Just read on MSN that Thomas Kinkade has died, anyone else heard this?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It's not a competition vamps ner ner ner

Bet you didn't know his 4 daughters were called Merritt, Chandler, Winsor and Everett...... Don't tell Julia!

Sound remarkably like character names from Anne Rice tripey novels, just an observation.
Joanna Sheen, super nice craft person has a triple cd of his stuff, nice enough and some folk love it, but she said they were a nightmare to deal with and wanted an outrageous selling price.

I read somewhere that the names of his daughters are those of artists but I don't know anymore than that.

bought my mum a bag and umbrella from qvc it was quite nice. liked some of his pictures to. very sad he died so young...

Loopy Loo I think. I know she used email in complaints when his gear was on that he was unacceptable in light of his dishonest and lewd behaviour. Great fun!

His stuff was so mass produced copies by the thousand so anyone expecting for them to increase will be disappointed.

So he was a drunk who groped his female staff and peed in public. But his worst crime painting sickly sweet shite.

His stuff was so mass produced copies by the thousand so anyone expecting for them to increase will be disappointed.

So he was a drunk who groped his female staff and peed in public. But his worst crime painting sickly sweet shite.

you might just as well as have bought a print from Ikea,it would have risen in value just the same. horrible, typical American shlock. i'm sure there was/is a "gallery" in Chiswick (?) which would induce a little bit of vomit in ones mouth every time one passed by.

According to an article about him one in twenty houses in America had at least one of his pictures, so I don't think there would be much scarcity value!

Didn't know all this about Thomas Kincaide. Thanks for the update. Tragic. Peewee Herman-esque in it's tragic human frailty aspect (although now he's RIP, there's no possibility of re-habilitation of reputation, unlike PeeWee).

Hey BurlyBear, I think iClaudipuss would have been the source for "painter of shite", don't you think? iClaudipuss had a genius turn of phrase! (Using the past tense because don't seem to see her - she was a her, wasn't she? - cropping up of late.)

you might just as well as have bought a print from Ikea,it would have risen in value just the same. horrible, typical American shlock. i'm sure there was/is a "gallery" in Chiswick (?) which would induce a little bit of vomit in ones mouth every time one passed by.

Until a few months ago I used to pass that gallery in Chiswick on the High Road when I was walking my grandaughter in the buggy. I was always peering in through the windows but you could see absolutely nothing. Nobody ever went in and you never saw anyone come out. Miraculously the lights would always come on in the shop and on the window display at night. Always reminded my daughter to tell me if she spotted a customer as she lives very near the gallery. She never did. Used to joke that it was being used for something dodgy! (apart from displaying his terrible pictures)

Come on guys the poor fella has just died hasn't he, and at 54, crikey that's no age at all. Whatever his choice of painting style and supposed personal problems I for one think it is a tragic shame. Some of the comments on here are unfair and well, just unnecessary and unpleasant. Have a heart eh! goodness - he's not even in the ground yet.

My DD loves his paintings as she is very much a home bird and the cosiness of his homes just makes her love her home more and more. She buys a calendar of his every year and maps out her shift rotations. We are very sad to hear of his death, flawed man, yes, extremely talented? yes. RIP.

Come on guys the poor fella has just died hasn't he, and at 54, crikey that's no age at all. Whatever his choice of painting style and supposed personal problems I for one think it is a tragic shame. Some of the comments on here are unfair and well, just unnecessary and unpleasant. Have a heart eh! goodness - he's not even in the ground yet.

Sorry you were offended but death doesn't negate facts. I don't think anyone was that awful here, much worse was said when his stuff appeared on QVC.You want crass, try channel 5's faux pas re Whitney Houston.

He also purloined the title given to one of our own greatest ever and true artists, Painter of Light, that truly belongs to JMW Turner, so he loses even more points in my opinion! He and his team are clever at marketing, I have to ask did one person really have time to produce that number of pictures on their own, mind you having watched the "the Joy of Painting" http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=jo...PH8GJ8gPjvoC3Bw&ved=0CHgQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=687
these are knocked out in a little over a 30 minute period, so .....

Not to my taste at all, but he seemed to have tapped into something that touched a lot of people and presumably brought them pleasure so kudos to him. RIP

Until a few months ago I used to pass that gallery in Chiswick on the High Road when I was walking my grandaughter in the buggy. I was always peering in through the windows but you could see absolutely nothing. Nobody ever went in and you never saw anyone come out. Miraculously the lights would always come on in the shop and on the window display at night. Always reminded my daughter to tell me if she spotted a customer as she lives very near the gallery. She never did. Used to joke that it was being used for something dodgy! (apart from displaying his terrible pictures)
well i was in Chiswick yesterday (Easter Sunday) the "gallery" is still there, i thought there might be a notice in the window - but nothing! There were however two of the worst pictures i have ever seen, propped up on what can be only described as carpet, dark blue carpet in the window. The pictures, sorry i can't call them paintings were i think based on Disney, sort of Lion King style.
My friend who lives in Chiswick said he had never seen anyone in the store and was always wondered if it were a "front" for something else.

Latest posts

Back