws and, whilst I obviously do like her designs, I don't think the quality we are getting, is equable with the quality of the linens Victoria Beckham et al will be paying oodles more cash for. I do think we are getting vfm but, after about a year, one throw developed a bare spot (tiny, hardly visible.).
How easy are the duvet covers to put on? I find the cozee is extremely simple to change.

I'm a king size, and find the price differentials quite inconsistent. The single is £12 cheaper than the double, yet the king is £21 more expensive than the double. If you look at the measurements, the double is 26" wider than the single, but only 12" narrower than the king.
I would like to try a KH higher thread count set. I think I would go for the blush.

Just saw KH guest, and for some reason, thought she would be a kooky likely, like the Liz Earle guest. Instead, she is a peroxide blonde with the so-called scouse brow. Bit of a surprise. Not sure how well she presented, as only just caught the last minute when she was with Kathy Taylor on the morning show.

Latest posts

Back