Just what a thing to say !!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bags

Registered Shopper
Catherine Huntley has said,
'I'm wearing flat shoes for once but please don't look at them, as they look like I've borrowed them from someone sleeping rough.'

:thinking2:

:flower:

Catherine Huntley has said,
'I'm wearing flat shoes for once but please don't look at them, as they look like I've borrowed them from someone sleeping rough.'

:thinking2:

I suppose she meant as a joke - but bit insensitive. More worryingly - is some poor so and so now tripping around in her FM shoes...

No she wasn't joking she was giving the impression she was not happy with the shoes.
I worry about her thinking these days she was recalling meeting up with her old dance school members on a weekend.
She said she had her hair extentions and was wearing flash set of Diamonqiue jewellery to give the look as she'd made it.

I was watching too, all about comfy fluffy things that cover your dignity! and then she mentioned about her shoes, saying dont look at them, etc, etc, I thought was a pretty weird and random thing to say - if they were that bad, you would have thought the floor manager or whoever would have pulled her up, and told her that her shoes werent up to scratch. Weird! lol :smirk: xx (mind you i was also suffering from shock at the time too, having seen that notice running along the banner, that QVC now take electron cards! only taken them xxx years to do so! lol)

What a stupid crass remark. She needs to get over herself. :rolleyes: :pPC:

:eek: Definitely in poor taste - a little bit like those expressions that old people occasionally use that are gobsmackingly racist but they don't really think of them that way.

If not happy with shoes, don't wear them? Simple really lol

Agree or not with what JR wears she had the black toe post wedges on in the bedding hour with the Carole Hochman Pj's.
In her next hour the Carole Hochman show, off came the wedges and she was barefoot, perhaps a lession for Catherine rather than the black ballet - sleeping rough shoes !!!

It does pee me off when they talk about their home lives - second homes abroad, horses and farms, two hundred handbags etc... it's then that for a while at least I curb the spending. It's us that's paying for it all which I wouldn't mind if they didn't have the sneery attitude with it.

Awful remark, I used to work with rough sleepers, the majority of them had mental health issues, had been through the care system, had suffered abuse etc. Just go bare foot, it's a night wear show after all and it's only bl***y shopping when all is said and done, not London Fashion week

It does pee me off when they talk about their home lives - second homes abroad, horses and farms, two hundred handbags etc... it's then that for a while at least I curb the spending. It's us that's paying for it all which I wouldn't mind if they didn't have the sneery attitude with it.

That annoys me too Snuffles.. Many of them have horses (Alyson, Kathy, Claire etc), 2nd homes, many holidays.. I know that its me just being envious.. But these people live in a different world compared to many.. & it just pi$$es me off sometimes how casually they go on about what they've got - some of them are just very over indulged & spoilt wives..
Ok, got to go now - cleaning the horses out tonight :giggle:

:eek: Definitely in poor taste - a little bit like those expressions that old people occasionally use that are gobsmackingly racist but they don't really think of them that way.

Alas, you've just described my nan..... :(

Going back to the main point here, what a stupid thing for her to bring up.
A) Don't like them? DON'T WEAR THEM!

B) Stupid enough to wear them even though you don't like them and don't want people to see them? DON'T MENTION THEM AND THUS FOCUS EVERYONE'S ATTENTION ON THEM!

And as for the 'sleeping rough' comment, how completely inseneitive and inconsiderate. She's so full of it.

Last edited:
I think your remarks about 'old people' are in poor taste but then we are all entitled to express an opinion.

Latest posts

Back