Kelly Hoppen Home Designs TSV 01/03/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

i bet she wished she had not put her name to the northern nights tat...dreadful stuff the cotton bedding is

The only way I'd pay £200 for bedding is if it had Ryan Reynolds attached to it...........even then I'd have to think about it. Just turned over to have a look, oops! Jill Franks is on back over it goes.

i love nice bedding i get great pleasure from freshly laundered quality sheets, down pillows and down duvets. i also finally have a dream bed but qvc high thread count does not cut it for me. its not nice. dont even like the dyes they use cheap with no depth

The £10.95 P+P for the Coral was an error, Jill Franks just said they'll be contacting everyone who has already paid to arrange a refund.

It's actually £4.95 P+P :mysmilie_59:

Personally, I think KH is the female equivalent of Simon Wilson. There is an extremely limited number of presenters she feels are acceptable... she has no compunction about making the presenter feel uncomfortable... and it's very clear that most of the presenters are in awe of her / are terrified of her. She seems to find Dale and Charlie particularly irritating, and boy do we all know it!

I find her very rude. Her voice, for me, is not pleasant to listen to. I don't find her designs at all inspiring, nor her "tips" for home design that she occasionally deigns to let drip like pearls before swine. I imagine she is a prickly, difficult, character to work with, and doesn't suffer fools gladly (which is one reason why she is so successful, I dare say). If she stopped appearing on QVC I wouldn't miss her, although it's always entertaining to see just how horrible she has been/is being to the presenter on the shows she graces with her presence.

Personally, I think KH is the female equivalent of Simon Wilson. There is an extremely limited number of presenters she feels are acceptable... she has no compunction about making the presenter feel uncomfortable... and it's very clear that most of the presenters are in awe of her / are terrified of her. She seems to find Dale and Charlie particularly irritating, and boy do we all know it!

I find her very rude. Her voice, for me, is not pleasant to listen to. I don't find her designs at all inspiring, nor her "tips" for home design that she occasionally deigns to let drip like pearls before swine. I imagine she is a prickly, difficult, character to work with, and doesn't suffer fools gladly (which is one reason why she is so successful, I dare say). If she stopped appearing on QVC I wouldn't miss her, although it's always entertaining to see just how horrible she has been/is being to the presenter on the shows she graces with her presence.

I don't know anything about Interior Design so I don't think i'm able to comment on her work but I think she comes across as cold and aloof on television.

Maybe it's just that we''re so used to the over the top, flowery 'guests' that makes KH seem so Anna Wintour like.

But whatever the reason I don't think QVC (which is so sugary sweet it's almost diabetes inducing) is comfortable ground for her. But I can imagine why Cheesy Charlie & Dopey Dale would bug her though, they bug me too.

Smarmy Schmucks :mysmilie_59:

Just shows you you can become extremely rich with absolutely no talent at all. I find her very patronising, how we should all bow down to her for showing us the way, I'm sure many of us didn't know how to make a bed before she appeared. Hey! Surly Hoppen get this, I just throw anything on our bed so long as it's clean, and our lamp doesn't match the quilt (argh shock!!)

its too cold for high thread count. i am snuggling as we speak in a thick soft flannel bedset from nn...heaven

OH not yet bored of the bedding shows yet apparently, is now pointing out all the loose threads & wonky seams.......!

:mysmilie_17:

I don't know anything about Interior Design so I don't think i'm able to comment on her work but I think she comes across as cold and aloof on television.

Maybe it's just that we''re so used to the over the top, flowery 'guests' that makes KH seem so Anna Wintour like.

But whatever the reason I don't think QVC (which is so sugary sweet it's almost diabetes inducing) is comfortable ground for her. But I can imagine why Cheesy Charlie & Dopey Dale would bug her though, they bug me too.

Smarmy Schmucks :mysmilie_59:

That promo she does, showing her "passion" is hilarious, she drones on showing about as much passion as an Easiyo yoghurt.

I bet sure as hell she isn't prickly, difficult or haughty when in the presence of her clients, and I would also bet she charges in the tens of thousands to place 3 ornaments together and give you a ****** celadon interior to live with ! And although I love the Gt Int Des show, I do think that professional interior designers are purely for the domain of the super wealthy who cant be bothered with picking from a Dulux colour chart - I personally wouldn't want to live with what THEY assume I will like, I have my own style, and like most of us know what WE like in our home.

She may have turned up but there were moments that I felt she didn't want to be there.

