Ken Paves TSV 22 June

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

How do you get the right colour? I've only bought ones where I've sent a swatch of my hair and they colour match it or bought from a shop.

I'm interested (depending on what it is) but has anyone any experience of whether you should go for lighter or darker than your hair? I reckon I am darker than the dark blonde (or brown/blonde whe they have that option) but lighter than the light brown.

Please let Pipa present; she looks the funniest of the lot with those daft long hair/alice band things. You can see in her face that she knows just how wonky she looks in them, which makes it even more entertaining.

I have always gone for Dark Blonde (or Buttered Toast as it says on the packaging - the US name). The clip-in hairpiece I bought was quite a different colour to the others I've bought in the same shade, but as I have many tones in my hair it still works.

I do hope it's something we've not seen before. I don't know what, I just want 'different'. Fussy me. x Snarly

I think the products look good - I just wish he would include "pieces" for us ladies with salt/pepper hair and white hair. We need to add volume too.

I bought the Stylemaker from Hot Hair's booth in Selfridge's Oxford Street and paid £20 for it. It is discounted to £16 on their website but then you have to add postage. I've been pleased with it. I use chop sticks for additional security. In the description on their website they say:
"The Stylemaker is made by Hairdo and is identical to the Style-a-do by Ken Paves. We may at times send the Style a do in place of the Stylemaker, but please be assured it is the same product, with the same colour codes and simply has a different package." They have some nice styles on their website. The link below shows the Stylemaker that I bought. If you select it to view it then it is possible to navigate to other items by selecting the 'you may like' tab or using the product search.

http://www.hothair.co.uk/search.php?mode=search&page=1

I've had the style a do for ages. It's so much easier if you're a brunette. It's dark brown or black! Mine's the dark brown and sometimes it's the right colour and sometimes it's darker bit it really doesn't seem to matter. Even my hairdresser thought it was my hair until she got close.

I can't do the chop sticks thing. I just whack a couple of hair grips in and it stays put.

I have had a couple of Hairdo items from QVC, I guessed the colour and it's spot-on. I wore the bump up the volume to my daughter's wedding and no-one guessed it was fake, not even my daughter and husband!!
I also love Ken himself, he really takes the pee out of JF.
I agree some of the presenters look a right state with some of the wigs plonked on, Dame Julia with a pixie cut comes to mind... Hee hee!!:giggle:

@IloveShopping - nice site, like the Crystal wig. |boo-hoo| I'm like JackBenny, forever 39, but that lovely JacquelineSmith hairdo doesn't match my stick and WheeleyShoppingTrolley. @Tinkerbelle - GoodySpinPins from Boots are great for holding. I'm in the mood for a hairstyle change and then laser eye surgery so I no longer need glasses. Gosh, I am so set in my ways though. ScaredySnarly

Oh blimey Snarly. I could cope with a new hair do but I couldn't do laser eye surgery. Too scared! But actually I wear the wrong sort of contact lenses which means I can't have laser surgery unless I give the lenses up for six months. Well devil wearing specs for six months. I'll stick with my lenses and save my dosh and not bother steeling my nerves.

I know peeps who have had laser surgery with brilliant results.

Latest posts

Back