kathy on morning style

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tilley

Registered Shopper
Saw the tsv from Anthony this morning. Kathy said you could put your Yong Kim waistcoat over it... why when there is Anthony's sleeveless waistcoat as a hot pick today. Must have been instructed to push the car too expensive crumpled one.

The whole Thing Kim waistcoat was a right debacle if you ask me. Cathy and Lesley Ebbets were showing how floaty it was and how it had all these layers when Cathy realised the model was actually wearing two!!! You would be very disappointed if you'd ordered it from their first descriptions which made a huge song and dance about the wonderful layers.

Don`t they always push a garment that isn`t moving or has good reviews and particular colours too...those slim and lift leggings didn`t have good reviews last I looked and according to all all at Q are the best things since sliced bread!!

But if you buy two you'll save nearly £2.50 in p&p! It's a win win! :mysmilie_59:

for QVC! :mysmilie_47:

Lesley also told Kathy that the pink jacket looked ok over the TSV top which in my humble opinion was a `layer too far` .... !!

Don`t they always push a garment that isn`t moving or has good reviews and particular colours too...those slim and lift leggings didn`t have good reviews last I looked and according to all all at Q are the best things since sliced bread!!

Yes, I think they do. Rarely do you see the models in anything limited stock at the start of the on air presentation. I generally assume that whatever the model is wearing is the one with the deepest stocks. It gets a bit trickier if it's the TSV and there are multiple models in multiple colours of course...

Again, to generalise, items featured on air seem to sell faster than items which are not featured on air.

In terms of the poor reviews, I don't think QVC can possibly pay any attention to these except as a sales ploy when there are a high number of positive reviews. I think that they must look at the sales figures vs the percentage returns for items. Let's face it, those who are very happy or very disappointed in an item seem to be the ones most often motivated to write a review. That leaves the middle-ground people who neither like or dislike enough to make a comment... or to return the item.

I think they must pay a little attention to reviews because they seem to be aware of the complaints about the previous TSV getting so many poor reviews. They couldn't avoid them there were so many. They have been saying how much heavier this TSV fabric is compared to the last. They don't publicise the poor reviews that's true, only the 5 stars.....

It's all tat in my opinion and I wouldn't buy any clothing I've seen on Q for the past few years. Overpriced rubbish.

I saw a bit of Kathy on what I think was the Join hour (not sure though). Her hair was in an updo, which IMO is better than it usually looks when it hangs lank each side of her face, but her fringe was pulled to one side, showing an uneven parting: the whole thing was messy and untidy, doesn't she look in a mirror before going on-air? Her clothes looked dreadful - there was a short pink jacket over a shirt (and a scarf, I think), anyway, about 3 layers, and her trousers! They looked like short jodhpurs, baggy over her thighs and middle, and skin-tight on her knees - were they harem pants or what? And big wedge sandals - all in all, not an attractive look and did her no favours at all. She looked a real mess, and for a fashion hour - well...And the price of the 'flippin clothes they were flogging! £106-00 for a sleeveless, maxi vest-top dress! They're having a giraffe, aren't they?:taphead:

Lesley also told Kathy that the pink jacket looked ok over the TSV top which in my humble opinion was a `layer too far` .... !!

Watched a little bit of the morning show today and have decided that I would never take fashion advice from Lesley E. Do woman really need to be to told how to wear things and what goes with what. The dress she was wearing was a lovely colour but far too short for a woman of a certain age. Kathy's get up was a bit strange with all those layers but I thought her hair looked great and she has a beautiful face.

Kathy is an attractive woman, but doesn't do herself any favours with her hair and clothes. Why she'd piled on all those clothes I couldn't work out - under studio lights I'd think she was sweating buckets.:whew:

Watched a little bit of the morning show today and have decided that I would never take fashion advice from Lesley E. Do woman really need to be to told how to wear things and what goes with what. The dress she was wearing was a lovely colour but far too short for a woman of a certain age. Kathy's get up was a bit strange with all those layers but I thought her hair looked great and she has a beautiful face.