There seemed, let's say, a lack of chemistry between her and Charlie. When he dropped his iPad and tried make light of it she appeared to just stand and stare at him, in silence. She's not like your typical, bubbly QVC guest, is she?

And I agree with the previous poster's comment on the Coral Ornament (which looked, to my eye, like something from the Play Doh Hair Shop).

I thought the P&P was a mistake!

View attachment 11162

How spooky - the two things I wanted to say/ was going to post and two people wrote exactly what I was going to...
One was about her attitude with Charlie and the other was about he judging on The Great Interior Design challenge!

I found her superior, monotone and utterly without charm. Charlie was trying his best to interact with her but he was having to simper but I couldn't believe my eyes when he dropped his iPad, and, not surprisingly made some exclamation... And I genuinely thought at first that she hadn't noticed or heard, because she barely raised her eyes, let alone showing any surprise or concern. It just put me off her even more.
I find her cold, arrogant and just odd.
I don't even believe she's very talented! Looking at her books and images of the homes she's worked on and they are all the same - that bland, opulent, hotel room look. It's not difficult to achieve, it's just expensive all that crystal, faux fur and textures but it just looks soulless to me, and only works if you keep it immaculate...

She's also a guest judge on my fav prog of the moment - Gt Interior Design Challenge - soooooo looking forward to hear her on THAT - not. In the promo she is only 'looking for perfection' ..... smug a...e that she is. She has this one tone voice that no doubt puts the fear of God in her minions that work for her, I just want to slap her (she's probably very nice, but that's not how she chooses to portray herself)

I don't actually think that she is terribly nice!
Am also watching and love the Interior Design Challenge (although not as much as the last two years - what do you make of it this year?) and I was also going to comment on the clip of her in the intro! When she said she's looking for perfection my heart sank. These are amateur interior designers on a budget of one grand so she won't find perfection (or at least her version of it!) and it seems stupid to expect it! Her style is also completely out of sync with the whole show and their briefs.
Not at all sure the professional judges have added anything to the programme but hey no!

.....I don't even believe she's very talented! Looking at her books and images of the homes she's worked on and they are all the same - that bland, opulent, hotel room look. It's not difficult to achieve, it's just expensive all that crystal, faux fur and textures but it just looks soulless to me, and only works if you keep it immaculate...

Was just looking at her website, pics of cold, bland living rooms full of candles, bookcases full of nothing but ceramic vases, weirdly (trip-hazard) draped throws & cushions you'd be too scared to sit near.......nothing personal, nothing welcoming, nothing comforting!

Not if I won the lottery.......!

:taphead:

I found her superior, monotone and utterly without charm. Charlie was trying his best to interact with her but he was having to simper but I couldn't believe my eyes when he dropped his iPad, and, not surprisingly made some exclamation... And I genuinely thought at first that she hadn't noticed or heard, because she barely raised her eyes, let alone showing any surprise or concern. It just put me off her even more.

Expression requires facial movement. I do wonder if botox might be the culprit... either that or just not bothered to waste the energy on changing expression!

I don't actually think that she is terribly nice!
Am also watching and love the Interior Design Challenge (although not as much as the last two years - what do you make of it this year?) and I was also going to comment on the clip of her in the intro! When she said she's looking for perfection my heart sank. These are amateur interior designers on a budget of one grand so she won't find perfection (or at least her version of it!) and it seems stupid to expect it! Her style is also completely out of sync with the whole show and their briefs.
Not at all sure the professional judges have added anything to the programme but hey no!

This year's Des Challenge? I think the show is getting more ambitious - when it first started the contestants were given beach huts to redesign, and now its stately rooms. I still love it though, the people are real and have a passion about what they do. I don't like some of the stuff, like the wire lighting, but there are some elements which are brilliant.

Agree with other posters about Hoppen's style of hotel rooms with a few ornaments, but when you see the promo for Des Challenge, she's surrounded by shelves of sample books, fabrics and beavering away at her table. I did laugh.

Did you see Queen Hoppen last night ? the build up of her arrival as judge on Gt Des Ch was laughable - talk about worshipping at her altar, her gimlet eyes were in overdrive; but it grieves me to say this - when judging the rooms she was just a bit spot on with her assessment. Still loved the prog and will miss it on weekdays until next year.

I can't stand the woman or her ****** hair. I loved the I.D.C. Show but felt like turning off when she came on. Insufferable woman.....

Latest posts

Back