Just what a thing to say !!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

This is not the first time she has said something stupid without thinking. Some months ago she was presenting an electronics programme and was talking about an MP3 player she quite openly said "you can even use this whilst driving in the car". The guy with her quickly put her right and said that would be illegal and she seemed surprised to learn this. I dont think she is there for her intelligence!!

I have just got back on the forum after being out all day and I am suprised to see this thread chundering on. The woman said something silly, no one is disputing that but come on, no one died, I don't understand why it's just sooo horrible for some people to come to terms with the fact that the presenters are only human and do say daft things sometimes.

I have just got back on the forum after being out all day and I am suprised to see this thread chundering on. The woman said something silly, no one is disputing that but come on, no one died, I don't understand why it's just sooo horrible for some people to come to terms with the fact that the presenters are only human and do say daft things sometimes.

Yep, well said - it's live TV and sometimes invariably things can and do go wrong, whether it's the wrong choice of phrase or some other gaffe.

The trouble is when you're thinking on the hoof and having to talk fast is that possibly not 100% of the time your brain engages with your mouth before you speak - it perhaps wasn't the wisest thing she's ever said, but neither is it worth all the trouble it's caused and the upset that Catherine is feeling now - she's apologised profusely on her Twitter page and feels dreadful about her comments.

To see someone rip themselves to bits so much about something that, while wasn't the smartest thing to say, but by no means the worst/evillest etc is quite upsetting in itself - and especially when there's far worse things said by mainstream presenters on mainstream channels that are seemingly being 'let go' at the moment..(and I know that's got nowt to do with QVC...)

She's a decent, caring human being who has made a small error of judgement - it's not the end of the world - leave her be, I say :)

I can only speak from a personal perspective, but I love watching Catherine and truly believe that she is a lovely person and I know would hate to offend anyone.

I know I repeat this a lot, I don't agree with loads of the comments made on this fourm and OK this forum is nothing what I imagined when I started the site. However I would never stop anyone from having an opinion.

I can only speak from a personal perspective, but I love watching Catherine and truly believe that she is a lovely person and I know would hate to offend anyone.

:handshake: that's very true. I think she's one of the most genuine and caring people on that channel, she's suffered some terrible times in her life but chooses and maintains a sunny and positive outlook on things.

All this politically correctness really annoys me. At this moment in time I am at home doing housework and in my opinion I look like a real 'dosser' a few years ago I would have used the word 'tramp' and these words are used in everyday speech in this country and if you haven't heard them you have your head in the sand. Most people who use these types of words or phrases mean no offence to anyone and as some people have said a simple case of someone making a slip on air is surely no big deal and I don't know what all the fuss is about.

Excellent post. I'm with you 100%!!

This is not the first time she has said something stupid without thinking. Some months ago she was presenting an electronics programme and was talking about an MP3 player she quite openly said "you can even use this whilst driving in the car". The guy with her quickly put her right and said that would be illegal and she seemed surprised to learn this. I dont think she is there for her intelligence!!

bliming heck, I have a Phd, 2 masters and a joint degree in Earth Science and Geography: I also did not know that you can not use an MP3 whilst driving. Must mean that I am not here for my intelligence either!

no one cuts me any slack at work. far from it. if a presenter cocks it up then we're entitled to comment on it given that as past/present/future customers of QVC we are paying the salaries.

i feel very safe to post my opinions on ST.com in the knowledge that if i am in danger of being defamatory or libellous then a moderator will correct me. there's no need for oither members to stick their oar in.

Just to add to the mix. I have noticed recently that where in the beauty hours items used to be recommended for "Afro-Caribbean" skin, it's now referred to as "African- Caribbean":flower: Purely an observation on my part.

Latest posts

Back