I'm watching Kathy this morning and I have to say she looks terrible. The top makes her look like she has bandages round her arms and the dangly bits hanging out just look scruffy.

I saw a bit of Kathy on what I think was the Join hour (not sure though). Her hair was in an updo, which IMO is better than it usually looks when it hangs lank each side of her face, but her fringe was pulled to one side, showing an uneven parting: the whole thing was messy and untidy, doesn't she look in a mirror before going on-air? Her clothes looked dreadful - there was a short pink jacket over a shirt (and a scarf, I think), anyway, about 3 layers, and her trousers! They looked like short jodhpurs, baggy over her thighs and middle, and skin-tight on her knees - were they harem pants or what? And big wedge sandals - all in all, not an attractive look and did her no favours at all. She looked a real mess, and for a fashion hour - well...And the price of the 'flippin clothes they were flogging! £106-00 for a sleeveless, maxi vest-top dress! They're having a giraffe, aren't they?:taphead:

Since Kathy started doing `morning style` she has certainly changed her style in how and what she dresses in and it doesn`t always suit her (IMO) I agree with historymystery about how she was dressed in the last MS show. Not everyone suits brands like Yong Kim and Join Some can carry them off whilst others look like a bag of rags me included!! I`ve just returned a Marla Wynne cardigan that I thought looked ok on screen boy was I wrong about the fit on me !! I looked like a bag lady !! I`m afraid I`ll have to stick to more tailored clothes that I know suits boring though it maybe :(

Madaboutdogs, I wouldn't call recognising your own style, and what suits you, 'boring' in any way. It's about feeling confident and comfortable with your choices - you obviously know what suits you and what doesn't, and it's a pity that the presenters haven't got the same awareness as you about looking good. There's never any harm in trying something new and venturing out of the 'comfort zone', but some of them (such as Kathy) repeatedly appear on screen looking as though they've got no mirrors where they come from, and sometimes they look just plain ridiculous - as Kathy did the other day. IMO she looked like Coco the Clown, and did the clothes no favours, nor herself - that short pink jacket looked like something the comic Norman Wisdom used to wear with his arms poking out, and the trousers were even worse, half baggy, half tight. Like you, I've never seen her look so scruffy as recently - previously I always considered her one of the better presenters and a very attractive lady.

Since Kathy started doing `morning style` she has certainly changed her style in how and what she dresses in and it doesn`t always suit her (IMO) I agree with historymystery about how she was dressed in the last MS show. Not everyone suits brands like Yong Kim and Join Some can carry them off whilst others look like a bag of rags me included!! I`ve just returned a Marla Wynne cardigan that I thought looked ok on screen boy was I wrong about the fit on me !! I looked like a bag lady !! I`m afraid I`ll have to stick to more tailored clothes that I know suits boring though it maybe :(

i think I've said previously, perhaps on a different thread, that for me personally, fashion advice/looks/ call it what you will, do not sit comfortably with Kathy, as I just don't see her in that way. I hope this doesn't offend, but Kathy always looks to me as if she's been up all night, or has been out all night, or just doesn't sleep well.
Her face and hair look much nicer on the video clips she does, than on the live shows, and I do feel she needs a makeover, rather than to tell the rest of us what would suit us.

Of all the female presenters Kathy has the nicest personna IMO but is the least suited to fashion shows. In fact none of them float my boat when it comes to their own personal style or ability to look nice on screen even in their own clothes. We see dated wedged shoes or toe posts, leggings on legs whuch shouldn`t wear them, Adam Ant style black boots, scruffy jeans, shapeless 80`s style dresses with padded shoulders and poor colour choices plus badly fitted sizes. And these are the people who try to sell us "fashion"?
I wish they bring in a presenter who really knew her onions about fashion and who looked the part, Someone with perhaps retail experience as a department manager or buyer or in visual display. Then you`d have someone who would know a thing or two.

Latest posts

Back